iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone1 and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $29 for screen damage, or $99 for any other damage, plus applicable tax.2 In addition, you’ll get 24/7 priority access to Apple experts via chat or phone through getsupport.apple.com.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping for some advice here. I have had every iPhone since the 4, but this will be the first time I have ever pre-ordered an iPhone. I am on Verizon. Is it better to preorder with the carrier or through Apple? Does it matter? I will be getting the Matte Black 7 Plus 128gb.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I am hoping for some advice here. I have had every iPhone since the 4, but this will be the first time I have ever pre-ordered an iPhone. I am on Verizon. Is it better to preorder with the carrier or through Apple? Does it matter? I will be getting the Matte Black 7 Plus 128gb.

How do you plan to pay for it? Contract? (does verizon still do those?) Some sort of upgrade program? Buy outright? Financing only program? If buying outright, I'd say whoever can get it to you the quickest. If you want to finance or go with an upgrade program, I'd say go through Apple. That way you are not tied to your carrier for the financing/upgrade period. After buying my previous phone direct from the Mfr. (Motorola) and my current iPhone 6s Plus on the Apple Upgrade Program, I'm never going back to anything that ties me to a carrier again. I never really understood the feeling of freedom it gives until I did it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
How do you plan to pay for it? Contract? (does verizon still do those?) Some sort of upgrade program? Buy outright? Financing only program? If buying outright, I'd say whoever can get it to you the quickest. If you want to finance or go with an upgrade program, I'd say go through Apple. That way you are not tied to your carrier for the financing/upgrade period. After buying my previous phone direct from the Mfr. (Motorola) and my current iPhone 6s Plus on the Apple Upgrade Program, I'm never going back to anything that ties me to a carrier again. I never really understood the feeling of freedom it gives until I did it.

I have no reason to leave Verizon. They are by far the best carrier in my area. The last two years I have used the Verizon 24 payments. I pay for 12 months then payoff the balance, sell the phone and pocket enough cash to pay for some new accessories for the next phone. I won't do the apple upgrade plan when I can sell the phone for more than I owe on it after 12 months.

I was asking which to go through on preorder for two reasons: 1) speed of ordering in the middle of night 3am Eastern 2) speed of delivery. I am assuming both deliver on release day, but thought I would ask.

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I have no reason to leave Verizon. They are by far the best carrier in my area. The last two years I have used the Verizon 24 payments. I pay for 12 months then payoff the balance, sell the phone and pocket enough cash to pay for some new accessories for the next phone. I won't do the apple upgrade plan when I can sell the phone for more than I owe on it after 12 months.

I was asking which to go through on preorder for two reasons: 1) speed of ordering in the middle of night 3am Eastern 2) speed of delivery. I am assuming both deliver on release day, but thought I would ask.

Ordering through Apple is probably your best bet. Download the Apple Store app and you can actually go through the steps now and choose which phone you'd like to order, color, storage, payment option as well. Then you can favorite it so when you open the app at 3am you can go to your favorites and then continue from there. I'm not sure how Verizon handles preorders but I did it through Apple and the Apple Store app last year for my 6s Plus and it was a breeze. When I went through AT&T for my 6 Plus in 2014 it was a mess. Wrong delivery dates and other incorrect information. Hope this helps.

AndrewP121268

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm ordering the jet black 128 7+ as soon as ordering opens in Switzerland - that's 9.01am - although I will check at midnight just in case.

Also got to get a 7 in rose gold for my wife, she is still on a 5s.

One issue - Swiss pricing seems a tad higher than the US.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Planning on joining the Apple iPhone Upgrade program and ordering a 7 Plus 128 but not sure if I want the Black or Jet Black.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Going for the matte black 128 plus. Have cases already pre-ordered through spigen 😊. Ready to get rid of the s7 edge lol

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm ultimately thinking I may switch to the black now. More I see it, the more I like it. It's like what I wanted space gray always to be. Decisions decisions.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order waiting thread

If I can preorder through AT&T next, then I am going with the 128GB iPhone 7 Plus. Problem for me is whether to go with the Jet Black or Silver. My current 6S Plus is Black but I miss the white front face. However, that new Jet Black is so sleek. Decisions desicions.

My current 6s+ is the white/silver combo. Love it, staying with it. Now to go from 64gb to 128 or 256.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm torn between the black and jet black. I favorited both configurations and it'll be a game time decision. Going to bed at 9 and alarm set for 2:40.

catchmeifyoucan

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Whats the story with getting a unlocked iphone not tied to any carrier. I would like to be able to use it international and all major US carriers.
From what i Understand Sprint phone would work with all.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the Apple Store app? Just went in to check the items I fav'd earlier and now I'm getting this:
477ccee39e5bef4aa2740849be970c93.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2