What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Well clearly it's the cases fault when the user dropped the phone. Amirite?

I don't mean that to sound snarky, but it's not the cases fault. It's not meant for major drop protection and wasn't advertised as such.

I never said it was the cases fault... nor the user. I was asking to see what the drop situation was like.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Oh I was just genuinely curious because I was looking at it. Pocket to floor doesn't seem that intense.

Yes, I got it. I think the fall was so small to make such damage to my phone. I was sitting when the phone dropped from my pocket. It is, what, 30 centimeters? In my opinion this is a little drop, the case should protect my iPhone. Just my opinion. For scratches and long days on pocket Peel is enough. But in case of drop, well, the phone is for all purposes, naked.

Cheers,

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Well clearly it's the cases fault when the user dropped the phone. Amirite?

I don't mean that to sound snarky, but it's not the cases fault. It's not meant for major drop protection and wasn't advertised as such.

Man, serious, 30cm is a major drop for you? Serious? I was sitting... well, for me if a case can't protect a phone in a case like that, so it is meaningless. Better have iPhone naked.

But I understood your point. For scratches on back, Peel protects very well. For all the rest... you better pray.

For me, now, is Apple leather all-day and screen replacement as soon as possible. The mark is really little, but it is perceptive and is annoying me enough to pay for it.

Cheers,

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I have three cases and still no Lifeproof Nuud. I think I've lost my mind. Most cases I've ever owned. Usually own a Spigen and a Lifeproof. I'm borderline mad.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
White with black speckles !

Do you have pics? I'd like to see! Preferably with the phone in it. And pics of the bottom where the lightning port is. Is it comfortable to hold? My gear4 is! Some cases are sharp around the port openings. I was just curious because they have a black tech21 speckled one I'm interested in

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Man, serious, 30cm is a major drop for you? Serious? I was sitting... well, for me if a case can't protect a phone in a case like that, so it is meaningless. Better have iPhone naked.

But I understood your point. For scratches on back, Peel protects very well. For all the rest... you better pray.

For me, now, is Apple leather all-day and screen replacement as soon as possible. The mark is really little, but it is perceptive and is annoying me enough to pay for it.

Cheers,

That's a foot. A foot is a foot. A foot drop onto carpet? No, not big. A foot drop onto wood or tile, yeah. It's a drop I'd expect damage from of some sort.

FYI - I've dropped my 7 Plus naked, probably a foot and a half onto hardwood floor and it skirt DED a couple of feet on the screen. It took a small ding on the corner that isn't obvious unless it's under direct bright flashlight and a scratch on the screen. I own a Peel case, but I rarely use a case at all. I've been using a Spigen thin fit for the last few days but I'm starting to itch for no case again so I'll likely be caseless again soon. But the Peel has never been advertised for drop protection.

My husband dropped his 6 Plus in the Apple leather case and got a chip in the screen, and I dropped my 6S Plus with the Apple leather and got a scrape on the bottom. It won't save your phone either, in the wrong drop.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Do you have pics? I'd like to see! Preferably with the phone in it. And pics of the bottom where the lightning port is. Is it comfortable to hold? My gear4 is! Some cases are sharp around the port openings. I was just curious because they have a black tech21 speckled one I'm interested in

Going to order the Gear4 but can't decide between the brown or black. Anyone get the black? Pictures please?

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR