Old Mobile Nations, member new to iMore

PAC757

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello all, I've been around Mobil Nations websites for a while, never really spent much time on imore, mostly been using Android phones for years. But today at work they told us we're switching to all iPhones, and the are going to be 6s's. Don't have a clue, never used an iPhone. I did search the Apple App Store and found every app I use regularly, but I decided to start reading through the 6s forums here and old reviews from when the 6s was new and it appears that the battery life on the 6s is pretty bad. I will be using this for work, not in an office, out doing field service calls, a lot of emails, texts and phone calls in mixed good and bad signal areas. Is the battery life as bad as it appears to be reading reviews and hearing from users? Thanks for any input you can give me.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! The battery life shouldn’t be horrendous, but with a lot of phones calls in areas where signal isn’t great, I would recommend getting a battery case or having an external battery with you. I had a 6S for a while and I wasn’t too impressed with the battery, I did have to charge a couple times a day, but I am a heavy user. I’m sure some others will chime in with their experiences as well.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore! I recently upgraded from a 6s, only because I wanted the 8 Plus. The 6s is a great device. Metllicamilitia wisely suggested a battery case and a power bank. I’d like to add a car charger to the list!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I have a 6S that I bought new just over a year ago. The 6S is a great device. My battery wear level is 13%. I don’t really have problem with the battery.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The Apple Smart Battery case is my everyday case: https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...mUvbUpU3037955%26subId2%3Dvbim&token=Y_hWMLSi

I don't worry about battery at all. If you find that the battery won't last long enough, I recommend it, particularly because it is the only battery case I know of that has a lighting connector, so plugging in is always with the same cable, and it always drains the case's battery before it starts using the phone's battery.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, I've been around Mobil Nations websites for a while, never really spent much time on imore, mostly been using Android phones for years. But today at work they told us we're switching to all iPhones, and the are going to be 6s's. Don't have a clue, never used an iPhone. I did search the Apple App Store and found every app I use regularly, but I decided to start reading through the 6s forums here and old reviews from when the 6s was new and it appears that the battery life on the 6s is pretty bad. I will be using this for work, not in an office, out doing field service calls, a lot of emails, texts and phone calls in mixed good and bad signal areas. Is the battery life as bad as it appears to be reading reviews and hearing from users? Thanks for any input you can give me.

When I’m had an iPhone 6S/6S Plus, my battery life was great, but I’ve always had excellent battery life with my iPhones. With that being said, I’ve never used an iPhone 6S/6S Plus running iOS 11 so personally, I don’t know if it’s bad or not. If the company will be buying iPhone 6S devices in bulk, I’m sure that they will come with new batteries or at least be good enough to get you through your shift, depending on your usage.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore the 6s is a great device and even on iOS 11 battery is adequate of course it depends on how you use it and set it up ,good luck .

PAC757

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank you everyone for the welcome and the replies. I already have a car charger and a battery pack laying around someplace, the Apple battery case seems the way to go if your going to use one, I like that it uses the case first and that it shows both battery levels on the screen. Just seems a little bit over priced. Thanks again for your input and the kind welcome

PAC757

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Oh one more thing, cables, it seems that the Apple lighting cables are pretty thin, and short, I guess I'll invest in a few Anker powerline cables, they took a lot of abuse on my other phones.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh one more thing, cables, it seems that the Apple lighting cables are pretty thin, and short, I guess I'll invest in a few Anker powerline cables, they took a lot of abuse on my other phones.

Keep an eye on them. It's true that Apple's cables have a tendency to break down quickly, but one of the Anker replacement braided cables that I bought showed some blackening between the contacts, an indication to me that they could have been shorting out. I'd say go for it, just keep an eye on them. (I have four Anker cables connected to a charging block in the house so we can all charge at a central station - mostly iPads overnight - and they remain all fine, but the one that I noticed having issues was in my car.)

Yes, the battery case is a little expensive for what it is, but I have been using mine for 25 months now, so it's been a good investment for me. At this point now it's draining faster I believe due to degradation, but when I use the phone without the case (which I do every Sunday, just to exercise the battery a bit), the battery is still working great, which is what I was hoping would happen with the case. It's a little heavy, but pretty well balanced.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been using my 6s since the release date. I have t had any real issues with the battery. I charge mine too much so I do need a new battery but apple is charging $29 for it so that's cheap enough. New though, the battery was very good for the size of the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2