Preorder Question

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
For those who have preordered an iPhone 6 or 6s before, were they available in a store the same day you were to get yours?

Just wondering if it's necessary lol

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Pre-ordering necessary? Depends... If you're in early enough on pre order you're assured to get one on launch day delivered to you... Or, if you go to a store, and are early enough in line, you'll get one before they're back-ordered... 6 of 1 vs. a half dozen of another...

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I know. Just not sure though. The camera is appealing, if it's better than the 6s then it's probably better than current android flagships, which I want to stick with.

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Well darn lol. If I did pre-order and sent it to my house I'd save on taxes so that's nice lol

Although I have a special plan on AT&T (25gb for 10gb price) , how is the ordering process through the Apple site? Can they not touch and change my plan?

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Do you think they will let us pre order and pick up in store on release day? Kind of like the 6s was ?

*~Live life,love life~*

isuquinndog

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Well darn lol. If I did pre-order and sent it to my house I'd save on taxes so that's nice lol

Although I have a special plan on AT&T (25gb for 10gb price) , how is the ordering process through the Apple site? Can they not touch and change my plan?

No they can't touch your data plan. You give permission to have them check the upgrade eligibility so they know what to charge you on the order.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Do you think they will let us pre order and pick up in store on release day? Kind of like the 6s was ?

*~Live life,love life~*

Yep, as long as you reserve before inventory sells out. I imagine the jet black will sell out pretty quickly.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Yep, as long as you reserve before inventory sells out. I imagine the jet black will sell out pretty quickly.

Yea I've seen alot of people who want the jet black I'm not sure about it... it looks awesome but would I regret it.
I will most likely do rose gold. I'll be up at 3:01 friday ready to go.. lol

*~Live life,love life~*

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yea I've seen alot of people who want the jet black I'm not sure about it... it looks awesome but would I regret it.
I will most likely do rose gold. I'll be up at 3:01 friday ready to go.. lol

*~Live life,love life~*

I'm sure I'll regret getting the jet black but it just looks too good to pass up. :)

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
There's never a guarantee that any of the stores will have any particular model of the phone on launch day. It's kind of luck of the draw. Sometimes people find stores with a nice assortment of stock in varying colors and storage capacities, and then others end up finding a barren desert for weeks in their local stores. I've always pre-ordered just because I enjoy being lazy on release day and sitting at home while the device is brought to me.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Lesson learned after last year I will definitely preorder. I wanted 128gb rose gold att...got in line about 10 pm the night before and didn't find out till 9:30 am that the combo I wanted was not available. I was so bummed and then dead tired all day at work. Next morning I woke to check the store inventory at 8 am and got the exact combo I wanted with an appointment pick up time. So like I said lesson learned I will be preordering and saving myself the aggravation.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Lesson learned after last year I will definitely preorder. I wanted 128gb rose gold att...got in line about 10 pm the night before and didn't find out till 9:30 am that the combo I wanted was not available. I was so bummed and then dead tired all day at work. Next morning I woke to check the store inventory at 8 am and got the exact combo I wanted with an appointment pick up time. So like I said lesson learned I will be preordering and saving myself the aggravation.

I've never quite understood the value behind standing in a mile long line for hours. Last year was actually the first time I went to an actual Apple Store to get an iPhone and the only reason I did was to take advantage of the iPhone Upgrade Program. I had an 8:00 reservation and was inside the store at exactly that time with my dedicated store employee. The line for people without reservations had barely moved when I walked out of the store a few minutes later with my new iPhone.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I stood in line for 12 HOURS back in June 2010 when the iphone 4 launched. I was a 22 year old college student so I didn't have work or anything that day but it was still a tiring experience even though I did make some good friends in line ha. But since then I just pre ordered all my iphones and saved the headache and the long lines.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR