iphone 6s, drop down notification for timer

another floridian

Mar 12, 2019
Visit site
All of a sudden i am getting a drop down notification for my timer when it stops. it never happened before. all i did was change the sound to my recent timer. How do i stop this notification? it is a drop down notification. very strange it never happened before. My timer shows on lock screen when it is finished, and i can repeat it or stop it but now it "also" has a drop down notification. hope i explained it correctly. thank you.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore. What version of iOS are you using on your iPhone? I believe what you are describing is what is referred to a banner. It drops down from the top of the screen. I've done some looking around for a way to disable this, but haven't had much luck so far. Hopefully someone else will come along that knows how. Another option would be to contact Apple Support. I will continue trying to figure this out, and report back when I find something that will help.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I always get the drop down banner notification with my timer. Why would you not want it? It's easy to dismiss. I don't see any way to disable it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I always get the drop down banner notification with my timer. Why would you not want it? It's easy to dismiss. I don't see any way to disable it.

This is true. All you need to do is to tap it, and the alert stops and the notification goes away.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. May I suggest using the "cancel" button in the upper left corner of the timer screen where you actually change the timer sound. It appears that you hit the "set" button when you changed the sound.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. May I suggest using the "cancel" button in the upper left corner of the timer screen where you actually change the timer sound. It appears that you hit the "set" button when you changed the sound.

What does hitting "cancel" accomplish?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods