Couragegate

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
My issue about the audio jack is I have two cars that rely on being able to use the headphone jack and charge the device at the same time. They are older cars so no BT. I am not about to go out and buy new cars so that I can do this fairly simple and basic task.

I spent like $50 a couple of years ago on a bluetooth system for my car, a 2008 Tahoe that was only equipped with the AUX jack. Honestly it doesn't take much to get bluetooth in older cars right now.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I think the demand for the 7 (except for that Jet Black version) has cooled tremendously compared to the 6 and even the 6s. When my wife and I pre-ordered our 6 Pluses on pre-order day in 2014, it was like 6:00 P.M. by the time we made it to the Verizon store. We were porting our numbers from AT&T, so I wanted to do it at the store. That late in the day, orders were already backed out to late October early November. I just checked on Verizon's website in regards to the 7, and even now, at 2:30 in the afternoon (Central Time), I can still get one shipped to me by the end of September.

I think the removal of the headphone jack has left a bad taste in people's mouths and it's going to take a while to recover. Not saying the 7 isn't selling well. Because it is, I am sure. I just think its demand is not on par with the 6.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
The 6 was a new design factor from previous thus more people ordering... The 6 to the 7 by looks is not different besides internal and a few outside merits... Just .02

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
The 6 was a new design factor from previous thus more people ordering... The 6 to the 7 by looks is not different besides internal and a few outside merits... Just .02
That is true. Perhaps next year's 10 year anniversary iPhone will be the real scramble to buy.

Kind of wish I was like Rene and got every new Apple phone and device regardless. Haha!

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Well, my wife and I voted with my wallets and decided not to support Apple's latest shenanigans. The removal of the headphone jack was a deal breaker for my wife, and to some degree me as well. Considering that there is nothing special about my wife that would cause her to vote this way (she's not an audiophile like me), I can see many more people feeling the same way.

I'm sticking to my iPhone 6s Plus and Note 7 (post replacement).

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
What's the advantage of removing to jack?

It's advantageous to take the bad press now than to let it overshadow a major redesign in the next couple of years.

At some point, Apple will truly utilize the space freed up by the removal of the headphone jack, but that's it.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Look back to when Apple quit floppy drives... Same thing here. Get over it. Move on. Apple has... to keep the audio jack around just "because it's always been done this way" is foolhardy.

Far from the same thing. There was better replacements for the floppy, and the floppy was NOT being used any more. The jack is, and continues to be used, else they wouldn't provide an excuse for a replacement in a dongle. Did Apple provide "Dongle floppies?"

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
For those of you saying you won't be able to use the AirPods on long flights are obviously forgetting they come in a case that charges the airpods for up to 24 hours before itself needs to be charged. So theoretically you use the AirPods for 5 hours then they die put them into the charging case and a 15 min charge is supposed to give you 3 hours of extra use. So bam 8 hours or more if you charge them longer.

For the whole flight. You'd have to wait for them to recharge in the case before you can use them again. It's not instant. Wow. You even went there?

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm confident by that time most people won't have any 3.5mm jack headphones laying around.

I know for sure I will buy a decent headphone with lightning plug.

Not likely at all. the Lightning plug is a proprietary plug. Apple only. 3.5mm jack is an open standard free for any company to use. Doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to figure that one out.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For the whole flight. You'd have to wait for them to recharge in the case before you can use them again. It's not instant. Wow. You even went there?

Everyone needs a break here and there. I doubt I could listen to music or whatever non stop for 8 hours.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Not likely at all. the Lightning plug is a proprietary plug. Apple only. 3.5mm jack is an open standard free for any company to use. Doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to figure that one out.

I don't agree. People who mainly use their iPhone as their primary music device, will not feel the need to buy other listening devices for the go. They will eventually feel the need to buy better headphones than the stock ones Apple delivers.
Over time they won't have any 3.5mm left at all.

That's what I said and I am still 100% behind my words in that regard.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
500b64573177bdd13f023fe4669bd195.jpg

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
They are giving away 1 adapter. It will get lost, due to it's small size. Then how much to replace? Adapters were used before on older Smartphones before the iPhone, they had dongles. They were hated then, and will be hated now.
- more expense. (P.S. the iPhone 7 Plus went up $20!!!)
- more connections
- more lost items
- less operability.
= not good.

Simple my friend. Just don't lose it. It's just like with anything that you own. If you lose it then you obviously have to pay for another one.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Wireless and Bluetooth is hopeless for headphones, not only do they not sound as good but guaranteed every now and again they will be flat when you want to use them, been there done that and not interested in adapters, what about us parents with teenagers we supposed to buy them Bluetooth headphones and then more chargers and leads to wreck, how many lightening cables do they go through now Apple and you want them to have adapters on hand lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods