16GB and 64GB 6s dropped... interesting...

Sicily1918

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
So, I was looking at Apple's site earlier and noticed there're now only two 6ses (6s's... 6ss... 6s-es?) -- a 32GB entry and a 128GB. My 64GB's now an orphan!!! Or something less melodramatic :cool:

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Woah that's actually very cool for people who were struggling with 16GB but thought 64GB was too much!

It was about time

PS: However, I still think they should've kept 64GB.

Last edited:

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Ya I think it was the price point of a 16GB that a lot of people bought it for until they filled it and had to repurchase. 32 , 64 , 128 should always have been the options .

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
64 seemed ideal to me, with my limited storage requirements (few photos, no saved video, no saved podcasts and streamed music) it left plenty of space for large updates without having to faff about. I think that removing 64 gig is about forcing people to pay ?100 for the next increment along with the same (or more) for earphones that fit. Well done Apple ?200 for nothing !!

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
64 seemed ideal to me, with my limited storage requirements (few photos, no saved video, no saved podcasts and streamed music) it left plenty of space for large updates without having to faff about. I think that removing 64 gig is about forcing people to pay ?100 for the next increment along with the same (or more) for earphones that fit. Well done Apple ?200 for nothing !!

Well, at least the 32GB is the same price as the 16GB, and 128GB is the same price as the 64GB was.

Sicily1918

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Well, given how they increase the price by a hundred (dollars or pounds, apparently) for the storage increment, I think [Apple thought] it might've turned people off to pay $100 more for only double the storage (instead of 4x that, now).

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Can I ask you in your opinion what are people going to do with the 16 gig model? Someone was sellong one for 350 unlocked and I held off because I figured it couldn't hold much space and prices where gonna drop. What's gonna happen to all those 16 gigs out there? Firesale?

Sicily1918

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Can I ask you in your opinion what are people going to do with the 16 gig model? Someone was sellong one for 350 unlocked and I held off because I figured it couldn't hold much space and prices where gonna drop. What's gonna happen to all those 16 gigs out there? Firesale?
Historically, they'll either hold on to them until it's upgrade time, or sell them. If you're talking about current stock, that's a very good question; although perhaps Apple will sell these devices overseas (since they're still new). I'm also willing to wager that Apple slowed their 16GB manufacturing months ago to reduce stock, thus limiting the amount of 16 gigers left over.

For some people, 16GB is still good enough (although, realistically, I'd say with the size of the OS/files/programs/photos nowadays, the mainstream user should fall much closer to needing more than that (i.e., the 32GB tier)). I think this is one of those times where used Apple hardware won't command a high resale price (for the 16GB models) -- I just couldn't justify spending more than $300 on a perfect 16GB 6s knowing the 32GB, brand new with full warranty, was only $550.

If I had to get a new phone, I'd get no less than 32GB for my wife (she insists she doesn't care, but she chewed past 16GB real quick on her 32GB (Nexus phone)). For my mom, though, I was looking at a 16GB 5s (since I know the only things she'll store there are photos, which take a long time to eat 16GB) but jumped at a brand-new 32GB 5s (friend had it, still shrink-wrapped, in a drawer).

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the seller wanted 350 which IMO was too high for such small storage. Makes sense, under apple sellong them overseas and especially with new is versions 16 gig.is too small

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
So, I was looking at Apple's site earlier and noticed there're now only two 6ses (6s's... 6ss... 6s-es?) -- a 32GB entry and a 128GB. My 64GB's now an orphan!!! Or something less melodramatic :cool:

Since you dropped your 6s did the phone break? If so then upgrade to a different phone.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
When I bought my 6, I thought the 64gb would be too much. Then I bought a GoPro and found myself shooting more video than pictures. I also saw myself getting into vlogs which takes up a lot of space. So this time around I didn't think twice about the 128gb and even gave the 256gb some thought. Then again for me, this will be a year commitment and then time to upgrade to the next iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

There's a lot of iPhone users who don't use much space. They may have 30 or 40 apps, 400 photos, and very little music, if any. The 16 gb is all they need. My wife is like that. She's had the 32 gb 5c for over 2 years, and has 20 gb available.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Only one way to drop a phone. Well two one is the phone breaks and the other the phone does not break.

1. The OP is talking about the price dropping (being lowered) not physically dropped.

2. Did you just quote yourself?

Never a dull moment in Honey Beagle Land!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods