Do you think the 6S can go on for another year as your daily driver?

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
It's almost been 3 years since the 6s launched. Many of us are thinking of upgrading to this year's iphone.
Do you think the 6s can go on for another year as your daily driver? With all the demanding apps and ios features. Or are you going to upgrade for sure.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can the iPhone 6s handle another year in your pocket?

I don't see why the 6s and 6s Plus can't easily go another year. I still use my 6s Plus. All it needs is a new battery. And I might use it another year as my daily driver. I'll be keeping it, regardless of whether I get a new iPhone in September or not.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

It's almost been 3 years since the 6s launched. Many of us are thinking of upgrading to this year's iphone.
Do you think the 6s can go on for another year as your daily driver? With all the demanding apps and ios features. Or are you going to upgrade for sure.

I already upgraded mine in March, but there are people still using the 6 and 6+ right now, and maybe even the 5s. So, sure, it will get by another year, especially after hearing Apple say that iOS 12 will not be a radical change from iOS 11 and bring many new features but will instead feature bug fixes and performance improvements over iOS 11. I've held onto my 6s as a backup, just-in-case device and I suspect it will be fine for that for a couple more years.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

My son still rocks his 6S+ daily and the battery still lasts all day.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I definitely think it would last another year, easily! And my guess is that the 6s and 6s+ will be on the list of supported devices for iOS 12.. and maybe even iOS 13!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Barring any malfunctions or physical damages, any iPhone, whether iPhone 6S or not, can be used as a daily driver for multiple years, in my opinion. Since some of us gets bored with the same device or constantly want the latest and greatest, we tend to not keep the device that long.

Last edited:

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
We bought my son the 6s Plus this past XMas. It's his first iPhone, and I've never seen him take better care of his phone. He loves it.

Having said that, iPhones are built to last. Apple is still supporting the 5s that came out in 2013, so I would guess the 6s has at least two more years if not three. It's still a very solid phone and I don't see why anyone couldn't use it as their daily driver well past 2020.

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Barring any malfunctions or physical damages, any iPhone, whether iPhone 6S or not, can be used as a daily driver for multiple years, in my opinion. Since some of us gets bored with the same device or constantly want the latest and greatest, we tend to not keep the device that long.

Agreed. However the camera has been out performed by many mid range androids now ( obviously since its been 2 years). The battery life is horrible even after replacement. Such things bother me atleast.

I love my 6s. Been the best purchase and I have owned quite a few phones! But I feel for a "hassle free" experience, this is probably the last year before it starts behaving like the 6.
That being said, ios 12 looks promising and I hope my phone shopping doesn't burn hole in my pocket this year!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. However the camera has been out performed by many mid range androids now ( obviously since its been 2 years). The battery life is horrible even after replacement. Such things bother me atleast.

I love my 6s. Been the best purchase and I have owned quite a few phones! But I feel for a "hassle free" experience, this is probably the last year before it starts behaving like the 6.
That being said, ios 12 looks promising and I hope my phone shopping doesn't burn hole in my pocket this year!

I understand.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
My wife still uses her 6s running 12.1 and it performing just fine and thinking she can get another 2 years from it .

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
My wife still uses her 6s running 12.1 and it performing just fine and thinking she can get another 2 years from it .

Excellent ! in truth iPhones stay good until they will not update any more, and they are still useable devices after that.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Agree with everyone who says absolutely. I think keeping it at least until it's no longer eligible for updates is a good plan, and you could probably keep it longer than that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2