Stereo sound?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Interested to "see" umm I mean "hear" this stereo sound now in the iPhone 7. But turning on the ear piece this could give really bad quality or really awesome quality for gaming, video, etc. Let's wait I guess for the reviews.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Interested to "see" umm I mean "hear" this stereo sound now in the iPhone 7. But turning on the ear piece this could give really bad quality or really awesome quality for gaming, video, etc. Let's wait I guess for the reviews.

I'm looking forward to hearing it as well, but I think it'll be more of a plus than a minus.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If Apple has proven anything with sound it's that more speakers is better. My 12.9" iPad Pro can really kick out some sound. It's impressive.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
The iPhone has never really had a very "good" speaker when it comes to quality of sound and volume. Any improvement will be good, and the iPad has really impressed me over the last couple of years with their speaker enhancements on certain models. Maybe Apple learned something in that arena that they were able implement on a smaller scale.

Jinal_JCS

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm really surprised why more phone makers are not putting stereo speakers on phones. With all the media that is being consumed nowadays, it's a no brainer. Now that Apple has finally put it in iPhone, I'm hoping more makers follow.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm really surprised why more phone makers are not putting stereo speakers on phones. With all the media that is being consumed nowadays, it's a no brainer. Now that Apple has finally put it in iPhone, I'm hoping more makers follow.

Apple is actually the one playing catch up in this scenario. HTC, Sony, Motorola and Google have all been making devices with stereo speakers for a while now.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to find pictures of the top of the phone to see where the speaker is situated but can't find any pics anywhere. Have any of you fine folks found any yet please?

It's early days yet but Google has nothing.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've been trying to find pictures of the top of the phone to see where the speaker is situated but can't find any pics anywhere. Have any of you fine folks found any yet please?

It's early days yet but Google has nothing.

There's no speaker grille on the top. The earpiece speaker is just amped up.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
With this, I personally don't expect much especially when HTC attempted this stereo set up as well while using a separate speaker aside from the ear one. Only time will tell.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro