iPhone 6s turning off at 10-20%

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a 6s that is NOT eligible for the battery replacement that does sometimes perform very erratically on the battery front. Took it for analysis at the Apple Store, they said it past the tests and wasn't eligible for a battery replacement under warranty but it would no doubt fail the test within the warranty period as it's close now and then they'd be able to replace the battery.

I will be making another appointment closer to the end of the first year to get it looked at again.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh, boy... That's not good. Mine still has yet to do that. The lowest my battery has gone recently was around 24%. I've been so reluctant to do anything so far since all has been well. I've had my 6s for just shy of 16 months as well.

No need to be reluctant! if it qualifies, get it replaced :)

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Since my serial number indicates it qualifies for replacement, will they test the battery or just replace it?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Since my serial number indicates it qualifies for replacement, will they test the battery or just replace it?

When I brought my phone in, they ran all of the tests. He said it wasn't indicating any problems at the time, but they still did the replacement.

Dan_M

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I've had this problem before. I mounted it to my bike trying to get directions to some food. The weather was really cold so I don't know if that did something to it, the cold air beating against it in high wind. However I haven't had this problem anymore as I usually know where I'm going and don't need navigation. I've mounted previous android phones and never had this problem. My iphone 6s battery would be 80% then DEAD after a few minutes of riding.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2