This started a few months ago I replaced the battery with anew one then it was still happening then I replace the battery again test with a new one. How do I know I put the battery in properly and how can I figure out what is causing it? I would like to try and replace whatever I need to, to fix this if it’s possible. I can’t afford another phone I just bought this one a few months ago.
    08-14-2020 12:43 PM
    Go into the Settings app and choose Battery.

It will give you a listing of all the apps sorted by their relative battery usage (total of all apps is 100%) since the last full charge.

It might also give you what that app was doing.

You can also view the battery’s health by tapping on “Battery Health”.

08-14-2020 02:15 PM
    This started a few months ago I replaced the battery with anew one then it was still happening then I replace the battery again test with a new one. How do I know I put the battery in properly and how can I figure out what is causing it? I would like to try and replace whatever I need to, to fix this if it’s possible. I can’t afford another phone I just bought this one a few months ago.
    Hello and welcome to iMore. I would definitely look at your battery health which can be found by going to Settings>Battery>Battery Health. You may also want to consider that the iPhone 6s is older and could possibly need a new battery.
    08-14-2020 03:17 PM
    Welcome to iMore

Update your device to the current version of iOS as the 6s still is supported on 13.6.1 and see if your battery will level off
    08-14-2020 05:32 PM
    It’s updated already that’s not the problem sadly or maybe it’s the reason why it’s doing this
    08-14-2020 08:57 PM
    It’s not the battery
    Attached Thumbnails My phone is heating up and battery is draining badly-ba7eb6de-329c-406f-91fb-e7a7d129839f.png  
    08-14-2020 09:02 PM
    Try to not use “Call of Duty” and “FF EXVIUS” for a day, and see how it goes.

Since those are games, they will make your phone work significantly more, eating up your battery and heating up your phone.
    08-14-2020 10:56 PM
    Dude this is abnormal behavior it has nothing to do with what games I play. It heats up with just about anything I do. The battery doesn’t even last even when I’m not playing games. It wasn’t this way when I first go the phone 6 months ago. Also I only play COD at night for a couple hours at a time. This is why I’m trying to find someone who may know what is going on with it. So maybe I can fix it if not then at least I know what’s going on. This is a new battery it shouldn’t last an hour!
    08-15-2020 06:21 PM
    Dude this is abnormal behavior it has nothing to do with what games I play. It heats up with just about anything I do. The battery doesn’t even last even when I’m not playing games. It wasn’t this way when I first go the phone 6 months ago. Also I only play COD at night for a couple hours at a time. This is why I’m trying to find someone who may know what is going on with it. So maybe I can fix it if not then at least I know what’s going on. This is a new battery it shouldn’t last an hour!
    Did you install the new battery or did Apple?
    08-15-2020 06:35 PM
    The first battery was someone else I don’t know the last two was me. Also apple wont instal a new battery they will just say they can’t fix it and you have to buy a new phone.
    08-16-2020 01:04 AM
    You should have a quick look at this Apple support document regarding iPhone Battery Replacement:
    https://support.apple.com/iphone/rep.../battery-power
    Annie_M likes this.
    08-16-2020 04:08 AM
    The first battery was someone else I don’t know the last two was me. Also apple wont instal a new battery they will just say they can’t fix it and you have to buy a new phone.
    1st: are the batteries you used to replace your old one OEM or Chinese knock offs? Crappy “new” ones could be an issue.

2nd: Have you tried doing a reset of the phone and seeing if that solves the issue? You can always recover the backup if it’s not.

3rd: I must be lucky because Apple has never denied me a battery replacement. I just pay the $69.

I play COD, a lot, and while that drains the device while playing I have no issues when I’m not. Gives those a try and see if it helps.
    Annie_M likes this.
    08-16-2020 06:03 AM
    The first one I do t know but it lasted about 6 months which is good because of bad WiFi I have to deal with the other two I bought from ifixit. Yeah I was planning on resetting the phone to see if it fixes it and I’m so hoping it will. How old is your iPhone and when’s the last time you got a new battery?
    08-18-2020 01:16 PM
    49$ is not too bad but if it’s something else not the battery it won’t matter.
    08-18-2020 01:18 PM