Hello! Most of us have had their 6s for around 2 years now. Are you planning to upgrade to the latest from Apple? Or are you happy with your phone and hold off for another year?

Me personally will be holding of for another year because the 6s is still plenty powerful and ios11 will give it breath of fresh air.
    Not much of a photographer so the improvements although pretty significant won't entice me to upgrade.

Will wait for 2018.
    09-14-2017 10:27 PM
    My 6s Plus is working just fine, my daily is the 7 Plus and I’ll be getting the X
    09-14-2017 11:35 PM
    I'm holding on to my 6s until next spring, when I'll have had plenty of time to see how good or bad the X is. If the new functionality isn't problematic, I'll probably get the X then. If not, I'll get the 8.

It's really just the cameras on the X that make it better than the 8 for me. I'd be fine with the home button; I definitely will never get a phone as large as the Plus.
    09-15-2017 05:43 AM
    Well, I ordered my iPhone 8 this morning........and it’s supposed to be here a week from today. We’ll see.
    Rev17, TripleOne and Sherry_B like this.
    09-15-2017 06:59 AM
    Well, I ordered my iPhone 8 this morning........and it’s supposed to be here a week from today. We’ll see.
    Congratulations!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-15-2017 07:23 PM
    I really like my 6s ... but this year I'm going to make the jump to the 8 plus.
    Rev17 and libra89 like this.
    09-15-2017 07:47 PM
    8 plus space gray ordered....hopefully it’ll be here 21st or 22nd like it says
    Rev17 and Sherry_B like this.
    09-15-2017 07:49 PM
    Congratulations!
    Thank you, sir...
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-15-2017 07:52 PM
    Honestly, the bling and shiny new gadget appeal aside, does it warrant an upgrade??

I although wanting a 8plus myself can't seem to get around to justifying the upgrade from the 6s. Camera and Battery life aside ( use a smart battery case anyway).
    09-15-2017 10:34 PM
    8 plus space gray ordered....hopefully it’ll be here 21st or 22nd like it says
    Ohh congrats. Do share your experience with us. Would help the others make a decision!
    ravenseb likes this.
    09-15-2017 10:35 PM
    Just order a couple minutes ago for in store pickup on Sept 22 .. 8+ gold 256gb
    09-15-2017 11:24 PM
    Five words...."Is it October 27th yet?"
    09-16-2017 10:48 AM
    Ohh congrats. Do share your experience with us. Would help the others make a decision!
    Thank you
    09-16-2017 08:33 PM
    I really like my 6s ... but this year I'm going to make the jump to the 8 plus.
    Ooh why are you deciding to go bigger? I would have guessed that you would go for the regular 8.
    09-16-2017 10:25 PM
    Ooh why are you deciding to go bigger? I would have guessed that you would go for the regular 8.
    Maybe for the better battery life and dual cameras. I absolutely hate the battery life on my 6s. Have to rely on battery case or battery packs to get through the day.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-17-2017 02:45 AM
    Maybe for the better battery life and dual cameras. I absolutely hate the battery life on my 6s. Have to rely on battery case or battery packs to get through the day.
    The battery life on the Plus model is always on point
    libra89 likes this.
    09-17-2017 03:29 AM
    Just want more screen real estate. I thought of the regular 8 though. Actually entertained the idea of getting the X as the size would be close to ideal for me. My G6 is near perfect (and it looks like the V30 will be ever so close the the size of the G6..plus lighter and a bit thinner).

After viewing and reading about the X (and the corresponding $$$$) I thought maybe I'll wait til the next iteration of it. I'm not comfortable spending that amount for a whole new design and yada yada (first release). Just like I'm now also waiting to see what the next round of Pixels will be like (didn't buy first year model then) ... so --- looks like it could be a good Christmas this year for me lol.

I did handle a 6 plus that a coworker has to see how it handled in my hands. It is a fairly big phone --- but I think I'll be able to handle it ok. The 8 plus is about a 1/4 inch taller than my 950XL ... but a tiny but narrower.

I think I'll manage it ok ... will see for sure once I'm using everyday.

When using my 6S I found myself wanting for a larger display.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-17-2017 04:26 PM
    Just want more screen real estate. I thought of the regular 8 though. Actually entertained the idea of getting the X as the size would be close to ideal for me. My G6 is near perfect (and it looks like the V30 will be ever so close the the size of the G6..plus lighter and a bit thinner).

After viewing and reading about the X (and the corresponding $$$$) I thought maybe I'll wait til the next iteration of it. I'm not comfortable spending that amount for a whole new design and yada yada (first release). Just like I'm now also waiting to see what the next round of Pixels will be like (didn't buy first year model then) ... so --- looks like it could be a good Christmas this year for me lol.

I did handle a 6 plus that a coworker has to see how it handled in my hands. It is a fairly big phone --- but I think I'll be able to handle it ok. The 8 plus is about a 1/4 inch taller than my 950XL ... but a tiny but narrower.

Ah okay. I can totally understand that. Sounds like the size can work out well for you. I'll be looking forward to your impressions.
    mark233 likes this.
    09-17-2017 05:45 PM

I think you’ll get used to the size.
    The battery life, cameras, and the display is worth it
    mark233 likes this.
    09-17-2017 06:09 PM

You don't really get that much more screen real estate with the X as opposed to the 8. That 5.8 diagonal measurement is steep. They have the same aspect ratio width and are both 375 points across. The X is taller. After using the Plus size 2 years, I would prefer the 8 Plus for size. It's wider.
    mark233 likes this.
    09-17-2017 06:24 PM
    ok ... sold my 6s today. Maybe new 8 plus by next Monday.
    09-22-2017 05:52 PM
    I used my Rose Gold 6s 64GB as a trade-in tonight and bought myself the Gold 8 Plus 256GB. So far I'm loving it! Gonna have to get use to no headphone jack, and the Home button is not as depressed in on the 8 like it is on the 6s, so it's kind of hard to tell if my fingertip is actually on the button or not.

The gold 8 color does not look gold to me. It looks kind of like a pastel pink gold with a very light cream color on the back. It's quite stunning.
    doogald, Annie_8plus and libra89 like this.
    09-22-2017 11:43 PM
    Yes, I’m planning on upgrading around Christmas, probably to the 8+
    09-23-2017 12:02 PM
    I used my Rose Gold 6s 64GB as a trade-in tonight and bought myself the Gold 8 Plus 256GB. So far I'm loving it! Gonna have to get use to no headphone jack, and the Home button is not as depressed in on the 8 like it is on the 6s, so it's kind of hard to tell if my fingertip is actually on the button or not.

The gold 8 color does not look gold to me. It looks kind of like a pastel pink gold with a very light cream color on the back. It's quite stunning.
    Congrats on your new phone! Please do share the experience. Performance wise and also if there is any significant difference in display quality compared to 6s.

I am still on the fence whether I should upgrade, although honestly it's a matter of "want" and not "need". My 6s I'd perfect to work another year.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    09-24-2017 09:27 PM
    Nope, I’ll stick with my 7+ and wait for X2
    09-26-2017 11:56 AM
33 12