iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
RECON1, is it scheduled for delivery tomorrow? UPS will not normally allow you to pick up a package until after one delivery attempt has been made. That is, unless you make previous arrangements with the shipper.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it scheduled for delivery tomorrow? UPS will not normally allow you to pick up a package until after one delivery attempt has been made. That is, unless you make previous arrangements with the shipper.

Oh? Well it gives the option on UPS tracking, but idk. Never done it before

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine left TN this morning via FedEx and is now in Greensboro NC.... lol and I took the day off tomorrow.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh? Well it gives the option on UPS tracking, but idk. Never done it before

I stopped at UPS today (I had to drive right past going to Costco).. I was the only person there, so I did not feel like I was bothering them. The woman there told me, Yes, just go to MY UPS and change it from delivery to pick up and it will be here at 1pm to pick up. I came home and tried it.. and it failed, waited a bit, and it failed, tried from the app and it failed. Each time says "This action is not supported, please contact UPS. So I guess I will have to wait for delivery tomorrow. My personal issue is, that UPS could be here at 9pm or as late as 8pm. I have had to come let them in the office at 7:45 at night on a normal week day. So I may be stuck at work until delivery.. could be 3pm could be 8pm, I just don't know.

On a side note, my iPhone 7 (not plus) is in Seattle, so it's closer.. should be in Yakima in early AM..

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I stopped at UPS today (I had to drive right past going to Costco).. I was the only person there, so I did not feel like I was bothering them. The woman there told me, Yes, just go to MY UPS and change it from delivery to pick up and it will be here at 1pm to pick up. I came home and tried it.. and it failed, waited a bit, and it failed, tried from the app and it failed. Each time says "This action is not supported, please contact UPS. So I guess I will have to wait for delivery tomorrow. My personal issue is, that UPS could be here at 9pm or as late as 8pm. I have had to come let them in the office at 7:45 at night on a normal week day. So I may be stuck at work until delivery.. could be 3pm could be 8pm, I just don't know.

On a side note, my iPhone 7 (not plus) is in Seattle, so it's closer.. should be in Yakima in early AM..

I'm not seeing that 2 hour window option for these. Wonder if it has something to do with coming internationally.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm not seeing that 2 hour window option for these. Wonder if it has something to do with coming internationally.

Yes, she said we won't see that option for this item, it is "restricted by shipper" so it won't show up for anyone (if she is right).

I am just surprised I can't change it to a pick up at UPS, since I still have to show ID and sign. Oh well.. I just spent $300 at Costco for our Saturday BBQ at work, worse case I will grill a couple burgers or brats while waiting.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, she said we won't see that option for this item, it is "restricted by shipper" so it won't show up for anyone (if she is right).

I am just surprised I can't change it to a pick up at UPS, since I still have to show ID and sign. Oh well.. I just spent $300 at Costco for our Saturday BBQ at work, worse case I will grill a couple burgers or brats while waiting.

Dang really? I repent having this option for the original watch and Apple TV.

orange15

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Credit card was charged two hours ago. Status changed to "preparing to ship". $10 expedited shipping charge (2-3 day delivery) charged 1 hour ago.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Dang really? I repent having this option for the original watch and Apple TV.

My guess (and only a guess) is that the option will be overused and everyone will pick a morning delivery and UPS would be overwhelmed and unable to delivery on time. Then everyone will demand $ back from UPS, be angry at them and Apple and the world would be Higgly and Piggly.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
My guess (and only a guess) is that the option will be overused and everyone will pick a morning delivery and UPS would be overwhelmed and unable to delivery on time. Then everyone will demand $ back from UPS, be angry at them and Apple and the world would be Higgly and Piggly.

But I love when the world is Higgly and Piggly

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen