What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
a755aadd5840eacf2b7ed2d5fa4a04a5.jpg

This isn't a case to plan on putting on and taking off I can say that. lol just pull and it comes off but goodness. It's TOUGH. I carefully just pulled top off for giggles. Almost like something should go in holes on side to release but no instructions?

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Haha Citron Guy here. Actually was coming here to ask you if you managed to be able to take it off. I need to swap SIM cards and can't get it taken off lol.

I just carefully gently forcefully all at once pulled and got top off. Decided to stop there. Emailed Element to see if they can provide removal instructions. Looks almost like in holes on each corner a paper clip needs to be carefully inserted to release clips. I don't feel like pulling on it like I did is answer regardless. Don't want to break the clips. Honestly interesting enough I was afraid if phone was dropped ends would pop off, until I tried to disassemble case LOL.

When element replys I'll let you know mate

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Haha Citron Guy here. Actually was coming here to ask you if you managed to be able to take it off. I need to swap SIM cards and can't get it taken off lol.

Sounds like Blaine is having the same problem.
Glad you guys are guinea pigging these cases instead of me.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like Blaine is having the same problem.
Glad you guys are guinea pigging these cases instead of me.

You'll will soon enough. Dang solid case. I like how it narrows where you hold it. Port cutout good sized, buttons good feedback, good lip on front for screen down protection, seems to be good balance of protected VS light weight, case feels well balanced in hand, actually very light though compared to how heavy I was expecting, mute switch not super accidentally easy to hit but doesn't require use of pin tip, back not super smooth and case looks KILLER IMO.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Finally someone else has it happen!

Sorry but when I said I had nothing but bad luck with genuine silicone cases peeling or having chunks break off in that very spot, people questioned my sanity. Heh.

Get three times the usage time out of the fakes for the money LOL

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I just carefully gently forcefully all at once pulled and got top off. Decided to stop there. Emailed Element to see if they can provide removal instructions. Looks almost like in holes on each corner a paper clip needs to be carefully inserted to release clips. I don't feel like pulling on it like I did is answer regardless. Don't want to break the clips. Honestly interesting enough I was afraid if phone was dropped ends would pop off, until I tried to disassemble case LOL.

When element replys I'll let you know mate

I was a little afraid as well but I'm getting it swapped out because of the slight damage on it so I figured what the heck. I just went ahead and pulled on it really hard and it came off now.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I was a little afraid as well but I'm getting it swapped out because of the slight damage on it so I figured what the heck. I just went ahead and pulled on it really hard and it came off now.

Did you feel like the clips would "wear" and loosen if you were to remove it more than a few times? I don't want to break clips.

I still think a paper clip could go in the holes on four corners and "release" it. It certainly isn't designed to be removed.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Did you feel like the clips would "wear" and loosen if you were to remove it more than a few times? I don't want to break clips.

I still think a paper clip could go in the holes on four corners and "release" it. It certainly isn't designed to be removed.

I don't think they'd wear but I'm more concerned I could damage the case or even the phone while removing. I may practice a bit with it before I receive my replacement (it's slated to arrive the 24th). BTW, the red looks AWESOMAZING. Still like my Citron better though.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't think they'd wear but I'm more concerned I could damage the case or even the phone while removing. I may practice a bit with it before I receive my replacement (it's slated to arrive the 24th). BTW, the red looks AWESOMAZING. Still like my Citron better though.

This red gets super light under lots of color. Almost looks like light pink 🤦🏼*♂️

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73