Who plans on getting this phone in the 256GB variant?

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I am getting the 256 GB. I have the 6 Plus 128 GB. Before that I always got the highest GB available. Why?
Because the last thing I need to stress over is running out of space on my phone.

Exactly. Might as well have extra space if needed instead of deleting stuff for the extra space.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I am. I have the 128 gb iPhone 6S Plus and already oinly 13 gb remaining...running out quick!!!!

Goodness! If you don't mind me asking what takes up all that space? I ordered a 128gb and I'm trying to figure out what I can do with the extra space. I still have 20gb left on my 64gb 6S Plus.

aznhomieboi1689

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Goodness! If you don't mind me asking what takes up all that space? I ordered a 128gb and I'm trying to figure out what I can do with the extra space. I still have 20gb left on my 64gb 6S Plus.

My photos&camera ALONE is more than your 64 gb capacity, it's at 69.1 GB. LOL other things: iMessage, Snapchat, and Mostly games..lol

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

Now I don't feel so bad that I have 27.8gb of storage I haven't used of my 64gb.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Didn't Bill Gates said that before nobody will need more than 240K of memory on their computers? ;)

We're talking a phone many won't have but a year, maybe 2. I stand by what I said. There will be quite a few who grab the 256 gb at $100 more and not even use half of it.

arftech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
256GB Jet Black for me. I need the additional space for my hi-res music and saving Tidal HiFi music to my device. This paired with my Oppo HA-2 headphone amp and the Westone UM Pro 50 IEM puts me in music heaven! I'm upgrading from the 6 Plus 128GB variant.

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I didn't think I would need the 256GB, but for only $4 why not? Then when I was ordering it with the Verizon lady, she mentioned that I would no longer need the 25GB for the Verizon Cloud. So, it almost balances itself out. So, Black iPhone 7 Plus 256GB for me it is!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
We're talking a phone many won't have but a year, maybe 2. I stand by what I said. There will be quite a few who grab the 256 gb at $100 more and not even use half of it.

I agree. I'm probably one of those, I simply cannot put up with stress incurred from not having enough storage on my device, silly as it sounds, I make it a point to minimize my stress level everyday. So, you might say I use 100% of my storage space... For stress relief if not storage. ��

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Just curious who is choosing to go with 256GB as an option. Besides having the extra $100 to spend and just having that comfort zone (which is usually what I do), who uses that much space on their iPhone?

I also tend to think that the pictures that the 7 Plus, specifically, is going to take, will take up a lot more additional space for those that do a lot of picture-taking, no?

If I were going to purchase one I would purchase the 256.

sx4dude2013

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have always been super frugal and my past iPhone 6 and now 6s have been 16GB. On my 6 that I had for 10 months I had no issue with space. On my current 6s I have to delete stuff almost daily and I don't have much to begin with. Maybe 25 apps and 40 pics with one 30 sec HD video. I have currently 1.4 GB available so I can upgrade it iOS 10 later this week. After the weekly photo deletes I have been doing the past 3 months I have vowed to never again buy the lowest storage model to save $100. Sometimes spending the $100 and gaining the ability to keep photos and txts with no issues is definitely worth it.

I think 256 is too large for me. However I would have purchased the highest model if the storage levels would have stayed as previous generations have. (16, 64, 128) but this year the middle options was a good balance of money and space :)