All of a sudden i am getting a drop down notification for my timer when it stops. it never happened before. all i did was change the sound to my recent timer. How do i stop this notification? it is a drop down notification. very strange it never happened before. My timer shows on lock screen when it is finished, and i can repeat it or stop it but now it "also" has a drop down notification. hope i explained it correctly. thank you.
    03-12-2019 04:32 PM
    Hello and welcome to iMore. What version of iOS are you using on your iPhone? I believe what you are describing is what is referred to a banner. It drops down from the top of the screen. I've done some looking around for a way to disable this, but haven't had much luck so far. Hopefully someone else will come along that knows how. Another option would be to contact Apple Support. I will continue trying to figure this out, and report back when I find something that will help.
    03-13-2019 08:37 AM
    I always get the drop down banner notification with my timer. Why would you not want it? It's easy to dismiss. I don't see any way to disable it.
    03-13-2019 09:00 AM
    I always get the drop down banner notification with my timer. Why would you not want it? It's easy to dismiss. I don't see any way to disable it.
    This is true. All you need to do is to tap it, and the alert stops and the notification goes away.
    03-13-2019 09:13 AM
    Welcome to iMore. May I suggest using the "cancel" button in the upper left corner of the timer screen where you actually change the timer sound. It appears that you hit the "set" button when you changed the sound.
    03-13-2019 09:43 AM
    Welcome to iMore. May I suggest using the "cancel" button in the upper left corner of the timer screen where you actually change the timer sound. It appears that you hit the "set" button when you changed the sound.
    What does hitting "cancel" accomplish?
    03-13-2019 06:03 PM
    What does hitting "cancel" accomplish?
    Shutting the timer off
    03-13-2019 06:07 PM
    Shutting the timer off
    It cancels the tone sound change. The OP wants to not have the drop down banner notification when the timer goes off. But there doesn't seem to be a way to disable it.
    03-13-2019 09:53 PM