Tbh I have been using the lifeproof fre cases since they released it for the 4s was on the fence of getting the catalyst but wasn’t a fan of the clear back since it would get all scratched up and look bad after a few months of use right now I’m using a life proof fre case for the 7plus so far so good. Audio is so much better than the previous cases haven’t had any issues yet only thing that’s meh is the screen protector but that’s will all waterproof case that are fully covered I guess I’m a little biased to lifeproof case’s just because I haven’t had any issues with them so far.
    Yeah the screen is why I was thinking about the Dog & Bone since the Impact is a glass screen protector vs. the plastic style most of the two piece cases have.
    07-28-2017 01:22 PM
    Yeah the screen is why I was thinking about the Dog & Bone since the Impact is a glass screen protector vs. the plastic style most of the two piece cases have.
    yeah that’s true but then again if you have a chance to check them out in person before you buy them I’d suggest you do that just because these cases are not for every one and most just buy it then complain
    07-28-2017 01:34 PM
    Just received the Apple leather case. Loving it! Matches so well with the matte black iPhone.
    Yay!

What color?
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    07-28-2017 03:57 PM
    Yay!

What color?
    Black :P

I used to use the Midnight Blue and Black with my 6s Plus.
    07-28-2017 10:30 PM
    @flyinion, I'd skip the Dog & Bone. I try not to be biased as I'm very much a Lifeproof girl, but the D&G is a premium price for a case that doesn't feel premium. The speaker sound quality wasn't that great, and the finger print sensor membrane was kind of tacky and felt like there was too much space between the membrane the home button. It also seemed to be a huge dust magnet for some reason. I don't think the latch door was that well thought out either.

It felt good in hand though compared to a Fre. Definitely a way slimmed down profile. Didn't have too many issues with the screen protector. Love the color combination and the unique design of the case as well. Would I buy it again, probably not. I had a similar experience with their Topless as well. Though I prefer the Topless to the NUUD because of the solid colored back.

Okay, I ended up sounded totally biased... But I've used Lifeproof Fre's on every phone I've owned and am currently rocking one on my SE. I know what to expect from Lifeproof, know how to install them, and absolutely love their customer service. I'd probably tattoo their logo on my forehead for free cases, okay?!

Ultimately, the decision is all yours my friend!
    porshjosh and akutch34 like this.
    07-28-2017 11:06 PM
    @flyinion, I'd skip the Dog & Bone. I try not to be biased as I'm very much a Lifeproof girl, but the D&G is a premium price for a case that doesn't feel premium. The speaker sound quality wasn't that great, and the finger print sensor membrane was kind of tacky and felt like there was too much space between the membrane the home button. It also seemed to be a huge dust magnet for some reason. I don't think the latch door was that well thought out either.

It felt good in hand though compared to a Fre. Definitely a way slimmed down profile. Didn't have too many issues with the screen protector. Love the color combination and the unique design of the case as well. Would I buy it again, probably not. I had a similar experience with their Topless as well. Though I prefer the Topless to the NUUD because of the solid colored back.

Okay, I ended up sounded totally biased... But I've used Lifeproof Fre's on every phone I've owned and am currently rocking one on my SE. I know what to expect from Lifeproof, know how to install them, and absolutely love their customer service. I'd probably tattoo their logo on my forehead for free cases, okay?!

Ultimately, the decision is all yours my friend!
    Lifeproof for the win
    07-29-2017 01:55 AM
    Thanks guys, I may go that route then. I was originally planning to get one if I needed a waterproof one then started reading a lot of hype about the D&B ones.
    07-29-2017 04:30 AM
    Ok broke down and ordered a Fre to replace my Playproof, or at least use along with it. Sucks that I'll have to get rid of the Rhino screen protector though. Amazon has the Fre on sale in most colors for the Plus for around $45-48 right now so I jumped on it. I was going to go blue but then remembered I've seen that in the store and it's a bit brighter than I'd like so I went with the gray color with the lime accents. should be here Wednesday or Thursday.
    porshjosh and akutch34 like this.
    08-01-2017 02:21 AM
    Ok broke down and ordered a Fre to replace my Playproof, or at least use along with it. Sucks that I'll have to get rid of the Rhino screen protector though. Amazon has the Fre on sale in most colors for the Plus for around $45-48 right now so I jumped on it. I was going to go blue but then remembered I've seen that in the store and it's a bit brighter than I'd like so I went with the gray color with the lime accents. should be here Wednesday or Thursday.
    Good choice I went for the gray one as Weill it’s a bit more brighter in person than it’s online
    08-01-2017 02:28 AM
    Great choice. Enjoy your new case!
    08-01-2017 04:56 AM
    Back to the Black  leather case.
    Word! :P
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-01-2017 08:02 AM
    Word! :P
    You can never go wrong with the Apple Leather Case
    Spencerdl and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    08-01-2017 08:23 AM
    This is very true.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-01-2017 08:37 AM
    Specifically the black one. Doesn't show any dirt.
    08-01-2017 07:53 PM
    Good luck! I also have the grey and green Fre
    08-01-2017 08:03 PM
    Specifically the black one. Doesn't show any dirt.
    And the color stays the same too!
    Danny8200 likes this.
    08-01-2017 09:40 PM
    Anyone using a UAG Metropolis on their phone? I'm thinking of picking one up to go with that Fre I ordered in case I don't want to keep the Fre on all the time. I'm worried about micro-scratches in the coating if I don't have some sort of protection for the screen, but of course I can't run a protector with the Fre, and don't want to be trying to install/remove/reinstall a protector anytime I take it out of the Fre to put in something else. The Metropolis seems like a way to get some protection while it's in my pocket/etc. I'm just not sure about using a folio case on my phone from a picture taking standpoint.

Thinking of doing a matching magma color for my matte black iPhone and my new 5th Gen space gray iPad that is currently rocking a super cheap $15 folio that's pretty much just good enough to protect the screen (if I drop it it's gonna pop right out of the case part for sure it's so cheap). What do you guys think?
    08-02-2017 12:06 PM
    Anyone using a UAG Metropolis on their phone? I'm thinking of picking one up to go with that Fre I ordered in case I don't want to keep the Fre on all the time. I'm worried about micro-scratches in the coating if I don't have some sort of protection for the screen, but of course I can't run a protector with the Fre, and don't want to be trying to install/remove/reinstall a protector anytime I take it out of the Fre to put in something else. The Metropolis seems like a way to get some protection while it's in my pocket/etc. I'm just not sure about using a folio case on my phone from a picture taking standpoint.

Thinking of doing a matching magma color for my matte black iPhone and my new 5th Gen space gray iPad that is currently rocking a super cheap $15 folio that's pretty much just good enough to protect the screen (if I drop it it's gonna pop right out of the case part for sure it's so cheap). What do you guys think?
    You “might”be able to use one of those plastic screen protectors with the fre. Personally I haven’t used any type of screen protector or skin with the fre case as o haven’t had any issues or scratches on my previous phones from using the lifeproof fre case . Not a huge fan of folio style phone cases so can’t give you a good answer to that.
    08-02-2017 12:14 PM
    You “might”be able to use one of those plastic screen protectors with the fre. Personally I haven’t used any type of screen protector or skin with the fre case as o haven’t had any issues or scratches on my previous phones from using the lifeproof fre case . Not a huge fan of folio style phone cases so can’t give you a good answer to that.
    Thanks, I'm not worried about trying to use one with the Fre since of course it has a built in protector and I don't want to risk compromising the waterproof-ness of the case. Just thinking for if/when the phone is not in the Fre.
    08-02-2017 12:32 PM
    @flyinion the Rhinoshield plastic screen protector is pretty cheap, thin, and ridiculously protective.
    08-02-2017 12:46 PM
    I just slapped on a Ringke Air Prism Glitter I won on a Facebook giveaway. Hey can't beat free.
    akutch34 likes this.
    08-02-2017 03:14 PM
    @flyinion the Rhinoshield plastic screen protector is pretty cheap, thin, and ridiculously protective.
    Yeah I have it, but that's my point is I just took it off so I can put the Fre on so now I don't have a screen protector if I decide to swap cases around. There's no way I'm going to keep something dust free if I keep installing/removing/reinstalling the same thing, and ~$20 a pop every time I decide to stop using the Fre is steep. I might only use the fre on weekend trips for example.
    akutch34 likes this.
    08-02-2017 03:27 PM
    Or are you saying the Rhino protector will work under a Fre with no issues?
    08-02-2017 03:28 PM
    Hmmm, since I have Applecare+ due to using Apple's "upgrade program" I might just forget about screen protectors and pay the deductible if I mess it up. I've never used an iPhone without one but wow the home button on the 7 feels really nice to use with no ridge from a protector down there for the half day I've been using it like this (my Fre comes tomorrow). I've used protectors since I tried to not do one on a Lumia 1020 and it got ridiculous scratches and even gouges around the top and bottom bezels and the only thing in the pocket with it ever was a small 10ml plastic bottle of artificial tears (eye drops).
    Danny8200 likes this.
    08-02-2017 04:04 PM
    @flyinion you’d probably have to press on the screen harder with another screen protector under the Frē but it shouldn’t mess up the water protection. If you want to go the AppleCare route that works too.
    08-02-2017 04:08 PM
9,692 ... 374375376377378 ...