iphone 6s vs 7?

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
does anyone have a review of the two? I decided to go for the cheaper 6s which I get to pick up tomorrow. But I'm curious as to what other people's thoughts are! Thanks :)

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased a new 64GB 6s. While I would have liked the faster processor, I'm ambivalent about the new home button, and I like the fact that I still have a headphone jack. The biggest issue, for me, I liked getting more storage on the 6s and paying less, then what I would have paid for the 32GB 7. Of course, if I was really smart, I'm guessing if I'd have waited a month or two (particularly around Black Friday) I could have paid even less and got the 128GB version.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Congrats on your new phone. The 6s is a formidable phone. Do not under estimate it. You made a good decision in going the route you did. The 6s will last you several years if you need it too. And it is close enough to the 7 that most people will not notice the difference between it and the 6s. Enjoy your new device.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 6s is an amazing device. I have the 64GB version in rose gold and love it. You'll definitely enjoy it, and you're not missing out on much with the 7 in comparison.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
After a lot of back and forth, I ended up sticking with my 64gb 6s. I entertained the Note 7, iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, but at the end of the day I realized that the 6s does everything I need it to do and does it all really well. I put my money away and I will wait and see what next year brings.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Looked at a 7 and almost bought it, then heard about all the connection drop issues with Verizon and it kind of put me off. I figured it would get fixed at some point but it gave me some time to rethink it and decided that since my last iPhone was a 6 that a 6s was enough of an upgrade anyway. Was able to pick up a 64GB off swappa that came with a bunch of accessories I would of ended up paying extra for anyway. Bottom line is I got a great deal on a really nice device that's fast as hell and like new, saving me a ton of dough. Happy with my choice and I owe it all to Verizon/Apple's issues with the 7 that made me step back and rethink the whole purchase. I'd recommend the 6s and save the extra coin.I Like the home button better anyway.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
does anyone have a review of the two? I decided to go for the cheaper 6s which I get to pick up tomorrow. But I'm curious as to what other people's thoughts are! Thanks :)

I've had the iPhone 6S and found it to be a speedy and powerful iPhone. Unfortunately, I only had it for a day or two before swapping it out for the 6S Plus. Having said that, I currently have the iPhone 7 and am 60% percent sure I will keep it. It's fast, powerful, sleek and is the perfect size for a smartphone, in my opinion. iOS 10 runs well on it as well as my 3rd party apps. The camera takes excellent pics and the speakers sound great. I still miss the size of the iPhone Plus, but I'm getting more used to the size of the 4.7" iPhone 7. Now in regard to the thread question, if you're buying the device outright then go with the iPhone 6S and save yourself some money, but if you're buying it via a subsidy/installment plan then get the iPhone 7. You can't go wrong with either device, in my opinion.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I went for the 6s.... I'm really liking it so far!! Saved a few hundred ... and I was also put off by the 7 because of no headphone jack... I listen to music on headphones multiple times a day... I got big headphones for a reason... so I don't lose them XD

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I went for the 6s.... I'm really liking it so far!! Saved a few hundred ... and I was also put off by the 7 because of no headphone jack... I listen to music on headphones multiple times a day... I got big headphones for a reason... so I don't lose them XD

Good choice. Enjoy. The 6S runs iOS 10 perfectly and will be a keeper for a good long while. Plus that headphone jack, Bonus!!

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I hate to say it but I ended up returning my 6s and now have a 7 Plus. While I love the size of the 6s, I'm old enough that the screen size is more important to me than how comfortable it is in my pocket. And the more I looked at the 7 Plus, it just had too many advantages (even though I likely shouldn't have spent the money); such as the water resistance, the extra GB of memory and faster processor, the dual cameras, stereo speakers, etc.

While the extra GB of memory and A10 processor don't mean much now, I am looking at how it will age -- my guess is iOS may run a bit better with the extra RAM and better processor. I'm still ambivalent about the home "button," I understand that the lack of physical button makes it less likely to break but there is something somewhat satisfying with an actual click. Maybe as I get more used to the new "button" that will change, as it has for many, but it hasn't for me yet. And while I'm a bit disappointed with a lack of headphone jack, that is somewhat theoretical for me as I don't use it that much -- I won't have much of an issue using the lightning port.

I'm actually surprised to have the 7 Plus, I had decided -- largely based on the fact that no 7 Plus appeared to be available -- that I'd even up with a 6S Plus. I was even told, when I got to the Apple Store by the greeter, that they had no 7 Plus in stock, but they ended up having one 128GB 7 Plus in stock.

To me, the choice between the 6s and 7 is a very tough choice; it likely depends on how much you are currently willing to spend, how important waterproofing, and the headphone jack are to you. Either way, I don't think there is a wrong choice.

vectro73

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I decided to get 6s because of lacking of headphone jack in 7. I think 6s is the last iPhone I bought because Apple is unlikely going to return the jack back. But my experience with 6s was not so good either. I had to exchange device twice in service center because of really poor screen quality (white field in particular).

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I decided to get 6s because of lacking of headphone jack in 7. I think 6s is the last iPhone I bought because Apple is unlikely going to return the jack back. But my experience with 6s was not so good either. I had to exchange device twice in service center because of really poor screen quality (white field in particular).

Did you get refurb units? I'm still rocking my original 6S from the launch date

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking the 6s is one of those keepers mine works perfect still, I'll wait and see what Apple is up to with the 8 .

vectro73

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
First one was not refurbished for sure. We don't have this kind of units on sale here at all. But I'm not sure about replacement units. Thing is - I can see the same poor display quality on almost all demo units in the stores. Service guy at Apple's authorised service provider said that almost 95 percent of units have this problem and one guy had 4 replacement because of it. Latest unit I got still does not have perfect display quality, but now I'm pretty much satisfied cause it is not looking so bad as it was on first 2. Interesting, that after having a lot of devices from all kind of vendors - from Meizu to Samsung with no problems at all, especially no problems with display hardware, I ran in so stupid situation with display of a phone that a lot of people are calling perfect.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner