My iPhone 6s is dead with a black screen will not power on it will not show charging icon or battery icon it's just totally dead so to speak. I have had the battery replaced and he checked a few of the components inside, I've tried soft reset I tried a hard reset I tried putting it in dfu mode I tried different Chargers different box plug-ins different wall receptacles and using a laptop. Nothing works nothing changes it from Just being powerless no noise no vibration just dead. I'm wondering if there's any hope for repair or should I just throw it away
    09-16-2018 08:20 PM
    May be you can try visiting Service Center. Just to find out exact problem, then you can decide next action.
    dstware likes this.
    09-16-2018 08:24 PM
    No, I've seen ones like how you described yours, going for between 50-200 on eBay still. Which is odd, as if they can't be used, not sure why people are spending that much for them. Of course those prices depend on the gb and color and provider.

I'd see about a service station or talking to somebody through chat/phone if you can to see if you can pinpoint the problem/issue first before deciding anything though.
    09-22-2018 01:21 PM
    My iPhone 6s is dead with a black screen will not power on it will not show charging icon or battery icon it's just totally dead so to speak. I have had the battery replaced and he checked a few of the components inside, I've tried soft reset I tried a hard reset I tried putting it in dfu mode I tried different Chargers different box plug-ins different wall receptacles and using a laptop. Nothing works nothing changes it from Just being powerless no noise no vibration just dead. I'm wondering if there's any hope for repair or should I just throw it away
    Take it to the nearest Apple Store to see if they can get it to power on. If they cannot, have them check the battery. If the battery is good and they still can’t get it to power on then yeah, throw it away and make plans to get a new iPhone.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-22-2018 03:31 PM
    Never "throw away" a smartphone or any other electronic device. Recycle it if it's beyond repair.
    scruffypig likes this.
    11-28-2018 12:39 PM
    Never "throw away" a smartphone or any other electronic device. Recycle it if it's beyond repair.
    Great answer, and Apple has a really good free program also.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    11-28-2018 01:47 PM