My stickers should be here the 7th according to eBay
    That might be accurate as they're coming from Houston!
    blaine07 likes this.
    03-03-2017 07:53 PM
    That might be accurate as they're coming from Houston!

This came today. That's all that came though
    SABRIAN70 likes this.
    03-03-2017 07:54 PM
    No it's @felloffthetruck fault
    I blame him too, and @MizWylie
    blaine07 likes this.
    03-03-2017 07:54 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2e50497cc5.jpg

This came today. That's all that came though
    Remember, sharing is caring
    blaine07 likes this.
    03-03-2017 07:55 PM
    Remember, sharing is caring
    You live in states mate?
    03-03-2017 08:05 PM
    I just broke down and bought a LifeProof Nuud, thanks @blaine07
    Yay!
    03-03-2017 08:27 PM
    You live in states mate?
    Yes, he's a fellow Marylander!!
    blaine07 likes this.
    03-03-2017 08:28 PM
    No it's @felloffthetruck fault
    It's all my fault and I don't even have my Citron Green Element case yet. Or my Lime Green Ullu case either.

I need a Go Fund Me page so I can get some $$$$ for new cases.
    blaine07 and akutch34 like this.
    03-03-2017 08:33 PM
    Oh my, forget the jack hole, the Monarch is much lighter than anticipated and the buttons are nice. There will be a review for the Midnight Monarch.
    Please put up a link to the review, I'll never be able to find it. Maybe just post your reviews here?
    03-03-2017 08:35 PM
    I think I could get used to the weight but would prefer that the crystals were inlaid.
    Yeah it's a better feel in hand. The ridges can be definitely felt on this one. It's just fun to use from time to time. It most likely won't be my daily driver. Will probably keep it on till tomorrow night because I start my vacation Sunday.
    03-03-2017 08:52 PM
    It's all my fault and I don't even have my Citron Green Element case yet. Or my Lime Green Ullu case either.

I need a Go Fund Me page so I can get some $$$$ for new cases.
    Lime green ullu, huh?
    03-03-2017 09:00 PM
    Yeah it's a better feel in hand. The ridges can be definitely felt on this one. It's just fun to use from time to time. It most likely won't be my daily driver. Will probably keep it on till tomorrow night because I start my vacation Sunday.
    What is your vacation case?
    03-03-2017 09:01 PM
    What is your vacation case?
    My otterbox crystal. Will be living at the gym it's a staycation
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    03-03-2017 09:02 PM
    Lime green ullu, huh?
    I'm waiting for your pictures first.
    I'm not putting a case on it, might as well get the other model of you do seeing as the reason for getting the jet black model is for it'd looks. I would put invisible shield or something but no case http://www.tykeanimal.com
    You're in the wrong thread then lol.
    blaine07 likes this.
    I'm waiting for your pictures first.
    Left India about 6 hrs ago. Hoping for a Monday surprise. Depends on what customs does though.
    felloffthetruck and blaine07 like this.
    03-03-2017 09:04 PM
    Please put up a link to the review, I'll never be able to find it. Maybe just post your reviews here?
    Lol, ok I'll link it here when it's up.
    blaine07 likes this.
    03-03-2017 09:26 PM
    Lol, ok I'll link it here when it's up.
    Any ETA on this review? Can't wait to read this one.
    03-03-2017 09:28 PM
    Well I accidentally got a $15 Amazon credit. I placed my order on Wednesday with the assumption that 2-Day shipping would have it delivered by Saturday at the latest. However it appears everything will be delivered Monday when I'm not here. I sent an email to Amazon asking how 2-Day shipping equates to 4 business days. They gave me a $15 credit, makes the Element case hard to resist now.
    blaine07 likes this.
    03-03-2017 09:29 PM
    Probably Saturday or Sunday. I want to spend a little time with it before reviewing.
    03-03-2017 09:30 PM
    ZOEAST Creative 2 in 1 Cute 8 Colors Shoes Donald Duck Stitch Feet iPhone Stand Data Port Dust Plug Phone Shoes Dustproof Charm iPhone 5S 6 6S SE 7 Plus Phone Stand (iPhone SE/6S/7 Plug, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MDJNFIM...mUvbUpU2906942

I've seen it all now 🤷🏼*♂️
    03-03-2017 09:34 PM
    Well I accidentally got a $15 Amazon credit. I placed my order on Wednesday with the assumption that 2-Day shipping would have it delivered by Saturday at the latest. However it appears everything will be delivered Monday when I'm not here. I sent an email to Amazon asking how 2-Day shipping equates to 4 business days. They gave me a $15 credit, makes the Element case hard to resist now.
    What Element are going to get?
    03-03-2017 09:35 PM
    What Element are going to get?
    CFX, Orange of course.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    03-03-2017 09:36 PM
    I may start on the review tonight now that I think about it. To start with the preface that addresses the questionable marketing. Which in all honesty is my biggest issue with the case and with UAG as a company. So I may write that part tonight.
    03-03-2017 09:46 PM
    Ok ok, I'll give you all a teaser on the Monarch review. The preface, addressing the marketing fluff and what exactly the Monarch actually offers.

Preface
    If you’ve never heard the phrase marketing fluff, or anything similar, you’re about to know what it is. The Urban Armor Gear Monarch is the embodiment of that phrase. So what is marketing fluff? It’s when a company says a lot of fancy things about their product in order to sell it, bonus points if it’s marked up like the Monarch is. The Urban Armor Gear Monarch is marketed as having five “layers” of protection. What this actually means though is that the case is made from four different materials and has a few tiny screws in it. Yes, the screws are counted as a “layer” of protection. The other four layers being the frame, the leather, the polycarbonate plate, and the rubber. All of these materials are part of a single body which means they aren’t layers. If these were actually all layers the drop protection would probably be much better.

Speaking of the drop protection…2x Military Standard. Amazing right? Wrong, sort of. It is still technically 2x Military Standard, depending on how you view that. To understand this you need to understand the Military Standard, 810G is what you’ll usually see and this encompasses many many different tests. Urban Armor Gear on the other hand tells you specifically which test, 516.6 in fact, which has to do with shock. So what is Military Standard 810G-516.6? Basically the requirements are that you can drop your phone from between four and half feet and 6 feet onto a piece of plywood on top of concrete for a total of 26 times. Standards are loose as well, multiple devices can be dropped to meet the requirement. 2x Military Standard though, that means nine foot to twelve foot drops right? Wrong. Urban Armor Gear’s definition of 2x Military Standard is that you can drop your phone in the Monarch from four and half feet to six feet onto a piece of plywood on top of concrete for not 26 drops, but 52 drops. You get twice as many drops at the same height.

So does the Monarch really have five “layers” of protection? Not really. Does it really have 2x Military Standard ratings? Technically, if you consider double the amount of drops the case can handle to be 2x the standard, then yes. Otherwise no, this is still just an average every day case to handle every day drops. It can just handle them longer than the competitors.

EDIT: The last paragraph didn't make it, here it is.

So does the Monarch really have five “layers” of protection? Not really. Does it really have 2x Military Standard ratings? Technically, if you consider double the amount of drops the case can handle to be 2x the standard, then yes. Otherwise no, this is still just an average every day case to handle every day drops. It can just handle them longer than the competitors.
    Last edited by metllicamilitia; 03-03-2017 at 11:14 PM.
    03-03-2017 10:08 PM
9,277 ... 272273274275276 ...