iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

xandrik

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Ordered through apple store app. When checking with verizon for upgrade eligibility, it kept giving a error to try again later. After trying about several times, I got a screen that said something along the lines of, "we have an iPhone held for you, we'll email you with instructions to continue your order". There was some long number with B at the beginning. In a rush, I didn't get a screen shot. UGH! Still no email.

I did finally get an order through, not getting it until likest 28th of sept.

Does anyone know if I will still see that email about the notice that they are holding one for me? Anyone else experienced that?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Well this sucks, tried making a reservation to upgrade on the upgrade program (bought the 6s plus on it) and got "we're not taking any more reservations for upgrades right now try back 8am on the 17th". Didn't help that I forgot to log in until about 12:30.

simon1867

May 7, 2016
Visit site
WOW, seems worse than normal, I've never had a problem getting a delivery on launch day ordering in the few mins after preorders have opened. So much for lacklustre demand!

I had the app open on iPhone & iPad and the store open on the Mac...the phone refreshed within a few seconds of 8:01 (UK) and I was already looking at a window of 26 Sept - 3 Oct for Jet Black, slightly more defined 27-29 Sept for the plain black, so no difference really. Looks like 'Black is the new Black'.

I was trying to reserve a local pickup on launch day which is sometimes easier to get than queueing or courier delivery but no joy either. TBH not even the option I could find.

Neither iPad or Mac refreshed for about 20 mins after the preorder date and when they did were showing November.

Lets hope Apple pull the dates back and that these are really conservative estimates. That seems mighty fast to have slipped delivery dates a over a week from launch day within what would have been seconds!

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Well this sucks, tried making a reservation to upgrade on the upgrade program (bought the 6s plus on it) and got "we're not taking any more reservations for upgrades right now try back 8am on the 17th". Didn't help that I forgot to log in until about 12:30.

I was trying to do the exact same thing, but it will would never allow me to make a darn reservation!!!!

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Fingers crossed it ships faster than 2-3 weeks. I can't believe jet black started at a 2-3 week delay.

Hey, fingers crossed that mine ships before Nov finally got it to go through 128GB Jet Black 7 Plus. Funny thing I tried every payment method, and the browser would time out. I finally said fudge it I will select the Apple upgrade program and what would you know it went through no issues check out done. I am tired going to bed now everyone have a great day we all will be sucking down Starbucks or some caffeine during work.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered a 32GB Matt Black 7 Plus on T-Mobile. Kept trying on the website and it was basically over loaded. I quickly picked up the phone and called 611 and the lady had my order done in about 10 minutes. E-mail confirmation has been received. It says shipping 9/19-9/26 over night yet she said it would ship 9/15. Anyone know how T-Mo does their preorders? I have never done a launch like this before.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if these way out there dates change I am usually in the first wave and the for the first time I am all the way in Nov for shipping.

BearlyFloats

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Just ordered a 32GB Matt Black 7 Plus on T-Mobile. Kept trying on the website and it was basically over loaded. I quickly picked up the phone and called 611 and the lady had my order done in about 10 minutes. E-mail confirmation has been received. It says shipping 9/19-9/26 over night yet she said it would ship 9/15. Anyone know how T-Mo does their preorders? I have never done a launch like this before.
Pre-Orders are kind of a wonky system. With iPhone 6 and the first 6 Plus, there were folks getting Pre-Orders in late November, while stores were getting drop ships of the product sprinkled throughout launch up until that time...so the logistics coupled with "Apple Scarcity" always makes predicting these things tough. You should see yours in Sept. tho.

Not a T-Mo employee BTW just know a bit about logistics.

Last edited:

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine using the Apple Store app at 2:01 CST exactly. I pre-ordered the Jet Black 256 GB iPhone 7 Plus. It doesn't ship until the 26th at the earliest though.

Well now I don't feel so bad, I wasn't able to order until around 3:05am and I got the same ship date as you. I ordered the same model, 7plus 256gb jet black. I had to go through the process of applying for the apple payment plan and forgot to fill in a few steps since I was in such a hurry.

It was a tough ordering process once again, but I'm glad I got my order in.

That was the fastest as possible that I could have ordered, and considering you ordered 4 minutes before me it may not have mattered. Ship dates September 26 to October 3.

sonevsox86

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Finally! After much fighting with VZW's launch site I got my 128GB Jet Black 7 Plus. Only down side is I have to wait until 10/28. Meh, my trusty 6 Plus should be able to hold me over til then.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Placed my preorder with Verizon for Rose Gold 128gb 7 Plus. Deliver by date 9/16. Also noticed on the confirmation that I got an additional 2gb a month of data free.

cottington

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Apple iPhone upgrade program question - I'm in the US and a current iPhone upgrade customer from last year. I went through the pre order process but they didn't have the model exact model I wanted for my carrier, AT&T. So I picked Sprint instead and completed the reservation. Being that it is unlocked, will I be able to complete the upgrade process in store as an AT&T customer? Or will it only work if I start a new plan with Sprint? If I did that, would I then be able to just call sprint and cancel within the first couple weeks and still keep my upgraded iPhone 7 through the upgrade program? I would prefer to just leave the store without doing any activation and stick in my AT&T sim when I get home, but from what I'm reading, it must be activated in store.

Options? I don't want to risk creating more headache for myself so if I may decide to just wait until there's an AT&T model available that I want...

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Preordered a 256GB Gold iPhone 7 Plus. I had to wait for 40 minutes till I got a rep on the phone. She told me there were 900 people waiting after me.

I just got the confirmation and I'm paying $152 less than the Store price. Guess T-Mobile Netherlands likes me

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order waiting thread

there will be no iphone 8 ! check what samsung did for note 5 - note 7 . they tried to take advantage at seo and marketing

I'm missing something, obviously. What does your reply have to do with my previous comment that you quoted?

sjohnvivian

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I pre-ordered the Jet Black in 128GB. But the ship time is listed for November. So I've also pre-ordered a Black in 128GB which is set to ship October 5th - 12th.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2