For the last couple of days my iPhone 6s has been shutting off at fairly high percentages (14% yesterday, 18% today). When I try to turn it back on, sometimes it will give me the low battery symbol, but other times it will turn back on. However, even if it does, it shuts off again very quickly.
    more: yaris 2017
    Even before this started happening, I suspected something might be wrong with the battery because I would only average about 6 hours of battery life with normal usage, while a lot of people on this forum seem to be getting 7-8 hours. Additionally, I've had some weird problems with charging. Sometimes my phone would seem to be charging very slowly, so I would reset the phone and when it turned back on, it would be at a higher percentage than before (around 10% more). There doesn't seem to be any major problem with the discharging rate though.

Just a bit of background in case it might be relevant: When I first got my 6s, I restored from a backup of my old iPhone, but was encountering a bug with Siri so I restored as new. Even with this restore, like I mentioned before, my battery life has been somewhat suspect. Do you guys think that I have a problem with the battery, or should I just restore as new again? I'm somewhat reluctant because I have some saved game data that I don't want to lose, but if this is just a firmware glitch, I'll have to do it.
    Tags: hyundai 1.9 tan, vios 2017
    Last edited by doomsmith1212; 07-17-2017 at 05:32 AM.
    07-14-2017 06:34 AM
    The problem could be a faulty battery or it could be a corrupted setting or OS. If it were me, I’d do a clean install of iOS and then set it up as new. Afterwards, I’d see how the battery issue plays out. If it improves then the problem is resolved. If it does the same as before then it’s more than likely a faulty battery or faulty charging mechanism of which a trip to the nearest Apple Store is warranted.
    07-14-2017 06:47 AM
    Apple will tell you to reset as new. Good thing is they can plug your phone in and look at diagnostic logs etc!
    07-14-2017 07:08 AM
    Sounds like your battery is waning. You'll either need a new battery soon or upgrade the phone. For now, try charging the battery at 40% or higher to avoid it shutting down.
    comiken205 likes this.
    07-14-2017 07:09 AM
    Did you buy the iPhone 6s at launch time? If so, there was a battery recall announced last December. If the phone is eligible, Apple will replace the battery at no charge, though they may have to order the part.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone...ectedshutdown/

You can check that site to see if your phone is eligible. Even if the phone is not eligible, Apple can replace the battery for a fee of $79. See https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/battery-power
    07-14-2017 10:13 AM
    If you plan to upgrade in September, I would hold off buying a new battery. It should last until you upgrade. But that's up to you and your plans.
    07-14-2017 10:48 AM
    Check if your iPhone is one of the 6s models that's eligible for the battery replacement program. Mine wasn't shutting down prematurely, but I learned it was eligible for the program, so I got my battery replaced in February. It's definitely worth looking into.
    07-17-2017 07:37 PM