New to the block

ValerieAnne

Sep 21, 2018
Visit site
Hey all, I never thought I'd be an apple person but for the last year or so, I've wanted to 'try' one.. So I went on eBay and purchased a used 6s for $100. It's the silver version, Sprint/Unlocked (a1688), I've already checked with the 4 major companies and the only one that said 'something is wrong' was T-Mobile but T-Mobile MVNO's worked for some reason when checked. It is also listed as 32 gig version. I've seen other places (most) that say 32 gig doesn't exist with this model but it DOES show up on Sprint.. so not sure if they were special or what lol

I actually don't have it yet, hopefully it's here within the next couple of days or start of the week. It does have a 'sim card' error message that pops up on it (it was listed as for parts/not working), but the photos showed it working. Now, using Samsung, etc whenever I'd get the sim card error, I would just need to re-install the sim card, restart the phone or update the OS. I also wasn't too worried about it as I plan on using it for strictly Wi-Fi at the moment (I know I'll need a sim to activate it, from everything I've read, though). This is because my current operator doesn't include iPhone/allow iPhones on their system (Republic Wireless).

Anyhow, sorry this is so long.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It is also listed as 32 gig version. I've seen other places (most) that say 32 gig doesn't exist with this model but it DOES show up on Sprint.. so not sure if they were special or what lol

No, when it first came out, the 6s was 16/64/128, but when the iPhone 7 came out and the 6s was kept as last year's model, the 16 and 64 were dropped and replaced by a 32 GB storage model. So one thing you know is that this phone was made sometime in the last two years.

ValerieAnne

Sep 21, 2018
Visit site
No, when it first came out, the 6s was 16/64/128, but when the iPhone 7 came out and the 6s was kept as last year's model, the 16 and 64 were dropped and replaced by a 32 GB storage model. So one thing you know is that this phone was made sometime in the last two years.

Thanks or this information! When I searched (after the purchase) the only company that came back with anything other than 16/64/128 was Sprint, which came with 32. Now I know why I was seeing more of the other (mostly 16) though. :D

I plan on updating to 12 when it gets here, as I believe it's been out a few weeks so hopefully any "quirks" are fixed. Not sure what they'd be but you never know lol

Also, thank you to everybody else for the warm welcomes!

ValerieAnne

Sep 21, 2018
Visit site
Received my phone yesterday - 5 days early! - other than the sim card issue, it's in perfect condition. Plus a few scratches on the screen protector (that came pre-installed). Now I just need a case for it and to remove the magnet on the back of the phone (looks like it was for mounting in car), but not sure about that yet, esp if I have case on the phone. The Sim Card error only happened when I turned the phone on the first time, hasn't been an issue (probably because I don't have a sim card in it, no reason to keep telling me lol).

Already downloaded a few apps - Google Photos and Polar Flow - as they are my most used apps on my Android (other than podcast and music), will look for those later. Oh and the games I play on my Android, but I don't plan on playing games on the iPhone, so I don't need to download them to the phone.

My next question is how often does Health update? I don't have an iWatch but my Polar A370 is set up to sync with Health app. It's supposed to sync everything allowed but doesn't look like it includes heart rate, nor is it updating when I sync the Polar device throughout the day. So, it's odd seeing only half the information in the HealthKit but all of it in Polar. Random but annoying at the same time lmao.

TouchID was flawless, which is amazing as I don't use it on my Android (S7) because it almost NEVER recognizes my fingerprint, no matter how many times I put it in/place it). So will probably add a few more fingers to the system. How many are allowed? I just used my right thumb to set it up and it's speedy. Also, thanks to others, the first thing I did was update to iOS 12. I don't really see a difference, personally, but I never really used another version of it, but still nice to have the most updated version.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice