Does this indicate a legitimate virus and should I be worried...

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
This popped up on my wife's phone.
183cc0ae7a17d9f674a0ddb33fa4e18c.png

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Well that is an unsettling surprise for sure! I don't think iPhones can get viruses, but if you live near an Apple Store, I'd take her phone in and see what they have to say.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I just realized it was something that popped up while she was surfing the web so I'm not really that worried now. I'll just have her clear her cache and I'm sure it will be fine.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
This looks like a pop up ad in Safari. I would almost bet if you clicked on it, that it would ask you to pay for an app to clear your phone of the viruses or ask you to contact someone at a phone number to give you help to clear it.

My suggestion is to go into Settings>Safari>Clear History and Website Data. Click on it and clear the history. This should stop the pop up.

That is if it came from Safari. Hope this helps. Also make sure the phone is fully updated to the most recent IOS. Thanks.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
This looks like a pop up ad in Safari. I would almost bet if you clicked on it, that it would ask you to pay for an app to clear your phone of the viruses or ask you to contact someone at a phone number to give you help to clear it.

My suggestion is to go into Settings>Safari>Clear History and Website Data. Click on it and clear the history. This should stop the pop up.

That is if it came from Safari. Hope this helps. Also make sure the phone is fully updated to the most recent IOS. Thanks.

Best advice right here. ^ Sometimes that type of popup can be pretty nasty and will load from your browser history, so simply closing it does not stop it from popping up again.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR