What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

iOSConvert2k14

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Since the Jet Black option is more prone to scratches, what cases are you all looking into? I have an Otterbox now on my 6S Plus and it's horrible because it adds way to much bulk. Any recommendations for something to keep the enclosure and screen safe without all the bulkiness that an Otterbox adds?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cases

I doubt it's more prone to scratches, just a fingerprint magnet. Spigen makes nice thin cases with clear backs and full clear. Rhinoshield Crash Guard is a bumper only that extends past the edges and is rated at 11 feet for drops.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm not putting a case on it, might as well get the other model of you do seeing as the reason for getting the jet black model is for it'd looks. I would put invisible shield or something but no case

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

could you compare the camera cutout for the 7 plus compared to a case for the 6 plus? trying to see if my current case charger combo might possibly fit meaning one less accessory to purchase.

garyf33

May 6, 2011
Visit site

Will be getting the Otterbox Defender for my new Iphone 7 Plus since it's one of the only cases that come with a belt clip anymore. I don't really need all the protection but hate carrying phones in my pockets.

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

It's more prone to scratches? Oh my gosh guys how do you know that? Haha but vena, VRS and Spigen has awesome and protective cases already. I totally recommend one of these.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site

I'll be ordering my 7+ leather case from the Apple site today in anticipation. At $50 it's definitely highway robbery...but I've never had a case that fit better or looked better longer. I've had it on all my iPhone's since my "5".

I use the black one since with use & time, all the cases develop "patina" or stains from the oils in your skin & the environment. The black leather variant hides those stains...

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

It's more prone to scratches? Oh my gosh guys how do you know that? Haha but vena, VRS and Spigen has awesome and protective cases already. I totally recommend one of these.

Apple's website has a footnote that the Jet black finish could be prone to micro scratches.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

I doubt it's more prone to scratches, just a fingerprint magnet. Spigen makes nice thin cases with clear backs and full clear. Rhinoshield Crash Guard is a bumper only that extends past the edges and is rated at 11 feet for drops.

It literally states on the apple website the jet black is more prone to visible micro scratches

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site

...and to add, will the iPhone 6s Plus case, fit the iPhone 7 Plus?
I feel already I'm going to have to spend more money :(

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Poetic cases are 10 basically, time to buy before they go up in price

e572e3e8f18e90c417dbbfb77f014eef.jpg

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

It is more prone to 'micro-abrasions' as per the official Apple iPhone 7 site. Scroll to the bottom to the fine print and look at point 2.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

I'll be ordering my 7+ leather case from the Apple site today in anticipation. At $50 it's definitely highway robbery...but I've never had a case that fit better or looked better longer. I've had it on all my iPhone's since my "5".

I use the black one since with use & time, all the cases develop "patina" or stains from the oils in your skin & the environment. The black leather variant hides those stains...

I've used the midnight blue leather case on my 6s+ since day one and I've loved it. It actually provided more drop protection than I thought I would. Mine is scuffed at some places, but I'd rather have a scuff on the case than on the phone! My blue case is also lighter in some areas so it didn't completely hide the stains, but I'm wondering if those are oil stains or makeup/lotion stains.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711