Iphone 6s... is it dead?

bardos

Jan 28, 2019
Visit site
I have an Iphone 6s… I saw it charging, it was at 100% charge (I know, does not mean the battery is good). Two minutes later I picked it up and it’s dead. Nothing, nada. Not recognised by Itunes or any other program. My question is the following: I was thinking of buying a cheapish 6s with a cracked screen and just swapping it out with mine. But… how can I know if my screen is good?

installed new battery to no avail

was thinking that a phone , unlike a computer, makes no sound when it boots up.. so if a screen has died, then one would get the same view as if the logic board tanked. But perhaps it not showing up on Itunes when I attempt to boot it up is the key that tells me it’s an internal problem and the screen is most likely good???

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

You say you connected it to iTunes to no avail but have you put it in DFU mode

Entering DFU Mode (Official Instructions)

1. Plug your device into your computer.

2. Turn off the device.

3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds

4. Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds

5. Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button

6. Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
yep, I've done that... nothing at all, no signs of life.

Sounds like it may be the end of the road for your iPhone 6s. I just replaced my wife’s 6s with an XR last week. It still worked more or less but was experiencing increasingly more and more hardware glitches as of late.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm so sorry... I loved my 6s! You might try contacting Apple Support or making an appointment at the Genius Bar if you're close to an Apple Store. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

bardos

Jan 28, 2019
Visit site
I am pretty sure it's dead. Does not go into DFU mode and not recognised by Itunes. My plan had been to buy a cheaper 6d with cracked screen and just do a replacement. But of course I don't know of the screen is still good on mine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh