iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Last year when I pre-ordered with T-Mobile I didn't get a tracking number till Friday morning lol

Lol leave it to T-Mobile. I've done the last 3 pre-orders with them and this is the first one that I have been a little worried about not getting it Friday.

kinglxnce

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Just checked and I have nothing, maybe it'll ship fedex, everything from att says delivery Friday 9/16 shipping date 09/15 so we'll see thanks for the help.

kinglxnce

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Is there anyone with AT&T that doesn't have an authorization for the tax amount of their preorder?
I have att but I also live in Delaware so I don't get charged tax. I received a text from att Friday followed by an email, now it's preparing to ship with estimated delivery of Friday which I had when I placed my preorder

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I received the text and email early morning last Friday too. Aside from the message showing under the Alert section within myAT&T, has your status shown as anything other than Preparing for shipment? To my knowledge, mine have always displayed that. I wonder if anyone else with latter shipping dates have AT&T holding the tax on their card?

kinglxnce

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I received the text and email early morning last Friday too. Aside from the message showing under the Alert section within myAT&T, has your status shown as anything other than Preparing for shipment? To my knowledge, mine have always displayed that. I wonder if anyone else with latter shipping dates have AT&T holding the tax on their card?
what was your delivery date when you ordered? Did you have the 16th or later? I received an email with my new number for my new line as well as saying should be overnighted 09/15. But no preparing for shipment is my only status aside from being able to see the phone number of the new line which I would assume is a good thing.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
what was your delivery date when you ordered? Did you have the 16th or later? I received an email with my new number for my new line as well as saying should be overnighted 09/15. But no preparing for shipment is my only status aside from being able to see the phone number of the new line which I would assume is a good thing.

My shipment dates are 10/14-10/21. I wonder why AT&T has been holding the tax amount if my preorder won't ship for another month?

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was adding a tracking number to My UPS and look what popped up in the delivery planner!

ETA: the transaction on my Visa hard posted last night.

718409c582f634c519adaa35c13e9434.jpg

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an authorization charge, yet. I am AT&T and I ordered via Apple Store at 12:05ish w/ a delivery window of 09/23-09/27. Still processing.

I'm starting to think I should've preordered through Apple, instead of AT&T. My intention was to make the process simpler, but it seems to have backfired on me.

orange15

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm starting to think I should've preordered through Apple, instead of AT&T. My intention was to make the process simpler, but it seems to have backfired on me.

This is part of my point about no method to the madness. From a quality and customer service perspective Apple should at lease: a) reasonably anticipate demand (pretty sure Apple can develop an algorithm for this) and b) deliver consistently to pre-order customers on launch day, in partnership with the various wireless carriers, first and foremost. Their customer base, the loyal customers and new excited Apple customers, are pre-ordering. Delight the base..

Lastly, don't play games and be trasnparent. Make a commitment and keep it. No changing dates and mysterious acts. Avoid creating classes of consumers who have different customer service experiences. Quality and consistency.

Flame off...

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I am on AT&T and I switched to ordering from Apple for AT&T a few years back. I never had luck getting anything right from AT&T directly. My iPhone 7 (not +) shows -- Departed - Shanghai, China, Tuesday, 09/13/2016

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am on AT&T and I switched to ordering from Apple for AT&T a few years back. I never had luck getting anything right from AT&T directly. My iPhone 7 (not +) shows -- Departed - Shanghai, China, Tuesday, 09/13/2016

I'm going to do the same thing in the future.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I am convinced that T-Mobile wont have me mine by Friday. It still says processing and no charge to my card. Don't know what the point of staying up until 3am was. Really let down. 7 plus 32GB Black

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site

I used AT&T in 2014 when ordering my 6 Plus, it was a mess. Estimated shipping dates kept changing although I ended up getting the phone earlier than expected. Went through Apple and the Apple Store app last year for my 6s Plus and this year and it was a breeze.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen