A good experience

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone history includes a 6+ and now a 6s. Used the 6+ for about 6 or 7 months then a couple of android phablets before growing tired of the larger size and pocketing annoyances. I am not married to any particular OS as I have tried them all over the years and switch out for variety.

After returning to Android for a year or two I decided to try a 6s. It's hard, if not impossible to find a good quality Android device in this size category. I find I really like the smaller size as it is so much easier to deal with.

Some things that amaze me about the 6s: Build quality is excellent! Battery life is unbelievable. The size of the battery in relation to the amount of SOT is nothing short of phenomenal. RF is stronger than on my 3 previous androids, another nice plus. The smoothness of the UI is better than any Android I've used in certain aspects. For instance, when inputing text on a web site I pinch out to enlarge and it is smooth as silk. With all my Androids a pinch out causes the screen to jerk as it reconfigures. You get used to pausing before starting your text inputing because the screen is going to jump on you. A little thing but a pleasure to have that annoyance gone.

The only thing I really don't like is Apples insistence on not letting the user put icons where they want. So far it's the only thing I miss. I have no idea why they restrict this. A simple thing. How many of us put a pic of a a fave thing only to have it covered by icons. I get around this somewhat by editing(cropping) the wallpaper and using folders and a second screen but still find this lock down annoying.
I like the 6s , got it used, so was a year old, but came with an apple battery case which I was glad to have going in, considering the small battery, but haven't needed it once yet! Win!
Really like OS10. The 6+ when I had it didn't have the very cool slide out widget page. I find that really helpful as well as the camera launch from the lock screen. Nice touches. Also prefer the real home button after trying a 7 in the store.
I'm actually finding a little smoother and definitely snappier experience over the 6+ just doing everyday things and I'm kind of wondering if the extra gig of RAM is helping out with this. Could be.
Pleased with my decision to pick up a 6s.
I'll always be an Android fan as they have some really awesome devices, various customizations including launchers that can change the whole UI in seconds for a new experience. But I can be comfortable with either system.
Just wanted to share in case anyone at this late date is thinking of doing the same.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative