Apple Pay Not Working on iPhone 6s Running iOS 10.0.2

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
So, my situation is exactly as it says in the title of this thread. Earlier this week, I was grocery shopping at a store where I've used Apple Pay before without issue back when my iPhone 6s was running iOS 9.3.5. I tried using it twice, but it didn't work. I went shopping again at Trader Joe's and have used Apple Pay there nearly every time I've shopped there since my bank was added to the feature. Again, it didn't work. I tried the workaround I read the other day when I Googled about this problem (went to Accessibility and changed the way to unlock the screen). It still didn't work.

Is anyone else having this issue with their iPhone 6s running iOS 10? Has anyone found a solution for this?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
My ApplePay works fine with iOS 10.0.2. Haven't noticed anything weird and I have used it at various locations and supermarkets.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I also use ApplePay on 6s. Not had any issues with it since 10 hit, and am now on 10.1 beta 2 (or 3, I can't recall.).

Have you tried doing a backup, then factory reset, then restore from backup? If there's any corrupt files then a reset should fix it.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I also use ApplePay on 6s. Not had any issues with it since 10 hit, and am now on 10.1 beta 2 (or 3, I can't recall.).

Have you tried doing a backup, then factory reset, then restore from backup? If there's any corrupt files then a reset should fix it.

No, I didn't factory reset and restore from backup. However, I think I might have found the solution last night, shortly after I posted this thread. Apparently, you have to have the Double-Click Home Button option on in the Wallet settings? I didn't have it on so I enabled it last night. I'll check whether it works next time I try to use Apple Pay. If it doesn't, then I'll have to to the factory reset/restore. Thanks!

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
No, I didn't factory reset and restore from backup. However, I think I might have found the solution last night, shortly after I posted this thread. Apparently, you have to have the Double-Click Home Button option on in the Wallet settings? I didn't have it on so I enabled it last night. I'll check whether it works next time I try to use Apple Pay. If it doesn't, then I'll have to to the factory reset/restore. Thanks!

In fact, it's double click from the lockscreen. Otherwise, if the Wallet app is open, just hold a registered finger on the Home button.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
In fact, it's double click from the lockscreen. Otherwise, if the Wallet app is open, just hold a registered finger on the Home button.

Okay, the double clicking is something I definitely haven't done so far. I tried using Apple Pay at Panera this afternoon, but it didn't work. I don't remember if I actually opened the Wallet app, though. Ugh. This is my one and only frustration with iOS 10.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I finally solved my problem yesterday and felt like such a dummy when I realized why Apple Pay was no longer working on my phone. It had nothing to do with iOS 10; it was just coincidental that I updated to iOS 10 on October 1st and then all this month when I tried using Apple Pay, it refused to work. Last night, I decided to delete and then re-add my card rather than just do a restore. When I was prompted to add my card's security code, that's when it hit me - d'oh! :p My old card expired in September and although I'd updated everything for automatic payments online, I'd completely forgotten to update my info on my iPhone for Apple Pay! Boy, did I feel silly.

I confirmed this earlier by doing some grocery shopping. I was able to pay using Apple Pay without a hitch. :rotfl: Thanks again to everyone who replied and tried to help! :yes:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2