What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Here ya go, Truck!

1fd911c3c1e3985d1927b1faf60213cc.jpg
f49962c5247564f2925405916d862e6e.jpg
050e4355efe3df152a628266501e5e70.jpg
937a03ca993792d097c6d3bc1865d96d.jpg

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
So, is the NÜÜD larger than the Fré or about the same size?

NÜÜD is slightly thicker in the front than the Fré. They feel the same, but if you look at the back you can see how they've reinforced the bumper ring on the NÜÜD. Both feel good in hand, feel the same in hand except the NÜÜD has the acrylic feeling back and the only material sameness is the front plate on the NÜÜD. They did an awesome job redesigning the NÜÜD in my opinion.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
And yes, I like seeing my shiny iPhone back. It looks great, and with the smooth back I can put decals on it pretty flush too if I wanted to.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Have the NÜÜD coming today but don't know what to do about screen protection. What good is a rugged waterproof case that leaves your screen wide open to scratches and damage. :rolleyes: If you don't care about scratches or damage to your screen why worry about the back of the phone?

Have prime so I might just try the Dog & Bone Wetsuit Impact also.

Yeah the Wetsuit is open to touch glass of screen but D&G sells a GLASS screen protector compatible with the Wetsuit.

Wetsuit impact is the "frè" and has glass screen protector built in.

I want to try one or other but if I get just Wetsuit it's plus another $29 for their compatible glass screen protector. And Amazon last I looked doesn't have D&G glass screen protector for just Wetsuit.

Aaron the Ho really likes the impact with screen protector built in but in my head... will it have halos and rainbows included in steep purchase price like the Fre?

I don't know what to do.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the Wetsuit is open to touch glass of screen but D&G sells a GLASS screen protector compatible with the Wetsuit.

Wetsuit impact is the "frè" and has glass screen protector built in.

I want to try one or other but if I get just Wetsuit it's plus another $29 for their compatible glass screen protector. And Amazon last I looked doesn't have D&G glass screen protector for just Wetsuit.

Aaron the Ho really likes the impact with screen protector built in but in my head... will it have halos and rainbows included in steep purchase price like the Fre?

I don't know what to do.

If I order the Dog & Bone it would be the impact with built in glass.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
If I order the Dog & Bone it would be the impact with built in glass.

I wish aftermarket screen protectors worked with regular Wetsuit. On my 6 the glass screen protector I had pre-existing to Wetsuit was able to be carefully sandwiched in without buying their glass screen protector. Wonder if same is true now with Wetsuit...

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I wish aftermarket screen protectors worked with regular Wetsuit. On my 6 the glass screen protector I had pre-existing to Wetsuit was able to be carefully sandwiched in without buying their glass screen protector. Wonder if same is true now with Wetsuit...

Look at this video. The 7 version has been much improved over this 6s plus model.

Don't see any rainbows or halos in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJJxN-eXoDU

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
If it's the same plastic as past NÜÜD'S then Yes.

I literally just sold my 6S Plus NÜÜD so I don't know if it's the same plastic. I'm assuming it is....I ran my fingernail over the surface pretty hard to see if it would scratch like the 6S+ one, but nothing happened. It's been in and out of my jacket pocket and so far no zipper scratches, which I'm notorious for.

I think the back material is thicker, better quality because I swear you used to load an iPhone into the previous NÜÜD cases face first like the Fré and snapped on the back plate. My boyfriend's 5C goes in face first and the back snaps on. This one is opposite, it goes back first and the faceplate snaps on, and the back feels way durable.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

The Amazon reviews for the Dog & Bone are pretty lackluster. I'm going to see what the NÜÜD feels like today when it arrives before ordering the D&B. I will be in search of a glass screen protector that will work with the NÜÜD though.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
The Amazon reviews for the Dog & Bone are pretty lackluster. I'm going to see what the NÜÜD feels like today when it arrives before ordering the D&B. I will be in search of a glass screen protector that will work with the NÜÜD though.

Soon glass screen protectors will blanket Amazon I'm sure. Still super new to market. No real good reviews even posted etc yet.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

[3PACK] Lifeproof Nuud HD Tempered Glass Screen Protector For iPhone 6+ 6s+ 7+ plus Case nüüd - Gizmomix Inc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C39X1M...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2885683

I bet LP screen cutout is same size for 6S+ and 7+. Screen is same size as well as phone etc. Hard to change screen cutout size... this one says 7+. Is this the quality you want... maybe not but looks like they exist already.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
[3PACK] Lifeproof Nuud HD Tempered Glass Screen Protector For iPhone 6+ 6s+ 7+ plus Case nüüd - Gizmomix Inc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C39X1M...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2885700

I bet LP screen cutout is same size for 6S+ and 7+. Screen is same size as well as phone etc. Hard to change screen cutout size... this one says 7+. Is this the quality you want... maybe not but looks like they exist already.

I'm going to try the NÜÜD with the Zagg Glass+ Luxe. Like she did with this case. It's edge to edge so I think it would work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ0HgmUT_Jw

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Got in the NÜÜD and it doesn't thrill me. Seems like it's a decent quality built case but I'm not willing to rip off my tempered glass protector just to try it out. Don't want to spend countless hours or money looking for a screen protector that will only work with the NÜÜD and not other cases. I love switching cases too often. The seal around the display is nothing more than a thin bead of clear silicone out of a tiny caulking gun stick to the edge (not replaceable like the case seal).

Might look into the Dog & Bone Wetsuit Impact.

The NÜÜD seems like a quality case, it's just not for me. :(
If anyone wants pictures of the black version let me know and I'll take some later today.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW