Couragegate

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Not plenty of "additional" options. We now have fewer options that we had before. I think that is the issue people have. Not everyone enjoys bluetooth.

That said, as vocal as I've been against this, I also understand that it isn't changing and that I'll have no choice but to get with the times. Doesn't mean I like it. But I'm not going to pretend like Apple has solved a problem with this change nor am I going to tell people who have issues with this change that Apple has provided them with plenty of options. Because they haven't. Every wireless option available on the 7 series was previously available on our 6 series devices. But there are also now many options that we previously had available that are no longer going to work (unless we use the adaptor) and a use case (listening and charging simultaneously) that is no longer going to work.

The reality that many of you are willfully ignoring is that we all use our devices differently. And when something like this changes, it hurts a very important and vocal group of people. Empathy would go a long way rather than dismissing people's issues like they aren't important just because YOU use your phones differently.

I had empathy until 11 pages in you have the same two or three people vehemently saying anyone who doesnt give a crap is wrong. No we just dont care anymore. You literally have made me hope Apple never puts a 3.5 jack on anything ever again and never offers a dongle and if you do order a phone they forget to package it. This argument however valid to you is becoming stale. You did not lose the ability to use a wired head set with a 3.5 jack they just added another feature which adds a step. End of story.. You HAVE NOT lost the ability to use a wired head set. You are just complaining about having to put a dongle on to the head set to plug in to your phone.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I had empathy until 11 pages in you have the same two or three people vehemently saying anyone who doesnt give a crap is wrong. No we just dont care anymore. You literally have made me hope Apple never puts a 3.5 jack on anything ever again and never offers a dongle and if you do order a phone they forget to package it. This argument however valid to you is becoming stale. You did not lose the ability to use a wired head set with a 3.5 jack they just added another feature which adds a step. End of story.. You HAVE NOT lost the ability to use a wired head set. You are just complaining about having to put a dongle on to the head set to plug in to your phone.

I'm personally not interested in continuing the complaints because nothing is changing. My point is I understand the complaints and I can empathize with them because I share many of them. Our uses vary.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I agree. I hope someone locks this thread. I think theres nothing more that can be said on the issue from anyone. There are no more arguments for or against a 3.5 jack. Its not there. Maybe it will be in the future maybe it wont. A more progressive form of protest? write your senator, write letters to apple, hell make a change.org petition. This is pointless.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Here's an interesting survey. Seems fewer than I had thought are upgrading to the iPhone 7. Folks really are talking with their wallet on the changes.

iPhone 7 Survey Reveals ?Only? 10% of US iPhone Owners Will Upgrade This Year | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource

iPhone 7 Survey Reveals ?Only? 10% of US iPhone Owners Will Upgrade This Year
by Istv?n Fekete on Wednesday, July 20th, 2016 - 7:15am PDT

The iPhone 7 will mostly resemble the iPhone*6s/6 in terms of design, various sources have confirmed, extending Apple?s usual design upgrade cycle to three years, as noted by Nikkei earlier in May. How will this affect Apple?s earnings? Quartz tried to find some answers, and they aren?t too positive ? at least a few months before the official launch.
As Quartz points out, under the current upgrade cycle an average customer buys three new iPhones in six years. If Apple makes the switch to three years, as reported by Nikkei?s sources, citing the lack of smartphone functions the company could add in such a short period of time, it would mean the average customer would only buy two iPhones during the same six-year period. That could negatively affect Apple?s earnings.
Quartz has surveyed 525 iPhone owners and found that many of them likely won?t upgrade if Apple doesn?t release a redesigned iPhone. And, according to the rumour mill, it won?t. The reason: they mostly upgrade on each new iPhone redesign.
When asked whether they would upgrade this year if the iPhone 7 were not redesigned, only 9.3% said they are extremely likely or very likely to upgrade.

Quartz?s result is a bit lower than an earlier Piper Jaffray survey of US iPhone users, which found that roughly 15% would upgrade.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I agree. I hope someone locks this thread. I think theres nothing more that can be said on the issue from anyone. There are no more arguments for or against a 3.5 jack. Its not there. Maybe it will be in the future maybe it wont. A more progressive form of protest? write your senator, write letters to apple, hell make a change.org petition. This is pointless.

Wow, you seem angry. Spirited talk between iPhone users is very good. If you don't want to engage, then feel free to not read this thread.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Wow, you seem angry. Spirited talk between iPhone users is very good. If you don't want to engage, then feel free to not read this thread.

It's not spirited talk. This is just relentless whining. Also that article you posted and the supposed survey were definitely from before the iPhone was even announced.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
*sigh* the only reason I 'tracked' you was because I've been here a long time and had never seen your posts before. Suddenly you're everywhere bemoaning the headphone jack. I got curious and took a look at post history and it's essentially all you post about.

The rest of the post was lulz-worthy and I'm not touching it. Not with a ten foot headphone cord.

Here's what makes your post sound bad, though I'd hope that's not the intention. You don't loose any options. Those that would like to cord it do lose easy and simple options for their needs. The wireless only are not on the losing end, but fight as if they are? Why do you push so hard for winning when things are already are good in that sense? Just to dig the wound deeper? Not very courteous at all. I've nothing against wireless. Use it daily in fact. But when I need to use a device that utilizes the plug, now I have to take additional steps. That's not a plus for me in any sense or reason. Sorry you are so negative in this fashion.

Last edited:

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Here's what makes you sound bad. You don't loose any options. Those that would like to cord it do. You are not on the losing end, but you fight as if you are? Why do you push so hard for winning when you already are in this case? Just to dig the wound deeper? Not very courteous at all. I've nothing against wireless. Use it daily in fact. But when I need to use a device that utilizes the plug, now I have to take additional steps. That's not a plus for me in any sense or reason. Sorry you are so negative to others in this fashion.

My only thing about this, if you don't like something go to something different. Don't keep crying and crying about. The world is built off of change you should try it sometimes. It's a reason  is a billion dollar company and where sitting here on iMore. Try it with a honest shot or leave it alone but crying about it is gonna get you nowhere.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
It's not spirited talk. This is just relentless whining. Also that article you posted and the supposed survey were definitely from before the iPhone was even announced.

Yeah, I'd love to see a current survey. But it is interesting those numbers are so much lower than years before. I'm sure general downward push in the smartphone market as a whole has a factor too.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
My only thing about this, if you don't like something go to something different. Don't keep crying and crying about. The world is built off of change you should try it sometimes. It's a reason  is a billion dollar company and where sitting here on iMore. Try it with a honest shot or leave it alone but crying about it is gonna get you nowhere.

I'm not the only one complaining to Apple about this. And I'd prefer not to switch. I see an avenue for positive change instead of negative. Sitting down and accepting things is not how progress is made. The country in which I live was not made by folks that sat out on forced change...

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm not the only one complaining to Apple about this. And I'd prefer not to switch. I see an avenue for positive change instead of negative. Sitting down and accepting things is not how progress is made. The country in which I live was not made by folks that sat out on forced change...

I'm not saying sit down and take what they are giving you but I am saying it's a difference in voicing your opinion vs. crying and complaining.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm not saying sit down and take what they are giving you but I am saying it's a difference in voicing your opinion vs. crying and complaining.

It's a fine line between "complaining" and taking action, don't you think? Though I do have to say, complaining about the complainers doesn't seem very helpful to anyone. Kinda calling the kettle black.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Here's what makes your post sound bad, though I'd hope that's not the intention. You don't loose any options. Those that would like to cord it do lose easy and simple options for their needs. The wireless only are not on the losing end, but fight as if they are? Why do you push so hard for winning when things are already are good in that sense? Just to dig the wound deeper? Not very courteous at all. I've nothing against wireless. Use it daily in fact. But when I need to use a device that utilizes the plug, now I have to take additional steps. That's not a plus for me in any sense or reason. Sorry you are so negative in this fashion.

It is one extra step. One step. You are blowing this way out of proportion. One step. One time. If you have a pair of head phones or a special audio jack that you use you only need to place the dongle on once. Then leave it there. That's like complaining about plugging a charger in. Or flipping a light switch when you enter a room. That is literally the amount of time in your life you spend plugging in a dongle. It is one second out of your life that you are slightly inconvenienced.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
7da233c8adbc71e20029ed9f7942ed7a.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh