Buttons not adjusting ringer

mae213

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
When I use the volume control buttons to change the ringer volume, it only changes the regular volume. I have it set to change with the buttons so I don't know why it does this. Sometimes it likes to cooperate but then it goes back to being a pain in the butt to deal with. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While at the home screen, press either the volume up or volume down buttons. The word "Ringer" atop a bell should appear on the screen. Does it not?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope it doesn’t. I turned my phone off and back on and it worked but only for a half hour or so.

Okay. Either "Reset All Settings" or restore the device and then set it up as new. Those are my recommendations.

mae213

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
Okay. Either "Reset All Settings" or restore the device and then set it up as new. Those are my recommendations.

Okay so I did it and it worked for most of the day. I’ve discovered that my regular volume and ringer volume are now controlled together? I tested this out by texting myself with and without volume. Without volume, and with ringer all the way, no sound. With volume, sound. So I guess I can work with this? Thank you for your help!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I did it and it worked for most of the day. I’ve discovered that my regular volume and ringer volume are now controlled together? I tested this out by texting myself with and without volume. Without volume, and with ringer all the way, no sound. With volume, sound. So I guess I can work with this? Thank you for your help!
You're very welcome and thank you for the update....:cool: