What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Umm I buy car insurance because it is required by law so that analogy is kind of silly. Also it doesn't matter how careful you are someone can still crash into you, unless someone runs into you or football tackles you there is no excuse for dropping your phone.

Coverage for your vehicle is not required by law.

No excuse for dropping your phone? Lol. Have you never dropped anything? Set it somewhere and it gets knocked off? How do you explain the millions of phone insurance claims for broken screens that are made every year? I usually wish the best for people, but I'll admit, I kinda hope you crack your screen.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
A simple bump? No, I have a good grip on my phone. If someone runs into me then yes, but when is someone going to run into you... really.

If you don't use a case why come to the case thread? We get it. You are the worlds most careful person. Not everyone has that airtight grip. Your post completely discounts people who may have physical disabilities or work in fields where they and their phones are exposed to the elements. Or you know, just like the fashion aspect of cases.

Bartone

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Coverage for your vehicle is not required by law.

No excuse for dropping your phone? Lol. Have you never dropped anything? Set it somewhere and it gets knocked off? How do you explain the millions of phone insurance claims for broken screens that are made every year? I usually wish the best for people, but I'll admit, I kinda hope you crack your screen.

It is required by law, that's why they ask for your insurance if you get pulled over because if you don't you can't legally drive lol Maybe you don't live in North America or something.

I explain the millions of claims because we live in a wasteful society where people aren't careful. I've been using smartphones for years and have never dropped one once. If you set your phone somewhere where it can get knocked off then you are careless and you deserve to have your screen cracked. My phone is either in a good grip in my hand, in my pocket, or on a table far away from the edge.

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
If you don't use a case why come to the case thread? We get it. You are the worlds most careful person. Not everyone has that airtight grip. Your post completely discounts people who may have physical disabilities or work in fields where they and their phones are exposed to the elements. Or you know, just like the fashion aspect of cases.

Nicely said. Now back to sharing everyone's awesome cases and posting pics of them. It has gotten a bit off topic 😎

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It is required by law, that's why they ask for your insurance if you get pulled over because if you don't you can't legally drive lol Maybe you don't live in North America or something.

I explain the millions of claims because we live in a wasteful society where people aren't careful. I've been using smartphones for years and have never dropped one once. If you set your phone somewhere where it can get knocked off then you are careless and you deserve to have your screen cracked. My phone is either in a good grip in my hand, in my pocket, or on a table far away from the edge.

Liability insurance is required by law. Comp/Collision for your own vehicle is not. Some states require no fault, but that's the closest you get to HAVING to cover damages to your own vehicle.

ETA: and with that I'm done with the off topic discussion. Sorry, lol.

Bartone

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site

There are always exceptions, if you have a disability or work in hostile environments then of course a case will be helpful. But the phone is sleek naked and a case doesn't make it look better. I bet you if phones were crack proof almost nobody would buy a case.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Friendly reminder: The title of this thread is "What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?"
Please stay on topic.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Question for you. Will my AppleCare+ that I just purchased transfer to the iPhone 7S/8 that I buy next year? Or do you need to keep the same device for 2 years to use the full 2 years of the AppleCare+ plan?

No, you won't be able to transfer to the next iPhone. But, you can call Agreement Administration and ask for a prorated refund of the AC+ premium. If you make a claim, there won't be a refund due and owing, but if you make no accidental damage claims, you can get about half of the money back.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If you dropped the phone the rubber could flex and those screws scratch the back of the phone. I'm going to cut some thin leather with a hole punch and glue them over the exposed screws.

Ouch, I'm definitely going to return this case, it isn't worth $60 if it does more harm than good. Also there's a serious flaw with the top edges, especially at the camera side, the phone would try to pop out. I wouldn't even recommend UAG for the iPhone 7 series because of this. Had that same issue with the plasma

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Ouch, I'm definitely going to return this case, it isn't worth $60 if it does more harm than good. Also there's a serious flaw with the top edges, especially at the camera side, the phone would try to pop out. I wouldn't even recommend UAG for the iPhone 7 series because of this. Had that same issue with the plasma

Wow good to know, I almost went for the monarch. Not now. Had already seen an Amazon review of the rubber separating from the hard shell on the Plasma cases.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I've got the Tech21 Evo Gem case (pink) and I love it. I've been using Tech21 since my iPhone 5. They are fab - protective but not to bulky.

My wife has the same one you have on her 7+, that's why I started to like the one I linked. I still want to be able to see my beautiful phone but have some protection against drops.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR