Couragegate

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I love the new wireless audio options on the iPhone 7. However, removing the audio jack was not courageous. It was stupid and greedy of Apple to try to change the World to their narrow vision in this manor. You know, the wheel was invented centuries ago, but cars still use it. Know why? Because it works. I've used smart phones with dongles for audio jacks before, and those stink. Looks like I'll be saving money this year and waiting for Apple to come to their senses on the 7s.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah i get that 100%. I'm not one that ever really uses my headphones. Maybe like once a month if that to be honest. It's pretty rare. I'm not going to miss them much personally

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been wireless for the last 18-24 months, so it doesn't bother me. But I know multiple people who feel the same as you. I do believe that wireless is the way things are headed, so perhaps they're just ahead of the curve removing the jack?

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Disagree. And I bet others will soon follow suit. Someone eventually had to do it.

Follow with what? Bluetooth? We all know how buggy and problematic that is. Plus, great, another thing to charge. Smartphones have had dongles before, and that idea failed a long time ago. They were hated, and the original iPhone actually touted it had a true audio jack (if you remember that...) Steve Jobs would never have allowed this. It's a dumb greedy move on Apple.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Apple is GIVING AWAY adapters with the iPhone7... Sheesh...

They are giving away 1 adapter. It will get lost, due to it's small size. Then how much to replace? Adapters were used before on older Smartphones before the iPhone, they had dongles. They were hated then, and will be hated now.
- more expense. (P.S. the iPhone 7 Plus went up $20!!!)
- more connections
- more lost items
- less operability.
= not good.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apple is also providing lightning earbuds... and other accessory makers will make devices with lighting connectors... frankly I think you're getting all wee-wee'd up over something that isn't going to change no matter how loudly you complain.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's not a secret that they want to be more proprietary than ever before. We can either complain which will do nothing or just speak with your wallet and not buy their products. Just pick one of the two and live your life.

j_squared

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Apple's done this before, and will continue to do it to move the industry forward. I've been using Bluetooth headphones for a few years now, and have several unopened earpods in a drawer somewhere.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Follow with what? Bluetooth? We all know how buggy and problematic that is. Plus, great, another thing to charge. Smartphones have had dongles before, and that idea failed a long time ago. They were hated, and the original iPhone actually touted it had a true audio jack (if you remember that...) Steve Jobs would never have allowed this. It's a dumb greedy move on Apple.

Follow with removing the port too. Sorry but I don't see it as greedy. People said the same kind of stuff when floppy drives and CD drives were slowly taken away. Like it or not, it's on the way out. BT is only getting better. Wireless world we're headed toward.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
They are giving away 1 adapter. It will get lost, due to it's small size. Then how much to replace? Adapters were used before on older Smartphones before the iPhone, they had dongles. They were hated then, and will be hated now.
- more expense. (P.S. the iPhone 7 Plus went up $20!!!)
- more connections
- more lost items
- less operability.
= not good.

Replacement/extra lightning to headphone adapters sell for $9...

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
For those that don't care, there is no reason to be arrogant or disrespectful of those that want options. For those that would still love to more easily use an expensive set of headphones for better audio quality. Or, to be able to have phone conversations or record memos without the need to worry about what the battery life is on a pair of Bluetooth or the new wireless ear buds. We, have had our options reduced. Yes, this is something to get worked up about. This argument was loud and strong before on smartphones before the iPhone that didn't have audio jacks. And, it once again needs to be loud and strong.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
For those that don't care, there is no reason to be arrogant or disrespectful of those that want options. For those that would still love to more easily use an expensive set of headphones for better audio quality. Or, to be able to have phone conversations or record memos without the need to worry about what the battery life is on a pair of Bluetooth or the new wireless ear buds. We, have had our options reduced. Yes, this is something to get worked up about. This argument was loud and strong before on smartphones before the iPhone that didn't have audio jacks. And, it once again needs to be loud and strong.
Be loud and strong. Nothing's going to change and I'm sure Apple could care less.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Disagreeing with you makes me arrogant and disrespectful... Noted. smh... Don't buy an iPhone 7. That will show Apple how serious you are... Problems you perceive gone...

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Disagreeing with you makes me arrogant and disrespectful... Noted. smh... Don't buy an iPhone 7. That will show Apple how serious you are... Problems you perceive gone...

Not getting one, I believe that's obvious. I respect you don't agree. Complacency is evil though. I'll not be quiet and I see a lot of others that are the same on this subject.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro