iOS 10 on the 6s

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
How is this working out for those that have it? I have a 6s on it's way to me and being on Verizon I'm wondering if this is a good idea or even doable since again, it's Verizon. Not even sure which OS the 6s will arrive with.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
iOS 10 works great on a 6S. Even on a 6 it's amazing.
I had a few times on a 5S where I had the feeling it worked a little slower than I expected, but even on a 5S it is quite doable.

The real problem is with the 5 and the 5C. It pushes the limits of the latter devices devices

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm totally jazzed about iOS10 on my 6s. It really made it almost a new phone again. The only issue that I have a beef with is the decrease in battery life.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm totally jazzed about iOS10 on my 6s. It really made it almost a new phone again. The only issue that I have a beef with is the decrease in battery life.
How bad did it get? I'm considering this battery case: https://chargetech.com/product/apple-iphone-6-battery-case/#reviews
Best one I've seen so far. I don't see any way to get thru a day with the smallish battery that comes standard with the 6S. I could just charge twice a day I suppose. My gently used 6S comes tomorrow. I'll know pretty quick how it's gonna roll out.

EDIT: Found out I'm getting a used apple battery case with the 6s. Kinda funny looking but the reviews are pretty solid. So if I need it I at least have it. Would prefer to keep it slim tho. I'll get it sorted this weekend.

Last edited:

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I finally bit the bullet and updated to iOS 10 yesterday morning. I'm really enjoying it so far. Initially, I switched over to the old way of unlocking the phone's screen, but then I decided to go back to the new way of "Press home to unlock" because I want to use iOS 10 the way it's meant to be used. No issues whatsoever as of now.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I finally bit the bullet and updated to iOS 10 yesterday morning. I'm really enjoying it so far. Initially, I switched over to the old way of unlocking the phone's screen, but then I decided to go back to the new way of "Press home to unlock" because I want to use iOS 10 the way it's meant to be used. No issues whatsoever as of now.

Glad you're enjoying it :)

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Received my 6s a couple of days ago and it came with 10 already loaded.(a gently used 6s) A very smooth experience, no problems at all. Seems very solid and works well.
Taking an Android break for awhile and I am really amazed how the little battery in the 6s can last so long. Happy with that feature for sure. It came with the apple battery case, but I might not need it except occasionally on long camping trips or something.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Received my 6s a couple of days ago and it came with 10 already loaded.(a gently used 6s) A very smooth experience, no problems at all. Seems very solid and works well.
Taking an Android break for awhile and I am really amazed how the little battery in the 6s can last so long. Happy with that feature for sure. It came with the apple battery case, but I might not need it except occasionally on long camping trips or something.

Congrats on the 6s! The Apple Smart Battery Case is quite nice -- I like mine a lot. But you're right, not for everyday use.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Anybody notice worse camera performance on ios 10? My wife hasn't updated her 6S yet, and if we are taking the same picture (usually of the kids) hers is faster, and the picture is clearer than mine.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Anybody notice worse camera performance on ios 10? My wife hasn't updated her 6S yet, and if we are taking the same picture (usually of the kids) hers is faster, and the picture is clearer than mine.

I don't think so. I've taken around eight pics since last Saturday after updating and haven't noticed anything different in photo quality.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

My camera, depending on the camera app, has the ability to now save RAW images. Two of my long time apps now support it. Performance is great if not better.

munirq8

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
after i upgraded to iOS 10.0.2 from my iphone 6s, i am having problems while making calls, selecting /searching contacts not coming properly

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen