Couragegate

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Waterproof case companies are going to have some work ahead of them to insure their transition from the aux port to a lightning port that didn't need to be water tight before is this time. I agree with many that the removal of Aux to push users to BT was a move on their part as a money grab with beats and their Air Pods that I frank think will be sub par on the audio front. Their stock headphones suck and hardly stay in and lack of wires will be a problem is you are doing anything like running, or working outside they will get lost and you may or may not notice it immediately.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
If you have two viewpoints like we do in this discussion, aren't both sides thinking in terms of themselves? Yes, we are so don't make it seem that those whose viewpoint is contrary to yours is the side that's only thinking in terms of themselves when you know you are doing the same. No one here hates your plight. We understand your disdain for Apple's decision of which you've made perfectly clear. What's becoming annoying is your relentless efforts to keep pushing your point when your point has already been made. We are not Apple. We didn't make the decision to remove the earphone jack, and your disdain will not make the earphone jack reappear on the new iPhone 7 & iPhone 7S. Life will continue without the earphone jack, including yours.

Not exactly. The "Wireless only" side is bashing on the other even though they lose nothing either way. They lose out no matter what at this point. IMHO they have no argument at all in this. The "Wire" side is on the losing end. They lost a good feature that didn't need to go. I don't get why you don't get that. Unless you are being obstinate and pushy like them. Disrespecting those that are losing out. Not a good place for a moderator. You keep pushing back relentlessly too. You are no better, IMHO. And, Life? Really? Is it that deep for you? Is other's loss good for your life? Wow.

Last edited:

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Moderators are just like any other user on this board. They have opinions and are entitled to it. They don't have to take sides nor do they have to agree. Just because you hold a title doesn't mean "they have to act different to please others" I have seen both sides on this discussion.... It maybe time to let it go on both sides because WE can't change anything.

Remember we are talking about a headphone jack that we DO NOT have control over it being gone or did any of us have a influence on why it's gone.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Moderators are just like any other user on this board. They have opinions and are entitled to it. They don't have to take sides nor do they have to agree. Just because you hold a title doesn't mean "they have to act different to please others" I have seen both sides on this discussion.... It maybe time to let it go on both sides because WE can't change anything.

Remember we are talking about a headphone jack that we DO NOT have control over it being gone or did any of us have a influence on why it's gone.

But you do have control over you. You can be and seem to be respectful of others. I feel he is not respectful of me and others here that agree this is a problem for the iPhone and our decision to support this line of smartphones. He has lost nothing. Yet he has used inflammatory words to try to quell a message that I feel does not need to be stopped. Change can be made by action. Thanks for your consideration of this issue, and the support of those that want to let their disdain of this change known.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
We get it...there has never been a change like this ever before and it was silly of Apple to make this change because some people wouldn't like it. How could this company ever make a change that would ruin so many lives?! How could they? What would make them think this is ok when there are a hundred different smartphones out there that I could choose from? How can they make me choose what works for me? I want to spend my money with them but this change is just over the top! I can't deal with it!

We get it!!!

Anyone have Tim Cook's number? I want to send him an iMessage!

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have Tim Cook's number? I want to send him an iMessage!

LOL. Good post. Let me know if you come across his number, I'll help out. :)

It was noise like this that made Apple finally make a "Plus" size phone by the way.... Think of it that way. (also noise that brought back the smaller SE version. Apple can be convinced to change course.)

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
firstborn80. Your post made me think more. (PS, I get the sarcasm) People did complain when the 6 and 6 plus originally came out. Barely a few though, but some understood their rant on losing a much smaller phone like the 5 series. Not everyone needs a bigger screen. Apple did reverse their course and re-introduced the SE model with the same screen size as before, but based on mostly upgraded parts that also adorned the 6s at the time.

Apple can be convinced to change course. I'm 100% sure of that. Will they do that here? Only the noise will matter. Thanks to the iMore team for allowing that to be voiced here by me and others.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Apple had the larger version of iPhone created before people wanted it, trust me.... That are 3+ years ahead of what comes next.

To your above reply. People that do not agree with others, WILL always take any reply as negative. That it as you want, trust me I have seen it before on all the forums. I have been around since 2007 and seen different companies take different avenues in positive and negative directions.. It happens...... But nobody is going after YOU. they are giving you a general statement on their OWN view as well. It should be respected both ways wether you agree or if you do not. If you choose to move to another device, thats cool as well, what ever works for you and you only.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Not exactly. The "Wireless only" side is bashing on the other even though they lose nothing either way. They lose out no matter what at this point. IMHO they have no argument at all in this. The "Wire" side is on the losing end. They lost a good feature that didn't need to go. I don't get why you don't get that. Unless you are being obstinate and pushy like them. Disrespecting those that are losing out. Not a good place for a moderator. You keep pushing back relentlessly too. You are no better, IMHO. And, Life? Really? Is it that deep for you? Is other's loss good for your life? Wow.

With technology evolving, the wired side had already started losing. Apple just gave the ultimate push for other manufacturers to do the same and go wireless. Nobody can predict what HTC, Samsung, BlackBerry, Nokia and all the other manufacturers are gonna do in the next two years in regard to the headphone jack. Apple will be mentioned as the frontier of this movement, that is for sure.

See it as the big brother giving a jammed door a nudge so the little boy can go through. Apple is the big brother and the rest are his little brothers in this scenario.

Make no mistake, convulsively hanging on to the 3.5mm jack must not be considered as listening to your customers but rather as hindering evolution.

What might seem as a loss now, will be hailed as a success sooner than later than you think.

Last edited:

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
LOL. Good post. Let me know if you come across his number, I'll help out. :)

It was noise like this that made Apple finally make a "Plus" size phone by the way.... Think of it that way.

I was being facetious. I'm not looking for Tim Cook's number or any assistance in obtaining it.

Actually I've already figured out a workaround for no 3.5 jack. I only listen to music or whatever and charge my phone when I'm sitting at my desk at work, so I'll just buy a dock and plug my existing EarPods in that. It'll stay on my desk. Hey I can afford a $900 phone so spending another $40/50 on a dock won't kill me. Problem solved for me!

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
With technology evolving, the wired side had already started to lose. Apple just gave the ultimate push for other manufacturers to do the same and go wireless. Nobody can predict what HTC, Samsung, BlackBerry, Nokia and all the other manufacturers are gonna do in the next two years in regard to the headphone jack. Apple will be mentioned as the frontier of this movement, that is for sure.

See it as the big brother giving a jammed door a nudge so the little boy can go through. Apple is the big brother and the rest are his little brothers in this scenario.

Make no mistake, convulsively hanging on to the 3.5mm jack must not be considered as listening to your customers but rather as hindering evolution.

What might seem as a loss now, will be hailed as a success sooner than later than you think.

Evolution sometimes kills of a species off by the way... :)

WiFi's been around for a long time. Why do so many non-mobile devices still contain an RJ-45 port? Because not everyone needs or uses WiFi in every situation. A better wired connection would be a considerable choice for Apple, but instead they removed it completely without consideration for a proper equal and better replacement. All attempts they provided so far are more cumbersome and more difficult to obtain and maintain. Bluetooth has evolved quite a bit, and will continue to do so which is great. I'm still surprised AirPlay didn't take off farther than it did, providing a better solution to connectivity to playback devices with fewer problems and difficulties. But it seems that is dying somewhat, or at the best just stagnating in the market.

If there was a better non-battery requiring, high maintenance connectivity solution already in play with wide acceptance, then the removal of this jack would be more acceptable. Like other "old technology" removals of past that this has been compared to. They all had exceptional replacements in higher use than the components they replaced. The analog audio jack has no replacement of the same quality and ease of use available as of yet and remains in high use for audio and other purposes. Wireless is not the perfect solution for the masses as a whole. Neither are gimpy solutions with adapters that will confuse and be problematic. When wireless works, and it does for many, it's awesome. But beyond sound, there are so many uses for wired connectivity, it's not subject for removal without problems. Even the most simple computers, like the Raspberry Pi, as analog ports and jacks and pins are there to use for things that just don't work well any other way. Apple took a chance, no doubt. From my rants, here and from so many other blogs, videos, posts and even highly regarded evening news agencies, it is obvious this was a bad move. Apple will either succumb to the noise, or build a strong reason for the iOS platform to subside as a viable choice in the market. I fear the latter, and hope it will not happen.

Murpheee

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
My issue is that I use my phone as my GPS unit in my car, and I connect it to the car's speakers through a 3.5mm to 3.5mm plug. I also charge it through the lightning connector to the 12v socket as Waze sucks a lot of juice from my phone. My car is not equipped with Bluetooth or wireless speakers, so those options are useless for me in this situation.

I don't think an adapter can cope with both of those but I would dearly love to be proved wrong, of course.

In my car, if a manufacturer does produce a suitable adapter, it would be fine as that can permanently stay in situ. Whilst walking about though, an adapter is just another thing to get lost, so i'm less pleased.

Honestly, switching from 3.5mm jack to lightning, I doubt the audio fidelity will be increased enough for the average listener to notice any actual difference... I expect one leading reason for jack removal is to reclaim space inside the case.

Over the coming weeks, I shall keep my ears open for any news of an adapter that will allow me to charge my phone and also let me use a 3.5mm jack. If none is forthcoming, I shall switch my phone to Android and go on my merry way.

As I have said many times on here, I swear no allegiance to any manufacturer. I am neither an iSheep nor a Fandroid and will use whichever phone best suits my requirements. It may be that my love affair with the iPhone is at an end.

Time will tell.

There is an adapter to charge AND have the 3.5mm jack option. It was featured on imore (not this forum but the imore news app) I will look for it and post it here. It looks similar to the lighting to HDMI adapter but it is for charging and using the 3.5mm jack simultaneously.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
A better wired connection would be a considerable choice for Apple, but instead they removed it completely without consideration for a proper equal and better replacement.

The better replacement has already been there since the iPhone 5, namely the lightning port.
If you meant an universal replacement, that's another battle to be fought.

Murpheee

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Here is a charge/listen simultaneously option. I saw one with the 3.5mm jack as well
7a01cce8aea099183e2e5ed8412019b1.jpg

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
This thread reminded me of an old Eminem song. I have modified the lyrics slightly.
I apologize in advance for the profanity.
My final $.02 on this matter are two hashtags - #JackOff and #firstworlproblems!

Without Me - Eminem

Guess who's back
Back again
Dongle's back
Tell a friend
Guess who's back, guess who's back....

I've created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to
see Audio Jack no more they want Lightning I'm chopped liver
well if you want Lightning, this is what I'll give ya
a little bit of weed mixed with some hard liquor
some vodka that'll jumpstart my heart quicker than a
shock when I get shocked at the hospital by the doctor when I'm not cooperating
when I'm rocking the table while he's operating (hey!)
you waited this long now stop debating 'cause I'm back,
I'm on the rag and ovulating
I know that you got a job Ms. Cheney but your husband's heart problem's complicating
So the FCC won't let me be or let me be me so let me see
they tried to shut me down on MTV but it feels so empty without me
So come on dip, bum on your lips **** that,
*** on your lips and some on your tits and get ready 'cause this ****'s about to get heavy
I just settled all my lawsuits ****
YOU APPLE!

Now this looks like a job for me so everybody just follow me
'Cause we need a little controversy,
'Cause it feels so empty without me.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
But you do have control over you. You can be and seem to be respectful of others. I feel he is not respectful of me and others here that agree this is a problem for the iPhone and our decision to support this line of smartphones. He has lost nothing. Yet he has used inflammatory words to try to quell a message that I feel does not need to be stopped. Change can be made by action. Thanks for your consideration of this issue, and the support of those that want to let their disdain of this change known.

I think what you're missing is that no one is arguing you can't say your opinion - but I just counted and you have 80 posts and 72 OF THEM ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE JACK. There comes a point where it becomes nuisance posts. If you were posting hyperlinks it would be considered spamming the board.

And for the record, I don't give a flying fig about no headphone jack. I don't own wireless headphones. I won't be buying any. I can honestly tell you I don't consider the adapter an inconvenience. I'll just leave it attached to my buds. I can't remember ever using buds while charging.

You need to respect that others are just sick of the fact that 90% of your posts are about something we got after the first 5 posts - you hate that they dropped the aux jack and you won't be buying one.

Got it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox