How is your new iPhone 6S performing with the iOS 11 update?

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi, how does your 6s hold up with the new ios 11 update? Is it ok? For me, man that battery life is a joke. If it weren't for the smart battery case, I would have been charging 4 times a day owing to my medium to heavy use. I get 7-8hrs of SOT ( 5-6 hrs on the case. Only about 2 hrs on the iPhone!!) also the frame drops are driving me nuts!

Are you facing it too?Please share your experience.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Ios 11 on iphone 6s

Battery is a little worse than iOS 10. (it was quite worse the first week, but settled down after that). I also use the smart battery case, but I’m ending up the day just a little worse than with 10.

I haven’t noticed anything like frame drops. I’ve seen a few weird bugs; notification tiles with text that wraps below the bottom of the tile, for example. iTunes sync was so bad that I finally gave up and switched to iTunes Match. I’m looking forward to iOS 11.1. And, whichever phone I have next year (I’ll have upgraded from the 6s to an 8 or a X by then), I’m thinking waiting until 12.1 will be smart, too...

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Ios 11 on iphone 6s

I got a popup about it two days ago. No thanks, I'm sticking with iOS 10.3.3 on my 6s! I've been toying with the idea of updating on my 7, though, but I'm still unsure. There are things about iOS 11 I'm really not liking, especially the fact that certain apps won't work with it (and I do have several that I learned would not work on iOS 11).

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site

I got a popup about it two days ago. No thanks, I'm sticking with iOS 10.3.3 on my 6s! I've been toying with the idea of updating on my 7, though, but I'm still unsure. There are things about iOS 11 I'm really not liking, especially the fact that certain apps won't work with it (and I do have several that I learned would not work on iOS 11).

Ios 11.1 is out and it seems to be alright. Most of the bugs are fixed... Battery life seems to have improved. It's just been a day so it might not be accurate, but so far so good.

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

I’ll wait to give my opinion after a couple of days. I go from taking it off the charger at 7am and then I maybe down to 30ish per cent by 6pm.

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site

I’ll wait to give my opinion after a couple of days. I go from taking it off the charger at 7am and then I maybe down to 30ish per cent by 6pm.

This u get on the regular 6s? If so, you are getting excellent battery life. My phone on its own (without the smart battery case) will go from 6am to say probably 12 noon with mixed usage. I'll have to charge then.

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site

Not bad so far. I skipped 11.1.2, something told me too, avoided the issues with it and am using 11.2.

No issues as of yet. Am satisfied. Only thing is, don't know if it's an os or hardware issue but people tell me my voice sounds muffled on phone calls.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

I have been sticking with 10.2 on mine. I may update the iPad to 11 but I haven't heard good things So im sticking back and waiting to see or hear of a better version to drop.

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

My phone has had increasing amounts of glitches where the screen becomes non responsive. It started about two weeks and has gotten worse. I've reset the device but so far nothing has helped. The amount of glitches I'm experiencing is driving me nuts.

Wags14

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

I have an IPhone 6s running 11.2.5 beta. The phone is about 2 years old and battery has seen better days. I downloaded and ran Geekbench 4 to check system and battery performance. The overall system was running about 50% although CPU was at max. Instead of waiting for Apple to replace battery, I purchased and installed one myself. It is as if I have a New phone. Complete system run at or above standard.

For those who are having battery and performance issues, I would strongly suggest a new battery

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

I have an IPhone 6s running 11.2.5 beta. The phone is about 2 years old and battery has seen better days. I downloaded and ran Geekbench 4 to check system and battery performance. The overall system was running about 50% although CPU was at max. Instead of waiting for Apple to replace battery, I purchased and installed one myself. It is as if I have a New phone. Complete system run at or above standard.

For those who are having battery and performance issues, I would strongly suggest a new battery

You didn't take advantage of apples cheap battery replacement?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

I would have but the nearest Apple store is one hour away and I wili possibly upgrade in a few months.

I would say before you upgrade, change the battery out. The $29 may make you a little more money in the sale of the phone.

Wags14

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

I would say before you upgrade, change the battery out. The $29 may make you a little more money in the sale of the phone.

I chose to purchase a non OEM battery and replaced it myself. I am more than happy with the performance of the battery that I purchased for 25.00. It took me 45 minutes to replace which was much less than the time waiting for Apple techs.

Just waiting now for Apple to run a huge sale on the inventory that they are having trouble selling.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods