The sheer amount of times I have put my earbuds in, put my phone down and then walked away and had either my phone fall on the floor or the earbuds ripped from my ears, is staggering.

Wireless/Bluetooth earbuds will be a great upgrade but honestly there is absolutely no way I am ever going to pay $159 for them. Not a chance. I will find a third party solution that does the same thing at a fraction of the cost. It may take time for those to appear but I am not in any rush to go out and buy some anyway.
    Great news is that Apple just gave third party accessory makers a nudge forward in offering affordable Bluetooth headsets when they removed the headphone jack and announced the AirPods. I'm certain we'll start seeing a lot of new products popping up.
    DarlaMack likes this.
    09-11-2016 06:47 AM
    Good read. Please take some time to look over it, let it sink in, and last be open minded.
    That hockey analogy was from Wayne Gretzky... but heavily used in business and no surprise Steve used it as well
    Rob Phillips and DarlaMack like this.
    09-11-2016 06:48 AM
    150 isn't bad considering I paid 180 when the Jay bird blu buds were announced a few years ago. Been using them ever since I bought them and love them.
    09-11-2016 08:33 AM
    Selling more iPhones will always be in Apple's best interests.
    You're absolutely right!
    09-11-2016 09:00 AM
    Not exactly.
    Not exactly? C'mon. It is exactly the same thing.
    The "Wireless only" side is bashing on the other even though they lose nothing either way.
    Bashing? The "other side" is merely stating that

A) They understand that some people are upset about the removal of the headphone jack.
    B) They are not affected by its removal because they can still use their current headphones & earpieces with the new iPhone devices.
    C) The removal of the earphone jack is a done deal.

That is not "bashing".
    They lose out no matter what at this point.
    "They" are not losing out on anything "at this point".
    IMHO they have no argument at all in this.
    This is not a courtroom, and there is no argument to be made. You created this thread to discuss your disdain for the removal of the earphone jack. Well, a discussion has taken place. Did you expect to only get feedback from those who feel the same as you do? If so, that's was a mistake on your part.
    The "Wire" side is on the losing end. They lost a good feature that didn't need to go. I don't get why you don't get that.
    Therein lies the problem. The "wire side" is not on the losing end, unless, of course, you're specifically referring to the removal of the earphone jack in and of itself. Both the "wire" and "wireless" sides did not lose the ability to listen to audio via wire or wireless and that is a fact and that fact is indisputable, and I don't see why "you" don't get that!
    Unless you are being obstinate and pushy like them. Disrespecting those that are losing out.
    If you've been here for a while then you'd know that I'm not like that, but I also don't shy away from stating my opinion, especially when asked.
    Not a good place for a moderator. You keep pushing back relentlessly too. orb that to You are no better, IMHO. And, Life? Really? Is it that deep for you? Is other's loss good for your life? Wow.
    Because of my inability to be swayed by your deep concern over Apple's decision to remove the earphone jack as well as my attempts to explain to you, as clear as day, that although I understand your disdain, it's the not the end of the world as we know it, I will cease from participating in this conversation. Take care...
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 09-11-2016 at 12:17 PM.
    09-11-2016 09:16 AM
    So you're tracking me? That's creepy.

Yeah, you should stop being so creepy and posting on a thread you don't care about, and stalking people. A "nuisance post" is usually one that continue to berate the original thread topic, BTW. Manners.

It's my thread, I started it, I will defend it. Get that.
    *sigh* the only reason I 'tracked' you was because I've been here a long time and had never seen your posts before. Suddenly you're everywhere bemoaning the headphone jack. I got curious and took a look at post history and it's essentially all you post about.

The rest of the post was lulz-worthy and I'm not touching it. Not with a ten foot headphone cord.
    09-11-2016 10:31 AM
    I have a Moto Z Force and it does not have a headphone jack. They include a USB C to 1/8" TRS adapter and it works perfectly. TBH I don't see what all the fuss is about. The standard Moto Z is even thinner and it could not be made so thin with that jack. Having the adapter and the requirement of using another adapter to be able to charge and listen at the same time is a shortcoming, but people will adapt. Remember when the 5 came out and they introduced the lightning connector and it made all the charging cables and docks obsolete? That has been more or less forgotten already.

Apple is not the first to do this and the trend will eventually settle in to other devices.
    09-11-2016 05:15 PM
    Here is a charge/listen simultaneously option. I saw one with the 3.5mm jack as wellhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...d8412019b1.jpg
    I hope they come out with a black version to match the black iphone 7!
    09-11-2016 05:18 PM
    I've been wanting them to do that with the chargers for years... *le sigh*
    09-12-2016 10:29 AM
    You have plenty of options.
    Not plenty of "additional" options. We now have fewer options that we had before. I think that is the issue people have. Not everyone enjoys bluetooth.

That said, as vocal as I've been against this, I also understand that it isn't changing and that I'll have no choice but to get with the times. Doesn't mean I like it. But I'm not going to pretend like Apple has solved a problem with this change nor am I going to tell people who have issues with this change that Apple has provided them with plenty of options. Because they haven't. Every wireless option available on the 7 series was previously available on our 6 series devices. But there are also now many options that we previously had available that are no longer going to work (unless we use the adaptor) and a use case (listening and charging simultaneously) that is no longer going to work.

The reality that many of you are willfully ignoring is that we all use our devices differently. And when something like this changes, it hurts a very important and vocal group of people. Empathy would go a long way rather than dismissing people's issues like they aren't important just because YOU use your phones differently.
    09-12-2016 10:58 AM
    Not plenty of "additional" options. We now have fewer options that we had before. I think that is the issue people have. Not everyone enjoys bluetooth.
    I guess I should have been more clear and said plenty of options outside of Apple.
    09-12-2016 11:57 AM
    Empathy would go a long way rather than dismissing people's issues like they aren't important just because YOU use your phones differently.
    That's a two way street...
    09-12-2016 12:52 PM
    If you have no issues with the headphone jack removal you have no issues for one to be empathetic towards.
    09-12-2016 12:57 PM

That said, as vocal as I've been against this, I also understand that it isn't changing and that I'll have no choice but to get with the times. Doesn't mean I like it. But I'm not going to pretend like Apple has solved a problem with this change nor am I going to tell people who have issues with this change that Apple has provided them with plenty of options. Because they haven't. Every wireless option available on the 7 series was previously available on our 6 series devices. But there are also now many options that we previously had available that are no longer going to work (unless we use the adaptor) and a use case (listening and charging simultaneously) that is no longer going to work.

The reality that many of you are willfully ignoring is that we all use our devices differently. And when something like this changes, it hurts a very important and vocal group of people. Empathy would go a long way rather than dismissing people's issues like they aren't important just because YOU use your phones differently.
    I had empathy until 11 pages in you have the same two or three people vehemently saying anyone who doesnt give a crap is wrong. No we just dont care anymore. You literally have made me hope Apple never puts a 3.5 jack on anything ever again and never offers a dongle and if you do order a phone they forget to package it. This argument however valid to you is becoming stale. You did not lose the ability to use a wired head set with a 3.5 jack they just added another feature which adds a step. End of story.. You HAVE NOT lost the ability to use a wired head set. You are just complaining about having to put a dongle on to the head set to plug in to your phone.
    09-12-2016 12:59 PM
    It's amazing the lengths people go to plead their case that their issue is the much more important one over yours, therefore have some empathy for them.
    kch50428 and robertk328 like this.
    09-12-2016 01:03 PM
    I had empathy until 11 pages in you have the same two or three people vehemently saying anyone who doesnt give a crap is wrong. No we just dont care anymore. You literally have made me hope Apple never puts a 3.5 jack on anything ever again and never offers a dongle and if you do order a phone they forget to package it. This argument however valid to you is becoming stale. You did not lose the ability to use a wired head set with a 3.5 jack they just added another feature which adds a step. End of story.. You HAVE NOT lost the ability to use a wired head set. You are just complaining about having to put a dongle on to the head set to plug in to your phone.
    I'm personally not interested in continuing the complaints because nothing is changing. My point is I understand the complaints and I can empathize with them because I share many of them. Our uses vary.
    09-12-2016 01:08 PM
    I agree. I hope someone locks this thread. I think theres nothing more that can be said on the issue from anyone. There are no more arguments for or against a 3.5 jack. Its not there. Maybe it will be in the future maybe it wont. A more progressive form of protest? write your senator, write letters to apple, hell make a change.org petition. This is pointless.
    Just_Me_D and Tartarus like this.
    09-12-2016 01:14 PM
    Just_Me_D I could care less if you are "swayed" or not. But you seem determined to change my mind. Why is that?
    09-13-2016 07:02 AM
    Here's an interesting survey. Seems fewer than I had thought are upgrading to the iPhone 7. Folks really are talking with their wallet on the changes.

iPhone 7 Survey Reveals ?Only? 10% of US iPhone Owners Will Upgrade This Year | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource

iPhone 7 Survey Reveals Only 10% of US iPhone Owners Will Upgrade This Year
    by Istvn Fekete on Wednesday, July 20th, 2016 - 7:15am PDT

The iPhone 7 will mostly resemble the iPhone*6s/6 in terms of design, various sources have confirmed, extending Apples usual design upgrade cycle to three years, as noted by Nikkei earlier in May. How will this affect Apples earnings? Quartz tried to find some answers, and they arent too positive at least a few months before the official launch.
    As Quartz points out, under the current upgrade cycle an average customer buys three new iPhones in six years. If Apple makes the switch to three years, as reported by Nikkeis sources, citing the lack of smartphone functions the company could add in such a short period of time, it would mean the average customer would only buy two iPhones during the same six-year period. That could negatively affect Apples earnings.
    Quartz has surveyed 525 iPhone owners and found that many of them likely wont upgrade if Apple doesnt release a redesigned iPhone. And, according to the rumour mill, it wont. The reason: they mostly upgrade on each new iPhone redesign.
    When asked whether they would upgrade this year if the iPhone 7 were not redesigned, only 9.3% said they are extremely likely or very likely to upgrade.

Quartzs result is a bit lower than an earlier Piper Jaffray survey of US iPhone users, which found that roughly 15% would upgrade.
    09-13-2016 07:03 AM
    I agree. I hope someone locks this thread. I think theres nothing more that can be said on the issue from anyone. There are no more arguments for or against a 3.5 jack. Its not there. Maybe it will be in the future maybe it wont. A more progressive form of protest? write your senator, write letters to apple, hell make a change.org petition. This is pointless.
    Wow, you seem angry. Spirited talk between iPhone users is very good. If you don't want to engage, then feel free to not read this thread.
    09-13-2016 07:05 AM
    Wow, you seem angry. Spirited talk between iPhone users is very good. If you don't want to engage, then feel free to not read this thread.
    It's not spirited talk. This is just relentless whining. Also that article you posted and the supposed survey were definitely from before the iPhone was even announced.
    robertk328 likes this.
    09-13-2016 07:08 AM
    *sigh* the only reason I 'tracked' you was because I've been here a long time and had never seen your posts before. Suddenly you're everywhere bemoaning the headphone jack. I got curious and took a look at post history and it's essentially all you post about.

The rest of the post was lulz-worthy and I'm not touching it. Not with a ten foot headphone cord.
    Here's what makes your post sound bad, though I'd hope that's not the intention. You don't loose any options. Those that would like to cord it do lose easy and simple options for their needs. The wireless only are not on the losing end, but fight as if they are? Why do you push so hard for winning when things are already are good in that sense? Just to dig the wound deeper? Not very courteous at all. I've nothing against wireless. Use it daily in fact. But when I need to use a device that utilizes the plug, now I have to take additional steps. That's not a plus for me in any sense or reason. Sorry you are so negative in this fashion.
    Last edited by Nargg; 09-13-2016 at 07:41 AM.
    09-13-2016 07:09 AM
    Here's what makes you sound bad. You don't loose any options. Those that would like to cord it do. You are not on the losing end, but you fight as if you are? Why do you push so hard for winning when you already are in this case? Just to dig the wound deeper? Not very courteous at all. I've nothing against wireless. Use it daily in fact. But when I need to use a device that utilizes the plug, now I have to take additional steps. That's not a plus for me in any sense or reason. Sorry you are so negative to others in this fashion.
    My only thing about this, if you don't like something go to something different. Don't keep crying and crying about. The world is built off of change you should try it sometimes. It's a reason  is a billion dollar company and where sitting here on iMore. Try it with a honest shot or leave it alone but crying about it is gonna get you nowhere.
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-13-2016 07:31 AM
    It's not spirited talk. This is just relentless whining. Also that article you posted and the supposed survey were definitely from before the iPhone was even announced.
    Yeah, I'd love to see a current survey. But it is interesting those numbers are so much lower than years before. I'm sure general downward push in the smartphone market as a whole has a factor too.
    09-13-2016 07:42 AM
    My only thing about this, if you don't like something go to something different. Don't keep crying and crying about. The world is built off of change you should try it sometimes. It's a reason  is a billion dollar company and where sitting here on iMore. Try it with a honest shot or leave it alone but crying about it is gonna get you nowhere.
    I'm not the only one complaining to Apple about this. And I'd prefer not to switch. I see an avenue for positive change instead of negative. Sitting down and accepting things is not how progress is made. The country in which I live was not made by folks that sat out on forced change...
    09-13-2016 07:44 AM
333 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD