...Am I the only person who deletes messages once the conversation is over? I never keep those.
    No, you are not. I have no interest in keeping text messages once the conversation is over.
    Tartarus and Sherry_B like this.
    01-04-2017 05:52 PM
    ...Drives me nuts to leave them just sitting there lol. I keep my phone logs clear too.
    (Laughing)...me, too...
    Tartarus and Sherry_B like this.
    01-04-2017 05:53 PM
    In most doing a backup with iTunes and reseting the phone and then restoring the backup solves most of the issues.

Cheers
    01-08-2017 05:45 AM
    In most doing a backup with iTunes and reseting the phone and then restoring the backup solves most of the issues.

Cheers
    Maybe. But in my case it's more trouble than it's worth.
    01-08-2017 09:44 AM
    Maybe. But in my case it's more trouble than it's worth.
    I've done it several times. It's flawless, takes half an hour and does wonders in terms of performance and storage savings.
    01-08-2017 10:06 AM
    I would contact a Apple support and have them walk you through troubleshooting steps.

I imagine it's going involve restoring your iPhone at least one so remember to backup!!
    01-08-2017 02:06 PM
    I would contact a Apple support and have them walk you through troubleshooting steps.

I imagine it's going involve restoring your iPhone at least one so remember to backup!!
    That's a great advice.
    01-10-2017 06:43 AM
    I've done it several times. It's flawless, takes half an hour and does wonders in terms of performance and storage savings.
    But the freeze only occurs about twice a week. Press the power button. Open phone. I'm convinced this issue is connected to the "Raise to wake" feature. A restore may or may not fix it. But it's still not worth the trouble of restoring as new. The last time I restored as new it took me 3 days to get set back up. Restoring from a back up most likely won't work.
    01-10-2017 07:45 AM
    Quick question Led, why exactly would it take you three days to set it up? Generally curious here.
    01-10-2017 08:24 AM
    Quick question Led, why exactly would it take you three days to set it up? Generally curious here.
    I have a lot of stuff. Many log ins, including 4 Facebook accounts, 5 Twitter accounts, and more. And my Launcher widgets take a while to set back up. One day if I worked on it non stop. I have to "restore purchase" in a lot of apps. It's a lot to do. Maybe I just have too much. LOL
    01-10-2017 09:13 AM
    I'm convinced this issue is connected to the "Raise to wake" feature.
    I'm afraid that it's not. I have the same issue with my iPad Pro — and iPads as of this date do not have, never have had, the Raise to Wake feature.

It's amazing how people who have not endured or corrected such issues offer so many remedies, and with such absolute certainty. Ledsteplin is right; the cure can indeed be worse than the ailment, especially when the prescription isn't a cure at all. And nothing, it seems, cures the vanity of know-it-alls. Costs next to nothing to throw two cents at the troubles of others.
    01-14-2017 10:51 PM
    I'm afraid that it's not. I have the same issue with my iPad Pro — and iPads as of this date do not have, never have had, the Raise to Wake feature.

It's amazing how people who have not endured or corrected such issues offer so many remedies, and with such absolute certainty. Ledsteplin is right; the cure can indeed be worse than the ailment, especially when the prescription isn't a cure at all. And nothing, it seems, cures the vanity of know-it-alls. Costs next to nothing to throw two cents at the troubles of others.
    I said that because the freeze happens when I lay the phone back where it's upside down, then when I raise it up, it's frozen.
    01-15-2017 08:44 AM
37 12