so i ordered a carrier unlocked iphone 6s should be here in a week or two and i have a few questions

#1 assuming its on ios 9 which ios should i update it to this is my first phone since the 3GS?
    #2 is it safe to leave the phone plugged in overnight to charge it? if not how long should i leave it on the charger dont want to ruin the battery
    #3 since this is my first iphone since the 3GS is there anything else you think i should know
    Annie_M likes this.
    06-09-2020 01:36 AM
    Welcome to iMore.

Please see the following link for the latest version of iOS that your device supports. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guid...he3fa5df43/ios
    Annie_M likes this.
    06-09-2020 01:45 AM
    so i ordered a carrier unlocked iphone 6s should be here in a week or two and i have a few questions

#1 assuming its on ios 9 which ios should i update it to this is my first phone since the 3GS?
    #2 is it safe to leave the phone plugged in overnight to charge it? if not how long should i leave it on the charger dont want to ruin the battery
    #3 since this is my first iphone since the 3GS is there anything else you think i should know
    1: simply go to Settings > General > Software update and perform an update from there. You will be updated to the latest supported version.
    2: yes, I leave mine on the charger when I go to bed.
    3: there is lots of stuff you’ll learn over time. Don’t rush and overthink it. It comes to you naturally.
    Just_Me_D and Annie_M like this.
    06-09-2020 03:51 PM

Welcome to iMore! It’s good to have you here! Enjoy your iPhone and don’t hesitate to as questions. We are happy to help!
    06-10-2020 08:26 AM
    1: simply go to Settings > General > Software update and perform an update from there. You will be updated to the latest supported version.
    2: yes, I leave mine on the charger when I go to bed.
    3: there is lots of stuff you’ll learn over time. Don’t rush and overthink it. It comes to you naturally.
    Hello @Kaitlin Kaschak. Welcome to iMore.

Pretty much spot on what @Tartarus replied.

Also, when you get a moment, stroll on over to the new members section and introduce yourself to the community:
    https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-...yourself-here/
    Hope this helped.
    06-10-2020 10:22 AM