Earphone jack not working.

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi. I have an iPhone 6S that I bought off a chap on eBay. Until now it's worked phenomenally. Suddenly the headphone jack isn't working well as well as the Lightning jack.

Is there any way of cleaning the connections?

Thanks for any input

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I have an iPhone 6S that I bought off a chap on eBay. Until now it's worked phenomenally. Suddenly the headphone jack isn't working well as well as the Lightning jack.

Is there any way of cleaning the connections?

Thanks for any input

Use a toothpick and wiggle the dirt out of the jack.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
So if you play music via iPhone speaker and then connect headphones, you're not getting any sound via the headphones and the iPhone speaker stops playing once the headphones are connected? You don't have anything connected via bluetooth do you?

And the lightning port is also not working, so you can't charge the iPhone? Tried another cable?

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
So if you play music via iPhone speaker and then connect headphones, you're not getting any sound via the headphones and the iPhone speaker stops playing once the headphones are connected? You don't have anything connected via bluetooth do you?

And the lightning port is also not working, so you can't charge the iPhone? Tried another cable?
No. Bluetooth actually works it's the physical connections that don't. I have the phone in a battery case and that works great regarding charging. The headphone jack doesn't work anymore.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The lightning port I usually clean with a paper clip but the headphone jack itself I wouldn’t recommend cleaning like that. There is a connector point for the battery in the top of the headphone jack so I clean mine a different way. I clip the cotton tip off a Q-tip and then wrap the remaining post with scotch tape so the sticky side is out and I dab the jack port until it has lint on it and is not tacky. Then I clip some off until it’s tacky again and continue to do this until no more lint comes out. My bose qc20 headphones were intermittently cutting in and out and I thought it was the headphones until I did this.

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Not related to the problem at hand but it has to do with my iPH 6s and the headphones and ultimately the Lightning Port too.

This morning in the parking lot at the Gym I found an Apple cable known as~Headphone Adapter 3.5mm Earphone Adapter Earbud iPhone 7/7 Plus Converter~

Before my work out I connected my wired earbuds to the connector, then to the iPh at the Lighting Port to see if it worked and what a pleasant surprise it was. Not only did it work, the music quality came in @ 100% better than I ever experienced on this phone thru the regular earphone jack.

There has to be something obviously that causes this to happen, yet I have never heard of people trying it out and working this well and or speaking about it.

I basically picked up the wire to save it for my daughter in case it worked, as she has one of the the much newer iPhones with NO earphone jack, in case she could use it.

Greetings and Try It, You'll Love It :cool::yes:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro