iOS 10 on the 6s

jkmasi

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
As I mentioned in another thread, I am having trouble with the contacts app freezing and also the white spinner after hitting Home sometimes.

SelenaLee

Banned
Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I updated my 6s to iOS 10 as soon as it's available. However, it's getting less desirable.
1. The battery is draining out so fast. I don't know whether it's because of "Raise to wake".
2. Sometime It gets stuck in the multi-tasking screen when I'm trying to switch to another app.
3. My alarm stops ringing sometime somehow. Last time, it makes me late for the company!!!!
4. I somehow don't know how to stop the alarm and some notifications!
Is there anyone facing the some problems with these as I do!!!!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
As I mentioned in another thread, I am having trouble with the contacts app freezing and also the white spinner after hitting Home sometimes.

I updated my 6s to iOS 10 as soon as it's available. However, it's getting less desirable.
1. The battery is draining out so fast. I don't know whether it's because of "Raise to wake".
2. Sometime It gets stuck in the multi-tasking screen when I'm trying to switch to another app.
3. My alarm stops ringing sometime somehow. Last time, it makes me late for the company!!!!
4. I somehow don't know how to stop the alarm and some notifications!
Is there anyone facing the some problems with these as I do!!!!

Haven't experienced any of those on my 6s, and I've been on the beta since it was available earlier this summer. The alarm I usually turn off from my Apple Watch, but today I'll try it from the lock screen.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to 10 and it works great after you get it set the way you want it with home button and all however slightly decrease in battery life my camera works as good or better .

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Adding to my previous post, iOS 10 has been great except for one thing. On Monday, I went grocery shopping in my neighborhood and found that Apple Pay didn't work. I tried it twice, to no avail. I read that it's an issue related to the "Press home to unlock" feature? I guess I'll have to use the workaround and enable Touch ID to unlock the screen any time I go shopping and plan on using Apple Pay. That'll take some remembering, though. :straight-face:

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Apple Pay continues to work fine for me. Rest my thumb on the home button; bring the top of the phone down to the reader; Apple Pay works fine, as it did on iOS 9.

I don't have rest to unlock turned on.

So maybe there was something wrong with the terminal at your grocery store that day?

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Apple Pay continues to work fine for me. Rest my thumb on the home button; bring the top of the phone down to the reader; Apple Pay works fine, as it did on iOS 9.

I don't have rest to unlock turned on.

So maybe there was something wrong with the terminal at your grocery store that day?

I guess that's possible. I'll definitely try using it again, most likely tomorrow since I'm planning another shopping trip at a store I typically use Apple Pay. I'll report back on whether or not it works.