Forget a case I rock it naked with no screen protector. Just don't be a dummy and drop your phone or leave stuff in the same pocket as your phone and you won't have cracks or scratches... I've never understood cases for phones, do people who buy them have two left hands?
    Why wear a seatbelt? You'll never crash, right??
    pantlesspenguin and Zafla like this.
    11-06-2016 07:33 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...47644f0e0a.jpg

Just picked up this bad boy from Best Buy. I always see it on their website but have never seen it in person. I'll review when I put it on.
    Is Jack Kates Husband?
    violetjune likes this.
    11-06-2016 08:02 PM
    I'm using the Tech21 - Evo Elite in brushed black

11-06-2016 08:49 PM
    I ordered the Spigen liquid armor, because it's the only case I've seen that has separate cutouts for the camera, flash and mic. It looks very nice, IMO. It is just thick enough to bring the back of the phone flush with the camera hump. Does anyone have experience with this case? I'm wondering if it affects the flash or the sound cancellation. Mine should be here Wednesday.
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    11-06-2016 09:03 PM
    Forget a case I rock it naked with no screen protector. Just don't be a dummy and drop your phone or leave stuff in the same pocket as your phone and you won't have cracks or scratches... I've never understood cases for phones, do people who buy them have two left hands?
    Comments like that crack me up. Do people who buy cases for there phones care about the 650-1000$ purchase. Of course we do.
    11-06-2016 09:06 PM
    Ive already dropped it and no extra scratches/cracks/dents
    So HA Robert but if it breaks I'll just pay 80 for a new one!
    Or spend the 30$ with a glass screen protector 8-20$ off eBay and never have worry. So buy apple care and no case or screen protector and as you say just spend the 80$ for new one? I'm assuming referring to AppleCare. So what would that end up costing ? Like 180$
    11-06-2016 09:10 PM
    Comments like that crack me up. Do people who buy cases for there phones care about the 650-1000$ purchase. Of course we do.
    I buy AppleCare+ to protect my $1,000 investment. I buy a cheap case to help prevent paying a $29 or $99 deductible to either get the screen or entire phone replaced.
    11-06-2016 09:51 PM
    Is Jack Kates Husband?
    No, it's a brand that Kate Spade and Andy Spade created together, oh and they are related to David Spade..
    11-06-2016 09:59 PM
    I buy AppleCare+ to protect my $1,000 investment. I buy a cheap case to help prevent paying a $29 or $99 deductible to either get the screen or entire phone replaced.
    Same.

I also buy cases for different styles.
    11-06-2016 10:24 PM
    Same.

I also buy cases for different styles.
    Question for you. Will my AppleCare+ that I just purchased transfer to the iPhone 7S/8 that I buy next year? Or do you need to keep the same device for 2 years to use the full 2 years of the AppleCare+ plan?
    11-06-2016 10:32 PM
    Oh yeah? Why buy car insurance? Do people who buy car insurance have two left eyes? Don't be a dummy and crash your car.

Sounds stupid, doesn't it?

Accidents happen.
    11-06-2016 10:35 PM
    Or spend the 30$ with a glass screen protector 8-20$ off eBay and never have worry. So buy apple care and no case or screen protector and as you say just spend the 80$ for new one? I'm assuming referring to AppleCare. So what would that end up costing ? Like 180$
    A case and screen protector doesn't make your phone bulletproof. I've still had a screen crack while protected with a glass screen protector.

It seems like this thread has turned into an argument of who's method of protection is better.
    MooMooPrincess and reeneebob like this.
    11-06-2016 10:39 PM

Saw this one on a review by The Tech Reviewer. I decided to order it although my fav is still the otterbox symmetry. Gonna try this to see if I like it! Gets delivered tomorrow!
    11-07-2016 12:05 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...9a1b6b458c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...9ff87d5f3c.jpg

Saw this one on a review by The Tech Reviewer. I decided to order it although my fav is still the otterbox symmetry. Gonna try this to see if I like it! Gets delivered tomorrow!
    Take lots of pics ❤️
    Danny8200 likes this.
    11-07-2016 12:09 AM
    Take lots of pics ❤️
    Will do! I have a few cases here ( Silicone) but I'm deciding what I'm gonna keep and what to get rid of!
    11-07-2016 02:20 AM
    Oh yeah? Why buy car insurance? Do people who buy car insurance have two left eyes? Don't be a dummy and crash your car.

Sounds stupid, doesn't it?

Accidents happen.
    Car insurance is a mandate by law. Having a cell phone is not. Kind of a bad analogy there.
    reeneebob and ladyc0524 like this.
    11-07-2016 04:45 AM
    Question for you. Will my AppleCare+ that I just purchased transfer to the iPhone 7S/8 that I buy next year? Or do you need to keep the same device for 2 years to use the full 2 years of the AppleCare+ plan?
    Cannot answer that. Maybe someone else in here can. I assume it's for that device because it's tied to that device but I could be wrong.
    11-07-2016 05:08 AM
    Car insurance is a mandate by law. Having a cell phone is not. Kind of a bad analogy there.
    Some states do not require car insurance. New Hampshire and Virginia does not require it. Not sure if there are any others.
    itsnotmeitsyou likes this.
    11-07-2016 05:09 AM
    I don't get people who want to go naked. Life happens. You can be the most careful person in the world but one slip of the hand, someone bumps into you, or you have KIDS, and your $1000 phone is destroyed. At least get a screen protector.

To each their own. My life is too busy to worry constantly to baby my phone. I slap a case and glass screen protector on my iPhone and be done with it
    For the record - I own two cases, never use them. Don't baby my phone. It's just a phone. Screen protectors are a racket (I stopped when I realized how much money I was spending on them - plastic scratches and feels bad, tempered chips and looks bad because it's not edge to edge - it didn't matter how much I spent on it, cheap or expensive all of them chipped at the edges for me).

The amount of money I wasted in cases and screen protectors is far more than the cost of AppleCare and the deductible. If my phone gets scratched, it gets scratched.

It's only a phone. My life is just as busy as yours or anyone else's...I don't have time to baby a phone either. I just also dont have time to justify their sheer insane amount of money I spent on cases and screen films that detracted from the phone. And don't mistake - using a case and a screen protector takes away some of the experience of the actual phone.

It's akin to having car insurance and then driving around your Veyron wrapped in bubble wrap. I put insurance on my car, my house, but I don't follow that up with entombing them in plastic and metal 'just in case'.

Hell I dropped it the other day for the first time - apart from a small ding on the corner you can't see unless you look for it, it's fine. Landed on a hardwood floor and slid a couple of feet. Still don't have a case on it. I've never had a broken screen , ever - case or no case, going back to my original Nokia brick 20 years ago.
    11-07-2016 05:37 AM
    No, AppleCare+ is a two year insurance plan that travels with the device. The only time this changes is with a device replacement via AppleCare, then the AppleCare transfers to the AppleCare replaced device.
    itsnotmeitsyou and libra89 like this.
    11-07-2016 05:54 AM
    but not too busy to have time to search a thread on cases...
    iamdld, mchi5 and libra89 like this.
    11-07-2016 07:41 AM
    Not everywhere. And coverage for your own vehicle is not required anywhere by law. Only liability.
    Last edited by itsnotmeitsyou; 11-07-2016 at 08:42 AM.
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    11-07-2016 08:26 AM
    A case and screen protector doesn't make your phone bulletproof. I've still had a screen crack while protected with a glass screen protector.

It seems like this thread has turned into an argument of who's method of protection is better.
    Lmao. Where did I once say it makes it bullet proof ?
    11-07-2016 11:12 AM

New gear4 case. Love it! Similar to the otterbox symmetry when you look at it head on but nice beautiful rich shade of brown leather on the back
    11-07-2016 12:38 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...2c7c35b187.jpg
    New gear4 case. Love it! Similar to the otterbox symmetry when you look at it head on but nice beautiful rich shade of brown leather on the back
    Nice, does it smell like leather? Does it ship from the US?
    Danny8200 likes this.
    11-07-2016 01:11 PM
9,272 ... 3031323334 ...