Upgrading to the iPhone 8 / plus or the X???

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello! Most of us have had their 6s for around 2 years now. Are you planning to upgrade to the latest from Apple? Or are you happy with your phone and hold off for another year?

Me personally will be holding of for another year because the 6s is still plenty powerful and ios11 will give it breath of fresh air.
Not much of a photographer so the improvements although pretty significant won't entice me to upgrade.

Will wait for 2018.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm holding on to my 6s until next spring, when I'll have had plenty of time to see how good or bad the X is. If the new functionality isn't problematic, I'll probably get the X then. If not, I'll get the 8.

It's really just the cameras on the X that make it better than the 8 for me. I'd be fine with the home button; I definitely will never get a phone as large as the Plus.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I ordered my iPhone 8 this morning........and it’s supposed to be here a week from today. We’ll see.

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Honestly, the bling and shiny new gadget appeal aside, does it warrant an upgrade??

I although wanting a 8plus myself can't seem to get around to justifying the upgrade from the 6s. Camera and Battery life aside ( use a smart battery case anyway).

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Ooh why are you deciding to go bigger? I would have guessed that you would go for the regular 8.

Maybe for the better battery life and dual cameras. I absolutely hate the battery life on my 6s. Have to rely on battery case or battery packs to get through the day.

mark233

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Ooh why are you deciding to go bigger? I would have guessed that you would go for the regular 8.

Just want more screen real estate. I thought of the regular 8 though. Actually entertained the idea of getting the X as the size would be close to ideal for me. My G6 is near perfect (and it looks like the V30 will be ever so close the the size of the G6..plus lighter and a bit thinner).

After viewing and reading about the X (and the corresponding $$$$) I thought maybe I'll wait til the next iteration of it. I'm not comfortable spending that amount for a whole new design and yada yada (first release). Just like I'm now also waiting to see what the next round of Pixels will be like (didn't buy first year model then) ... so --- looks like it could be a good Christmas this year for me lol.

I did handle a 6 plus that a coworker has to see how it handled in my hands. It is a fairly big phone --- but I think I'll be able to handle it ok. The 8 plus is about a 1/4 inch taller than my 950XL ... but a tiny but narrower.

I think I'll manage it ok ... will see for sure once I'm using everyday.

When using my 6S I found myself wanting for a larger display.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Just want more screen real estate. I thought of the regular 8 though. Actually entertained the idea of getting the X as the size would be close to ideal for me. My G6 is near perfect (and it looks like the V30 will be ever so close the the size of the G6..plus lighter and a bit thinner).

After viewing and reading about the X (and the corresponding $$$$) I thought maybe I'll wait til the next iteration of it. I'm not comfortable spending that amount for a whole new design and yada yada (first release). Just like I'm now also waiting to see what the next round of Pixels will be like (didn't buy first year model then) ... so --- looks like it could be a good Christmas this year for me lol.

I did handle a 6 plus that a coworker has to see how it handled in my hands. It is a fairly big phone --- but I think I'll be able to handle it ok. The 8 plus is about a 1/4 inch taller than my 950XL ... but a tiny but narrower.

Ah okay. I can totally understand that. Sounds like the size can work out well for you. I'll be looking forward to your impressions.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I think you’ll get used to the size.
The battery life, cameras, and the display is worth it

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You don't really get that much more screen real estate with the X as opposed to the 8. That 5.8 diagonal measurement is steep. They have the same aspect ratio width and are both 375 points across. The X is taller. After using the Plus size 2 years, I would prefer the 8 Plus for size. It's wider.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR