iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
To confirm, you ordered from Apple, on 9th Sep, around 03:00 - 03:15 eastern?
If so, are you sure it doesn't show in your Apple Support Profile?

https://supportprofile.apple.com/

Yeah, that's the time frame I ordered. My Apple profile shows everything, even stuff I ordered in the past; but no new Iphone 7 plus. I got my confirmation email at 3:07AM.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or tried, but on UPS tracking, select "track by reference" and enter in your phone number in the "shipment reference" spot. Choose your destination country and zip and then track.

Yes, I tried that method. It works but it only shows the shipments that I already know about, that show up in the regular tracking page.

I know I have the watch coming on 9/16, it's in Kentucky now. I initially thought the phone would be included in that shipment, because of the weight. I watched some unboxing videos, search on the net, and found out that Apple ships the watch in some pretty hefty boxes. Also, my phone still says processing, that's an important thing I should mention.

The only thing I could have done to make my order get in faster is not forget to check the agreement terms for the Apple installment plan. There were a few other things, in a rush that I forgot here & there, and those few seconds cost me, it's amazing but it did.

Having said that, I've yet to read about anyone who ordered the Jet black 7 plus 256GB model, receiving any shipment information.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Still nothing.
920fe0a0e353ad7c8c4b575534a15b8c.jpg

I will go drown my sorrows in a big vat of coffee now.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's the time frame I ordered. My Apple profile shows everything, even stuff I ordered in the past; but no new Iphone 7 plus. I got my confirmation email at 3:07AM.

Yes, I tried that method. It works but it only shows the shipments that I already know about, that show up in the regular tracking page.

I know I have the watch coming on 9/16, it's in Kentucky now. I initially thought the phone would be included in that shipment, because of the weight. I watched some unboxing videos, search on the net, and found out that Apple ships the watch in some pretty hefty boxes. Also, my phone still says processing, that's an important thing I should mention.

The only thing I could have done to make my order get in faster is not forget to check the agreement terms for the Apple installment plan. There were a few other things, in a rush that I forgot here & there, and those few seconds cost me, it's amazing but it did.

Having said that, I've yet to read about anyone who ordered the Jet black 7 plus 256GB model, receiving any shipment information.

Yeah, if the watch boxes are the same as last time, they are pretty hefty. I thought my watch and phone would be in the same box, but it looks like they're not as I have two different tracking numbers.

Every second counts. I had an issue with my payment address, and after fumbling around with that for a few seconds, right after I placed my order the times went to 2-3 weeks.

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, if the watch boxes are the same as last time, they are pretty hefty. I thought my watch and phone would be in the same box, but it looks like they're not as I have two different tracking numbers.

Every second counts. I had an issue with my payment address, and after fumbling around with that for a few seconds, right after I placed my order the times went to 2-3 weeks.

Ha ha! yeah I fumbled around also, but still got it ordered pretty fast. I got into the "ships in 1 to 2 weeks" group. It went to 2-3 weeks right after I got my order in also.

I'm trying to decide if I should try to score one Friday, since I'm off, or just wait it out. The danger in that is trying to balance canceling the online order, and getting in an order online to pick up before supplies dwindle.

Kevin Harvell

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this has been mentioned or tried, but on UPS tracking, select "track by reference" and enter in your phone number in the "shipment reference" spot. Choose your destination country and zip and then track.

Cannot change the date range to include the 16th. Can only go to 9/14 so it does not show anything for that range.

My S/N shows up in the supportprofile.apple.com link above though, just the Apple Store shows it as Preparing for Shipment. My case has shipped however and should arrive tomorrow.

Kevin Harvell

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Ha ha! yeah I fumbled around also, but still got it ordered pretty fast. I got into the "ships in 1 to 2 weeks" group. It went to 2-3 weeks right after I got my order in also.

I'm trying to decide if I should try to score one Friday, since I'm off, or just wait it out. The danger in that is trying to balance canceling the online order, and getting in an order online to pick up before supplies dwindle.

I would only cancel the online order if you actually snag on Friday. Then again, I would not cancel the order, but resell one for a little bit extra due to demand.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Cannot change the date range to include the 16th. Can only go to 9/14 so it does not show anything for that range.

My S/N shows up in the supportprofile.apple.com link above though, just the Apple Store shows it as Preparing for Shipment. My case has shipped however and should arrive tomorrow.

I couldn't change the date either but it still worked for me

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I would only cancel the online order if you actually snag on Friday. Then again, I would not cancel the order, but resell one for a little bit extra due to demand.

That's not a bad idea. I was trying to stay on Apple's installment program, but I may have to just buy one outright Friday if I can. That's what I usually do anyway.

I did the same thing two years ago for the Iphone 6 Plus. I beginning to wonder if it's even worth pre ordering a popular model or, just waiting for launch day. It doesn't seem to do any good to preorder, if I can get the same model on launch day at the store. Who knows. I may not even be able to get one on launch day either.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm just waiting anxiously for Verizon to at least update my order status from processing, lol. During the order it gave me the date of 10/5. But I've heard of peoples order updating to show a sooner date. Doubt I'll get that lucky but a guy can only hope.

j_squared

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
so mine is still preparing for shipment, but when I check the shipping for reference it was in Kentucky yesterday. Still shows for on-time by EOD Friday.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
More risk, and time used waiting in line on launch day, only to not have one available for purchase. Hence, preorder is better, no?

That's not a bad idea. I was trying to stay on Apple's installment program, but I may have to just buy one outright Friday if I can. That's what I usually do anyway.

I did the same thing two years ago for the Iphone 6 Plus. I beginning to wonder if it's even worth pre ordering a popular model or, just waiting for launch day. It doesn't seem to do any good to preorder, if I can get the same model on launch day at the store. Who knows. I may not even be able to get one on launch day either.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
Either check your order number in UPS, via Track Reference (omit the last two numbers!), or check your Apple Support Profile page.You'll more than likely see the device, and the serial number for it. At least you'd know once has been assigned to you, etc...

I'm just waiting anxiously for Verizon to at least update my order status from processing, lol. During the order it gave me the
date of 10/5. But I've heard of peoples order updating to show a sooner date. Doubt I'll get that lucky but a guy can only hope.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Either check your order number in UPS, via Track Reference (omit the last two numbers!), or check your Apple Support Profile page.You'll more than likely see the device, and the serial number for it. At least you'd know once has been assigned to you, etc...

Does that work even though I ordered from Verizon and not Apple?

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 7 just landed in Anchorage Alaska. :yes: now if only my iPhone 7 Plus would change status beyond processing.

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
More risk, and time used waiting in line on launch day, only to not have one available for purchase. Hence, preorder is better, no?

Yes, if you actually pre order and get it delivered on launch day. If you see it online and reserve it, there is no risk, you just have to wait in line. When I got my Iphone 6 plus, my order from At&t hadn't shipped. I believe it had been a few days past the launch day with no progress, just processing.

I checked online and the model I wanted was available at a local mall, but I hesitated, and it was gone. I did this for a few days and then finally, when my At&t order hadn't shipped and was still processing, I reserved one online when the model I wanted became available.

The line wasn't bad after a fews days, and the Apple employees were real helpful. Dealing with AT&T and their Next program where I had the issue. This year I will check to see if I can score one since I'm off for that day. It just depends what stage my order is at that time. I may just wait it out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR