Yeah if I wasn't going to be outdoors where I could potentially drop it onto rocks while hiking/etc. then it wouldn't be as big of an issue. In an urban setting you'd have to try really really hard to drop it somewhere that it could land on just the screen like that. The outdoorsy stuff is the only reason I'm going with the Rhino protector. I really like the feel of the glass ones even though they're thicker and don't have the same protection, but I've also heard the Rhino one feels almost like glass so who knows. I suppose if I had $20 to burn I could buy another Rhino protector and cut it to fit the Nuud or the dog & bone that is open like the Nuud. Then I'd have the best of both worlds, waterproof and screen impact protection.
    blaine07 likes this.
    02-06-2017 04:42 PM
    Yeah if I wasn't going to be outdoors where I could potentially drop it onto rocks while hiking/etc. then it wouldn't be as big of an issue. In an urban setting you'd have to try really really hard to drop it somewhere that it could land on just the screen like that. The outdoorsy stuff is the only reason I'm going with the Rhino protector. I really like the feel of the glass ones even though they're thicker and don't have the same protection, but I've also heard the Rhino one feels almost like glass so who knows. I suppose if I had $20 to burn I could buy another Rhino protector and cut it to fit the Nuud or the dog & bone that is open like the Nuud. Then I'd have the best of both worlds, waterproof and screen impact protection.
    They sell specific screen protectors for D&G Wetsuit and probably soon for LP Nuud so that you could have Best of both worlds. That's been my goal all along lol. I ordered a Teqii glass screen protector that says it works with 7+ Nuud.

I have on hand the BoneGuard D&G sells specifically to be used with Wetsuit, too. If I could ever get Wetsuit.

BoneGuard says on box for 6 Plus series but it's one D&G lists on their website as working worth 7+ Wetsuit.
    02-06-2017 04:44 PM
    Yep I know there are tempered glass protectors for them, but I was talking about modifying a Rhino protector that can take a much harder impact than the glass ones. I had vowed never to use a "plastic" screen protector again until I saw the videos about the Rhino one lol.
    02-06-2017 04:53 PM
    Yep I know there are tempered glass protectors for them, but I was talking about modifying a Rhino protector that can take a much harder impact than the glass ones. I had vowed never to use a "plastic" screen protector again until I saw the videos about the Rhino one lol.
    My apologies. I hear ya. Interesting idea. Wonder if one of the Rhinoshield ones could even be cut down and not shatter?
    02-06-2017 04:54 PM
    Yeah my understanding is that they're not glass, it's a multilayer plastic/etc. material. A really sharp razor blade should hopefully go through it. They do have a glass one now as well, but it's not the same thing. https://rhinoshield.io/products/ipho...nt=25352817729

edit: Here's a video of testing of their protector vs. an unprotected glass screen face.
    blaine07 likes this.
    02-06-2017 05:04 PM
    What gives, any Wetsuit action?
    02-06-2017 05:33 PM
    What gives, any Wetsuit action?
    You don't want to know. Short answer; no.
    02-06-2017 05:36 PM
    And that'll disable email and Tapatalk notifications in addition to calls and texts?
    As far as I know it will disable all notifications except for the device generated ones reminding you to move or when you meet your goal. You can set the move reminders off as well.
    02-06-2017 05:37 PM
    Just the thought of being stuck with a tiny screen protector on my phone scared the hell out of me. I change cases too often to be stuck with an oddball protector on my phone.

I never go without a tempered glass on my screen.

I still think the ZAGG Luxe might work with the NÜÜD but not willing to remove the one I have on now to try it.

Please let me know when you find the perfect fitting glass?

Back to the game......
    Why. Why would you say this?! I just got a Zagg Luxe for my 7 Plus. I've been eyeing a Lifeproof but I'm not willing to ditch this screw protector for it.

Not sure if it would work, the home button is recessed a bit. Not sure if you'd be able to reach it with the LP home button covering.
    02-06-2017 06:28 PM
    Why. Why would you say this?! I just got a Zagg Luxe for my 7 Plus. I've been eyeing a Lifeproof but I'm not willing to ditch this screw protector for it.

Not sure if it would work, the home button is recessed a bit. Not sure if you'd be able to reach it with the LP home button covering.
    Truck always has tempered glass under his Fré Lifeproofs. I think you'll be fine.
    02-06-2017 06:30 PM
    Truck always has tempered glass under his Fré Lifeproofs. I think you'll be fine.
    Stop. Stop. Stopppppp. My wallet does not approve!

I really like the grey Fre! Plus I'm going to the Apple Store next Monday (I had to log on for work last weekend so my boss is comping me a free day off). I'm eyeing up an Otterbox Statement Series case too.
    blaine07 and akutch34 like this.
    02-06-2017 06:32 PM

Yea, the Luxe would work fine with the Fré
    It's the NÜÜD and ZAGG Luxe combo that I would like to know about.
    02-06-2017 06:33 PM
    This thread is killing me... I was doing so well and only buying a few cases. Now I have 4 Apple Leathers, 2 silicones and a few other random cases. Ugh. Oh well. YOLO.
    akutch34 likes this.
    02-06-2017 06:38 PM
    As far as I know it will disable all notifications except for the device generated ones reminding you to move or when you meet your goal. You can set the move reminders off as well.
    Thanks!
    Tpence2177 likes this.
    02-06-2017 07:00 PM
    Almost positive anything around screen seal on Nuud wouldn't work. Fits together so tight where your favorite Silicone bead is I don't think it would work. 🤷🏼*♂️
    02-06-2017 07:15 PM
    This thread is killing me... I was doing so well and only buying a few cases. Now I have 4 Apple Leathers, 2 silicones and a few other random cases. Ugh. Oh well. YOLO.
    Welcome aboard. That's what happens on this crazy ship 'round here We all have a flu like bug and the cure is in the case.
    akutch34 likes this.
    02-06-2017 07:16 PM
    I need a new band...one that matches my case probably...
    I've got bands for sale
    02-06-2017 07:17 PM
    Welcome aboard. That's what happens on this crazy ship 'round here We all have a flu like bug and the cure is in the case.
    No kidding. With my writing reviews it's even more fun. 5 reviews coming in the next couple weeks, and then around 5 more after that. If I can stay awake long enough on this next flight I'll write up one of those reviews.
    blaine07 likes this.
    02-06-2017 07:26 PM
    Catonsville, outside of Baltimore. You?
    Hello from the state below ya!! Lol
    akutch34 likes this.
    02-06-2017 07:40 PM
    Nice area! I'm in Annapolis.
    Hello from the state below ya lol
    02-06-2017 07:40 PM
    Hello from the state below ya lol
    Hello! What part of Virginia?
    akutch34 likes this.
    02-06-2017 07:43 PM
    I've lurked and periodically participated but I'm fully infected now.

Basically I've got quite a few Apple cases, Otterbox Symmetry, Speck Presidio Grip and a Spigen Hybrid Armor. Still looking for "the one."
    blaine07 likes this.
    02-06-2017 07:45 PM
    I've lurked and periodically participated but I'm fully infected now.

Basically I've got quite a few Apple cases, Otterbox Symmetry, Speck Presidio Grip and a Spigen Hybrid Armor. Still looking for "the one."
    If your here looking for "the one" you won't ever find it around here LOL. We're a little indecisive and under the influence of each others arguably poor financial decisions haha.
    02-06-2017 07:55 PM
    Surprisingly haven't changed from the speck presidio since I've put it on my phone. It's held up nicely from a nasty drop as well.
    blaine07 and ladyc0524 like this.
    02-06-2017 07:58 PM
    There are some more reasonable among them though. I haven't bought a new case since my LP. That's 4 total for this. Apple silicon on launch day, OB symmetry for fall protection, and LP black(it was cheap), LP blue (helluva deal). That's really it.
    blaine07 likes this.
    02-06-2017 07:59 PM
9,658 ... 150151152153154 ...