Changing my battery for the first time on Friday at the genius bar

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm actually with Leo (Garz) on this one. It should be 29 always. Also my battery has held up VERY well over the almost 2 years (Sept will be 2 years). I was going to do the replacement just so I could say brand new battery when I go to sell it, BUT I'm at 92% capacity! I can't do the replacement in good conscience! lol

Steve Adams

Banned
May 26, 2016
Visit site
Anyone who has had their battery replaced, did the phone look and perform as it did before the swap? I know I had a couple replaced in other iphones, but sometimes the phone did not "fit" right after. Any thoughts? We are looking at getting 2 new batteries this august at the apple store in Halifax when we visit. We have no apple store near us.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who has had their battery replaced, did the phone look and perform as it did before the swap? I know I had a couple replaced in other iphones, but sometimes the phone did not "fit" right after. Any thoughts? We are looking at getting 2 new batteries this august at the apple store in Halifax when we visit. We have no apple store near us.

I’ve only had one battery replaced but I could not tell the difference afterward. It was flawless. I’m not surprised though considering Apple’s attention to detail. If you were to get the work done through a third party...well I can’t vouch for the quality of their work.

Steve Adams

Banned
May 26, 2016
Visit site
I’ve only had one battery replaced but I could not tell the difference afterward. It was flawless. I’m not surprised though considering Apple’s attention to detail. If you were to get the work done through a third party...well I can’t vouch for the quality of their work.

We will only go through an apple store for this for that very reason. Thank you.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Wowsersssss..
Apple’s service is already beyond and above. And it is a know fact that batteries deplete over time. Offering to change them is a service in itself, asking a certain price for that service is their prerogative.

For example: your car dealer charges you money for new tires every few years, doesn’t it? For a price? I rest my case.

Yes every few years. But should people phones be throttled after one year? No. They shouldn’t deplete that fast.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm actually with Leo (Garz) on this one. It should be 29 always. Also my battery has held up VERY well over the almost 2 years (Sept will be 2 years). I was going to do the replacement just so I could say brand new battery when I go to sell it, BUT I'm at 92% capacity! I can't do the replacement in good conscience! lol

Glad I don’t have to knock sense into everybody. With yours 92%, I’m assuming you being a tech person you haven’t been on that phone entirely for 2 years?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes every few years. But should people phones be throttled after one year? No. They shouldn’t deplete that fast.

This again? That’s already asked and answered. Throttling is now a choice instead of something that’s forced on you.

And is there any scientific proof that iPhone batteries are depleting faster than other li-ion batteries? Or are you just saying something?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Glad I don’t have to knock sense into everybody. With yours 92%, I’m assuming you being a tech person you haven’t been on that phone entirely for 2 years?

Sorta, I also carry an Android, and I switch around quite a bit, BUT I think the battery on the 7/7+ is just a good one. I WILL evaluate in September/October, if/when I get the iPhone X2, or whatever they call the follow up. BUT if I'm still in the 90s I'll just sell as is. :)

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I brought my phone in for a battery replacement 2 months back and they saw that my beta was reading at 92%. He told me I would only get 8% improvement in battery life and he pushed back against doing it. He the. Ran a diag that said my Fitbit app kept crashing and reloading causing the battery to possibly deplete faster than normal. He said of deleting the app and rebooting the phone and reinstalling he app does t fix it. Then wipe and start the phone as a new device and not to do a restore from previous backup. I did that and really no change. I’m going to bring it back soon for another attempt now halfway across the country and see if they will just do it for me. I can honestly say it has been since iOS 11 was put on the phone. 10 was much better at battery management I feel.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen