My 6s was on ios 12. I have had some issues with my phone battery for months, despite having it replaced. All of a sudden I put in the official iPhone cable and the screen went black. Then the apple logo and blank and apple logo etc.

I forced it to restore mode and using a macbook air I tried to restore it. However, everytime the itunes tried to extract software it would disconnect recovery mode and boot loop again. The message was that the phone could not be restored as it can't be found.

I tried for over an hour but to no avail. I am quite upset. I don't think ios 12 bricked it. I think it may have had hardware issues a while. It carried on bootlooping with a flicker of the apple logo maybe every 5 minutes or so once the charger was removed. I have left the battery to drain and stuck it in a cupboard.

Luckily it is a second phone, not my main one (a pixel 2 xl) and I have put my sim into a spare moto G6 play I had in the cupboard.

Is there any hope to fix this phone?
    07-14-2018 07:50 PM
    Have you tried a different lightening cable
    07-14-2018 08:46 PM
    My 6s was on ios 12. I have had some issues with my phone battery for months, despite having it replaced. All of a sudden I put in the official iPhone cable and the screen went black. Then the apple logo and blank and apple logo etc.

I forced it to restore mode and using a macbook air I tried to restore it. However, everytime the itunes tried to extract software it would disconnect recovery mode and boot loop again. The message was that the phone could not be restored as it can't be found.

I tried for over an hour but to no avail. I am quite upset. I don't think ios 12 bricked it. I think it may have had hardware issues a while. It carried on bootlooping with a flicker of the apple logo maybe every 5 minutes or so once the charger was removed. I have left the battery to drain and stuck it in a cupboard.

Luckily it is a second phone, not my main one (a pixel 2 xl) and I have put my sim into a spare moto G6 play I had in the cupboard.

Is there any hope to fix this phone?
    1. Reboot your computer.
    2. Make sure you’re using the latest iTunes version.
    3. Reboot your modem and router.
    4. Use a different USB port on your computer.
    5. Put the device in DFU mode. Let iTunes installed the latest official iOS version.
    6. Afterwards, reinstall iOS 12.
    07-14-2018 08:52 PM
    1. Reboot your computer.
    2. Make sure you’re using the latest iTunes version.
    3. Reboot your modem and router.
    4. Use a different USB port on your computer.
    5. Put the device in DFU mode. Let iTunes installed the latest official iOS version.
    6. Afterwards, reinstall iOS 12.
    That is exactly everything I did. Except it refused to go into DFU mode. I made sure it was latest iTunes, tried different USB cables as well. There is no way to keep the phone in recovery mode long enough to reinstall ios onto it. So guess it is truly bricked.
    07-15-2018 03:04 AM
    That is exactly everything I did. Except it refused to go into DFU mode. I made sure it was latest iTunes, tried different USB cables as well. There is no way to keep the phone in recovery mode long enough to reinstall ios onto it. So guess it is truly bricked.
    Then I would suspect the replacement battery as the culprit. If you had Apple replaced the battery, I would definitely make a Genius Bar appointment to have them exchange it again and then get your device restored.
    07-15-2018 07:01 AM
    Then I would suspect the replacement battery as the culprit. If you had Apple replaced the battery, I would definitely make a Genius Bar appointment to have them exchange it again and then get your device restored.
    I suspect it could be something else. I paid for a shop to replace my battery in Feb. Turns out they never replaced the battery but flashed the phone to trick it into believing it had a new battery. Have had problems since then to be honest. I wonder if whatever was flashed to the phone has broken something inside it. I managed to get it into DFU mode eventually and it still said the phone could not be restored. New iTunes on rebooted macbook air with genuine cable in different usb port. To be honest, at this point I don't want to waste anymore money on it. I am giving away my apple watches to a cousin and getting an android watch to use with my pixel 2 xl. I am fed up with iPhone now.
    07-15-2018 07:51 AM