My 5 months old 6s showing 14% wear level

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My 6S is nine months old and those apps show my battery still at 99% so I'm not sure how accurate they are. My battery does still last like it did new though

Exactly. I have used them on a brand new phone and depending on the type of day the numbers varied. Uninstalled.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. I have used them on a brand new phone and depending on the type of day the numbers varied. Uninstalled.

The developer of Battery Health, which no longer works, told me Apple no longer allows that info for developers. That includes cycles and % health. So not sure where these apps get the data. He says they're fudging.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
True story. I’m in the Netherlands and the same rules apply here too. Batteries don’t get replaced, even if you’re willing to pay, unless it meets the criteria.
You should be thankful. If the battery is gonna reach the replacement criteria in another 6 months, this means that you can use your new battery 6 months longer. They saved you money.

And great, thanks, now I WANT A CINNABON.

I wish we still had Cinnabon here. I have to drive 2 1/2 hours to the nearest Apple Store and still no Cinnabon, but there is a decent coffee place.

BoneCollecter

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
I suggest you to check your battery health through coconut battery apps which works on Mac. It's highly accurate and takes live reading of your battery.
Apple has disabled the battery cycle and wear level information on ios 10,so no third party battery app can read acutal reading. The result they actually show now is mostly like not accurate.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I suggest you to check your battery health through coconut battery apps which works on Mac. It's highly accurate and takes live reading of your battery.
Apple has disabled the battery cycle and wear level information on ios 10,so no third party battery app can read acutal reading. The result they actually show now is mostly like not accurate.

If true, I find this very interesting, if not unexpected !!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If true, I find this very interesting, if not unexpected !!

Email I got last year from the dev of Battery Health. Battery Health showed cycles and % health. His app was pulled from the App Store. He wasn't happy about Apple not allowing that data anymore.

54fb9c800d315174f02f1c01ac79fda1.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit