Screen freezes

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Message history, both iMessage and text/SMS. If you receive Messages in the day or two you are running before you restore your backup, and then you reset and restore a backup from a couple of days ago, you will have lost the messages that you received between the backup and the restore. At least in my experience.

Ah, well yeah. You'd lose those. Am I the only person who deletes messages once the conversation is over? I never keep those.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ah, well yeah. You'd lose those. Am I the only person who deletes messages once the conversation is over? I never keep those.

I do sometimes.... most I just leave. You can set them to delete at 30 days, 1 year, or keep forever.... 30 days is enough for me :)

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I do sometimes.... most I just leave. You can set them to delete at 30 days, 1 year, or keep forever.... 30 days is enough for me :)

We had that option with Android, too. But I've always just deleted the entire conversation when we're done chatting. Drives me nuts to leave them just sitting there lol. I keep my phone logs clear too.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I had mine set for 30 days. Then I noticed my threads would vanish when I tapped "Delete all" in the upper left corner. I switched back to "forever", and my threads came back. So, to keep threads, you have to set to forever. Then you can delete all messages by tapping "Delete all" in the upper left corner. And the thread stays in place. Press a bubble, choose "more". Tap delete all.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
In most doing a backup with iTunes and reseting the phone and then restoring the backup solves most of the issues.

Cheers

GlowingBlue

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I would contact a Apple support and have them walk you through troubleshooting steps.

I imagine it's going involve restoring your iPhone at least one so remember to backup!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've done it several times. It's flawless, takes half an hour and does wonders in terms of performance and storage savings.

But the freeze only occurs about twice a week. Press the power button. Open phone. I'm convinced this issue is connected to the "Raise to wake" feature. A restore may or may not fix it. But it's still not worth the trouble of restoring as new. The last time I restored as new it took me 3 days to get set back up. Restoring from a back up most likely won't work.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Quick question Led, why exactly would it take you three days to set it up? Generally curious here.

I have a lot of stuff. Many log ins, including 4 Facebook accounts, 5 Twitter accounts, and more. And my Launcher widgets take a while to set back up. One day if I worked on it non stop. I have to "restore purchase" in a lot of apps. It's a lot to do. Maybe I just have too much. LOL

MichaelLinder

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I'm convinced this issue is connected to the "Raise to wake" feature.

I'm afraid that it's not. I have the same issue with my iPad Pro — and iPads as of this date do not have, never have had, the Raise to Wake feature.

It's amazing how people who have not endured or corrected such issues offer so many remedies, and with such absolute certainty. Ledsteplin is right; the cure can indeed be worse than the ailment, especially when the prescription isn't a cure at all. And nothing, it seems, cures the vanity of know-it-alls. Costs next to nothing to throw two cents at the troubles of others.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm afraid that it's not. I have the same issue with my iPad Pro — and iPads as of this date do not have, never have had, the Raise to Wake feature.

It's amazing how people who have not endured or corrected such issues offer so many remedies, and with such absolute certainty. Ledsteplin is right; the cure can indeed be worse than the ailment, especially when the prescription isn't a cure at all. And nothing, it seems, cures the vanity of know-it-alls. Costs next to nothing to throw two cents at the troubles of others.

I said that because the freeze happens when I lay the phone back where it's upside down, then when I raise it up, it's frozen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox