Couragegate

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I know what you're trying to say and I completely get it. But it's called innovation. They're trying to change something that has been with us for years and replace it with something new and fresh. This is what they did with Apple Pay. They are trying to get rid of those plastic cards that we always carry around and they are gonna get it because Apple is a BIG company you know. What about the cars? It's not because it works, yes it is but in the other hand it's because no one had a genius idea to replace the actual wheels. Did someone? I don't know. If so tell me because I'm late on this.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I know what you're trying to say and I completely get it. But it's called innovation. They're trying to change something that has been with us for years and replace it with something new and fresh. This is what they did with Apple Pay. They are trying to get rid of those plastic cards that we always carry around and they are gonna get it because Apple is a BIG company you know. What about the cars? It's not because it works, yes it is but in the other hand it's because no one had a genius idea to replace the actual wheels. Did someone? I don't know. If so tell me because I'm late on this.
It would be innovation only if they brought something better to the table. Instead, they brought "courage" and asked others to innovate. No, Apple just demonstrated that they are completely out of ideas. Quite the opposite of innovation.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
But what you won't be able to do is listen via wire and charge at the same time.
I don't care! I don't listen to music and charge the device at the same time now so there won't be an adjustment for me to make.
Plus you'll need additional equipment to do that, making it less convenient and more troublesome.
No I will not.
Plus, it could reduce quality.
"Could" is not the same as "will".
I like options, very much. I dislike, as many do, when options are taken away. That's what Apple did.
I remember when I could drive up to a gas station and have the attendant pump my gas, check the oil level and wipe my windshield clean. I "disliked" the transition from full service to self service. Now, I understand how much better self service is and I appreciate the transition. Change is inevitable, whether we like it or not.
To a line of phones I very much liked. That's not the move of a premium device.
You're right. It's not. It's the move of a billion dollar company who happens to sell the most acclaimed smartphone in all the world. Anyway, you're clearly not open to accepting a disagreeing viewpoint so with that I'll say, "have a good evening"...

Last edited:

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
They also missed out on Wireless Charging. Where's that? They added stuff nobody really asked for specifically, seriously, who asked for a new proprietary wireless audio device and who asked for dual cameras? Yet, they missed or deleted stuff some folks did specifically ask for.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
You're right. It's not. It's the move of a billion dollar company who happens to sell the most acclaimed smartphone in all the world. Anyway, you're clearly not open to accepting an disagreeing viewpoint so with that I'll say, "have a good evening"...

You have a good evening too. Thanks for your input.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
You know apple isn't the first one to do this right ? There are a couple of android devices that removed headphone jack. Time to move on bro

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
You know apple isn't the first one to do this right ? There are a couple of android devices that removed headphone jack. Time to move on bro
I heard they're doing really well too. Moto Z has just been killing it.

Edit: Android has a sea of devices. If you don't like Android A you get Android B. Just like that, majority gave the Moto Z the middle finger like everyone expected they would and went with oh-well-any-other-choice. With Apple its bang or bust. You either accept the change or abandon ship. Since I firmly believe that Apple needs a shake-up, I'm hoping that this will be the catalyst. The company has gone a bit out of control as of late and completely lost touch with its roots.

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I had a busy morning so for the first time in ages, I missed the keynote. I followed up on it a few minutes ago, took me a while to get through the presentation. Here are my thoughts related to the topic in this thread.

1. Dongle provided by Apple looks terrible - a couple of Apple reviewers who are big Apple product fans said so as well. The Chinese vendors are going to have a bonanza making these and variants thereof.
2. Charging and playing audio in an older car without an aux jack is going to be interesting. Both my cars do not have an aux jack or BT. The playing music part can be sorted out via the dongle but charging and playing music is going to be an issue. And I am not going to run out and purchase a far more expensive item so that I can listen to music via BT using the newer iPhone.
3. Air Pods for $159? No thanks. 5 hours on a single charge ergo you are out of luck on a flight from LA to Miami or for that matter any transoceanic flight. Definitely a fail especially for the price. Just because it uses a proprietary pairing standard doesn't mean the Air Pods get a free pass.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Apple is GIVING AWAY adapters with the iPhone7... Sheesh...

It ruins the simplicity of just plugging the headphones into a built in port. I know that I wouldn't be the only one that wouldn't able to listen to music just because I forgot my dongle somewhere...

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Apple is also providing lightning earbuds... and other accessory makers will make devices with lighting connectors... frankly I think you're getting all wee-wee'd up over something that isn't going to change no matter how loudly you complain.

That's why I'm not getting one... Everyone still has the right to criticize them though seeing as this is a public forum.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I had a busy morning so for the first time in ages, I missed the keynote. I followed up on it a few minutes ago, took me a while to get through the presentation. Here are my thoughts related to the topic in this thread.

1. Dongle provided by Apple looks terrible - a couple of Apple reviewers who are big Apple product fans said so as well. The Chinese vendors are going to have a bonanza making these and variants thereof.
2. Charging and playing audio in an older car without an aux jack is going to be interesting. Both my cars do not have an aux jack or BT. The playing music part can be sorted out via the dongle but charging and playing music is going to be an issue. And I am not going to run out and purchase a far more expensive item so that I can listen to music via BT using the newer iPhone.
3. Air Pods for $159? No thanks. 5 hours on a single charge ergo you are out of luck on a flight from LA to Miami or for that matter any transoceanic flight. Definitely a fail especially for the price. Just because it uses a proprietary pairing standard doesn't mean the Air Pods get a free pass.

Yep, I completely agree with your post. I haven't seen the dongle to comment on it, but I'll check Google for that. Otherwise, exactly. I guess for the interim, the iPhone SE will be the last new one of those (iPhones) for me.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Me, too. I disagree. Not only did Apple give you a way to continue using your corded headphones, it also gave those of us who are interested in the new AirPods a chance to experience them. Oil has been used for thousands of years and yet, some people are trying to force us to use something else.
I suppose you won't be buying another iPhone then because we've seen the end of the analog earphone jack on the iPhone for the foreseeable future.

Oil is damaging the environment, headphone jacks are not. The AirPods can work with any iPhone starting from the 5, so I don't see your point of Apple letting us try them by removing the headphone jack. I also don't see why people will buy $160 bluetooth earbuds that can just fall out of their ears and be lost within seconds.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2